1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

The figure does look amazing...but I am not a fan of how the Iron Man suit is trending: to a more organic and muscular looking suit. But still I can appreciate the amazing design and I do think it looks good. Great for iron man fans whether it be movie, comic book (based on bleeding edge armour).

I was trying to stick to one IM but man it is hard. I wanted an "advanced" movie suit so I went for the 43, which I bought recently. I love the look of this suit. I'll have 4 in total: Starboost, DC MK 3, DC WM MK2 (IM3 version) and the DC MK 43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The figure does look amazing...but I am not a fan of how the Iron Man suit is trending: to a more organic and muscular looking suit. But still I can appreciate the amazing design and I do think it looks good. Great for iron man fans whether it be movie, comic book (based on bleeding edge armour).

I was trying to stick to one IM but man it is hard. I wanted an "advanced" movie suit so I went for the 43, which I bought recently. I love the look of this suit. I'll have 4 in total: Starboost, DC MK 3, DC WM MK2 (IM3 version) and the DC MK 43.

Its great how many different opinions there over these designs instead of just "the latest am the bestest!" especially as your criticism of the organic nature of the latest two suits is what many like about them and the fact the 46 is a bit more industrial than the 45 is a negative on the newer design.

I actually like both styles but my vote for the better between the 45 and the 46 is the 46... Possibly because in some ways it reminds me of the Mark 6 (don't ask me why but I resonate with those 2 designs) which is admittedly my favourite design in the MCU. Its hard sticking to just the one (for me even with the Mark 6 coming next year) as originally I started with an idea to build my own Hall of Armor but with random suits I prefer; Mark 3, 6, Python, Silver Centurion... But now I have abandoned that selling off the 3 of the ones I already own (well trying to sell) and instead will have for now one suit to represent each phase - Phase 1 the Mark 6, Phase 2 the Mark 43 (right now but I do have the Mark 45 coming and I would use a newer 7 in that spot too) and the Mark 46 for Phase 3. I imagine the next 2 Avengers may be the last time we see this version of Iron Man so a suit from one of those films may round out my collection.

One day I will whittle it down to 2 suits as right now I plan to have this guy fighting CW Cap and just have a second figure joining my myriad Avengers (probably the Mark 6).

Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Its great how many different opinions there over these designs instead of just "the latest am the bestest!" especially as your criticism of the organic nature of the latest two suits is what many like about them and the fact the 46 is a bit more industrial than the 45 is a negative on the newer design.

I actually like both styles but my vote for the better between the 45 and the 46 is the 46... Possibly because in some ways it reminds me of the Mark 6 (don't ask me why but I resonate with those 2 designs) which is admittedly my favourite design in the MCU. Its hard sticking to just the one (for me even with the Mark 6 coming next year) as originally I started with an idea to build my own Hall of Armor but with random suits I prefer; Mark 3, 6, Python, Silver Centurion... But now I have abandoned that selling off the 3 of the ones I already own (well trying to sell) and instead will have for now one suit to represent each phase - Phase 1 the Mark 6, Phase 2 the Mark 43 (right now but I do have the Mark 45 coming and I would use a newer 7 in that spot too) and the Mark 46 for Phase 3. I imagine the next 2 Avengers may be the last time we see this version of Iron Man so a suit from one of those films may round out my collection.

One day I will whittle it down to 2 suits as right now I plan to have this guy fighting CW Cap and just have a second figure joining my myriad Avengers (probably the Mark 6).

No I'm not too swayed by the newer IM thing. 43 had my eye for a long long time. I really enjoy the industrial look of it and in terms of design for IM, that is the penultimate suit.

But yeah...we all have a different eye for things. I don't know why exactly I'm not into the new organic look...and it isn't that I hate it completely. Just I like the more robotic, standard armor look. I think the organic look becomes more like a standard muscled hero where I always found IM stood out with that robotic look to him. Now I know that's a stretch to call him a standard hero as he still has an awesome weaponized suit on...

And even in terms of new design of the figures. HT is getting better each time making these IM, but each unique model will still have its own plus and minuses. So I'm not to influenced by the newer model but by what catches my eye design wise.

Are you getting the newer diecast Mark 6??

there is no shoulder gap if it's posed properly

Well then it seems no one knows how to pose it properly because Everytime I see pictures of the 45 facing forward it has a huge shoulder gap.

I Normally use forbidden planet uk, Never had any issues with them. And I'm sure they still have this guy up for preorder. Plus you don't have to pay a deposit and you can cancel at any time!
Maybe secure one with them and if you find it cheaper, cancel the forbidden planet order :)

Thanks guys - I did notice the fp.uk price wasn't too bad, it probably does make sense to go with them rather than risk missing out. The mk45 was available on the CD.uk site for ages, I foolishly assumed the mk46 would do the same, oops! Never mind, I used all the points I'd been saving for this against the WM mk1 die cast [emoji2].
I am a bit worried that the extra lights on the mk46 might cost us some articulation, I guess HT have left themselves plenty of time to work out the bugs...

Well then it seems no one knows how to pose it properly because Everytime I see pictures of the 45 facing forward it has a huge shoulder gap.

Well I'm literally looking at the figure on my shelf at this moment and there's no shoulder gap so....

BTW just my 2c on the design - I think the mk45 is a stunning design, but beyond that aspect the emotional association with the Civil War story does elevate the importance of the mk46 so if choosing between the two there's no competition. Plus I DID have the sense to preorder the CW Cap soo...

Why are we turning this to a this vs that discussion? Both Marks are good in their own regard. If you like it, buy it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why are we turning this to a this vs that discussion? Both Marks are good in their own regard. If you like it, buy it.

this!

gonna be such a long wait for the 46....especially once peeps get ther caps this month & see how amazing it is in person...

Exactly, I mean..

3a2b197a50534344d26d757a49eb82f0.jpg

I don't mind the gaps. It's a stunning figure. Especially in person.

DSC00373_zps5hcj5hle.jpg

It might sound strange, but I didn't really care all that much for the armor in the movie but the figure version looks awesome.

If they're saying 4th quarter 2017, you can bet it won't be available till 2018. Really sucks!

If they're saying 4th quarter 2017, you can bet it won't be available till 2018. Really sucks!

I thought it was scheduled for summer time June/August, so I assume it would start shipping from sideshow in August or September.

Either way, you're right, this wait is excessive. I can't wait to see what the production version is going to look like and how they're going to handle the lights.

I thought it was scheduled for summer time June/August, so I assume it would start shipping from sideshow in August or September.

Either way, you're right, this wait is excessive. I can't wait to see what the production version is going to look like and how they're going to handle the lights.

That's what I thought also. I thought it was Q3 2017?

Yeah June-August. Hopefully sooner than later. Either way it's coming before the Mk6 Q4. Have figures been coming out late or something recently? I'd be a little bummed to not get the Mk6 by xmas, but it would be a great figure to start 2017 off with lol.

I think he was talking about the MK6. It will be most likely early 2018 before we have it in hand.

I think he was talking about the MK6. It will be most likely early 2018 before we have it in hand.

My bad.. So many threads, it's hard to remember which one I'm in sometimes lol.

Let's not forget Hulkbuster slated for a Q2/Q3 release.

Back