1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

First off I need to make it clear how much I love IM figures, statues, busts, etc. The Mk. XLV was such an impressive armor that really streamlined suit design. The HT figure and IA statue are testaments to that. When the figure arrived from HK (1st batch) I was obviously blown away like most that it became my 2nd favorite HT IM.

So CA:CW has been out for some time now on digital and physical which I've watched several times. I'm just not loving the Mk. XLVI as much and honestly rank it close to the Mk. XLII (which are both great looking suits). The XLVI lines look too broken up and the red has too much pink especially being a successor to the XLV. I know, because I read it, that the XLVI was designed to both please fans of the Bleeding Edge armor and to "take it back a little bit more toward a mechanical design" that shows more of the Mk. XLIII functionality.

Personally I have no doubts this will be a fantastic figure with great articulation but I feel like it really looks like a step backwards. Maybe if they had swapped between 45 and 46 in AoU and CW respectively (would have been cool to see 46 as 45 in AoU as his Anti-Ultron suit) or at least had the airport battle in the 45 (I know, the helmet) but then swap to the 46 in the chopper.

Anyways, as far as released armors go, 45 kills all!

Mk. 45:

Attachments

• IMG_2089.JPG
    IMG_2089.JPG
    369.1 KB · Views: 271

The only thing I dislike about the 46 is the face plate.

The only problem with the concept art is the 45's head looks more in scale with how it should be vs how it is in the film.

Personally I don't think anyone should worry if they prefer one suit over the other (even if its against the grain of everyone else's preference) or like both for whatever reasons. I really like the design of both, ironically I actually like the differences in each suit which is why I like them for what they are. My reasonings for wishing I hadn't ordered the 45 and instead just the 4 (and now may sell it without opening when it arrives) is mainly to do with budget and display space than anything else (wanting to diversify my Marvel collection so trimming down even my modest Iron Man collection).

I was going to get the 45 because I really liked the design. Then I saw the 46 and preferred that. I was still going to get the 45 as planned even though I realized I prefer the 46. Then shoulder gap gate happened and I made the decision to go with the 46. I think the shoulder area with look cleaner on the 46 when posed with the hands close to the sides In a natural pose.

What shoulder gap is everyone talking about? I dont see it.

I doubt the 46 will "fix" that considering its probably there to prevent paint rub....
People need to understand that certain sacrifices are done in order to create a physical toy representation of a CGI armor...

I was going to get the 45 because I really liked the design. Then I saw the 46 and preferred that. I was still going to get the 45 as planned even though I realized I prefer the 46. Then shoulder gap gate happened and I made the decision to go with the 46. I think the shoulder area with look cleaner on the 46 when posed with the hands close to the sides In a natural pose.

I totally understand. But perhaps you should consider the quarter scale line instead. It's engineering allows you to move the shoulder armor up and down, helping with the poses. I'm not sure but I think the 1/6 scale don't have this feature. Therefore, I believe there will always be a shoulder gap in order to prevent paint rub. In conclusion, not sure if mk 46 1/6 will satisfy you with this matter either.

But it doesn't have to look bad. A right pose will make it look awesome. :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Shoulder gap gate, smh...ridiculous.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I received a an email notice for a deal on Tank through Spooktacular. It looks like the Mark 46 will be included in Spooktacular. I may jump on this deal.

More Spooktacular deals.jpg

I really doubt he'll be included in any deals. It not Sideshows style.

Probably not, they'll have an Iron Man available for Spooktacular deals and then just advertise the other IMs.

Yeah... SSC is the type to use sales to move stock that's been sitting on shelves for a while. I can't imagine them putting up a figure thats still on PO for a discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless it's the power pose

It's not the 46 due next year. Most likely, if any, it's the Power Pose one.

Finally preordered this with a $20 coupon ... yet another tough wait ahead ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back