1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Some pictures from Preview Night at the 2016 SDCC.
8eaed7d81ea004361c8ecd5e21fd29c3.jpg
48fd4725701c95bfa9bfba466f17c7f2.jpg

Looking very good. I just think HT is in the need of new ideas regarding diorama stands. I only see rocks, rocks and more rocks.

Yeah, not really a fan of the diorama base for this one myself. Not everything has to be a pile of rubble.

Haha so true. You guys crack me up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus, unlike other diorama bases, there seems to be utterly no place on this base to stand him with stable footing.

Plus, unlike other diorama bases, there seems to be utterly no place on this base to stand him with stable footing.

I can't believe they are using this type of base again. It's especially an awful decision since it will be balancing a heavier die cast figure on it. It was hard enough to pose Evil Superman on it. Come on HT at least include a basic figure stand as well.

I absolutely hate those adjustable poles, they're too damn long unless you want to put your figures in a flying pose. Superman and his cape sticking out springs to mind....hideous.

I can't believe they are using this type of base again. It's especially an awful decision since it will be balancing a heavier die cast figure on it. It was hard enough to pose Evil Superman on it. Come on HT at least include a basic figure stand as well.

I recall there were times they used to include a standard stand along with a diorama base. Regular Christopher Reeve Superman, for instance. Sometimes, I do like diorama bases. I like the AoU Mk 43's base actually. I'm generally not a fan of c-clamp stands, but if a figure does include one, I like how the Mk 43 stand was a c-clamp on a straight pole as opposed to the thick, malleable pole they usually come with. For figures with capes such as Superman, those cause the cape to really protrude out in the back and looks a little tacky in my opinion. For any diorama base though, the thing I don't like is the configuration of the objects on the base essentially force you to have to pose the figure in a specific pose.

With this base, there are so many things I don't like about it: One, the pile of rubble is starting to get a bit redundant. Two, the rubble covers the entire base, so there is literally no place to stand the figure on the base with flat footing. Three, the stand for the c-clamp is the malleable pole that I don't like. Etc., Etc.

I absolutely hate those adjustable poles, they're too damn long unless you want to put your figures in a flying pose. Superman and his cape sticking out springs to mind....hideous.

:exactly:

Yea I mean I really like the base the 45 comes with. But that one is easy to achieve a pose that doesn't require a balancing act plus they included a clamp and the crotch base for different types of poses. The rubble is really overused. They've used it to some degree for QS Batman, QS 43, Hulk, Evil Superman, Thor, and this guy. I may even be missing some. Something incorporating the airport runway would've been something unique and kind of iconic since that scene is huge.

True about the base though. There's really no way to have his foot flush on the ground. Would've been nice if they simply used the floor from the final battle.

True about the base though. There's really no way to have his foot flush on the ground. Would've been nice if they simply used the floor from the final battle.

That's what I was thinking. Or the airport runway, like BB said. However, perhaps they're saving final battle scene diorama base for the BD Mk 46. :lol

The 46 looks great. But without the lights on, it looks like a bit of a step back from the 45. I still can't wait for it though. It's going to be such a long wait.

As for the bendable poles.. I love those things, I wish they were included with every release.

I hope that the rubble is removable, otherwise there is no way I'll be using that stand.

I have both the 45 and the 46 on PO, but I think once I get the 45, I'll likely sell it on eBay. My personal favorite armor in AoU was Mk 43 and I feel I only need one IM from AoU. Mk 45 and Mk 46 are very similar and between the two, I like the 46 better.

Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Agree with everyone on those rubble stands. Dull looking and terrible for posing.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I also agree...I don't like the diorama stands either. They take up too much space in the Detolf and, as others have said, they make posing a real challenge. :gah:

ouch, just received this from an ebay store, both the body and right arm don't light up. Anyone have experience getting replacement parts when they didn't buy from the sideshow? Is it pretty much the same process as if I were to get replacements on my own? I honestly don't test out all my iron men...good thing i checked this one.

ouch, just received this from an ebay store, both the body and right arm don't light up. Anyone have experience getting replacement parts when they didn't buy from the sideshow? Is it pretty much the same process as if I were to get replacements on my own? I honestly don't test out all my iron men...good thing i checked this one.

I would contact the seller and see what they can do.

Back