1/6 Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Iron Man Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA: Civil War - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

The price is going to be painful, I don't see buying a diecast at retail ever again myself

This looks amazing. So tempted to PO but after picking up the 1/4th Mk43, I may have to wait until a 1/4th version is announced (I have to believe that's in the cards). They sure as hell did a nice job with the proportions on this one though - top notch!

I like it, but still prefer the 45 design. Given this uses the same base body a 1/4 will be coming I'm sure. But it's going to be a long way off.

What is everyone thinking as far as pricing goes?

I am considering selling my Mark 43 Special Edition to get this one.

325-400

I like this one a lot more than I thought. May try to sell my 43 and pick this up.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - CA:CW - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

Hated the Mark 45… but this one I think I actually like. Love that they are doing the new RDJ head sculpt with it!!! :yess:

I'm in love with all things IM so please believe me when I say that I can see the differences between this and the 45. Having said that, how can you hate the 45 but like this one?

I like it, but still prefer the 45 design. Given this uses the same base body a 1/4 will be coming I'm sure. But it's going to be a long way off.

I also prefer the 45 design, and since I canceled that one, I'll be passing on this one as well. With the exception of Shotgun (too unique to resist), I think I've hit my IM figure saturation point. I'll be at 15 (including 2 WMs & IP) when Shotgun arrives.

Say hello to your new $400 base price for a die cast figure. Welcome your new over lords.

Really though, I just can't get excited over this figure because you just know the price will be ridiculous.

I also prefer the 45 design, and since I canceled that one, I'll be passing on this one as well. With the exception of Shotgun (too unique to resist), I think I've hit my IM figure saturation point. I'll be at 15 (including 2 WMs & IP) when Shotgun arrives.

That's a lot of Iron man figures.

Another $50 or so and might as well buy a statue lol.

You can buy statues cheaper now. The quality of the figures is higher. These are essentially articulated statues.

These figures are better made, better painted, and more accurate them statues. You can buy a 1/6 iron man statue for half the price of a figure. The price is higher Becuase it's a figure

Avengers: Age of Ultron Iron Man Mark 43 ArtFX Statue by Kotobukiya | 812771023313 | Item | Barnes & Noble

Re: Hot Toys - MMS353 D16 - CA:CW - Mark XLVI Collectible Figure

i like the look.. but i prefer a more worn in look.

i'll definitely be getting this but i won't be canceling my 45 preorder. i still like the design of the 45 better, especially the head.

I love the "worn" or weathering effects on the armors. And seeing as HT has been putting the weathering effects on most of their new armors, I suspect a BD MP version! Still getting 2-45's and 2-46's, lol

I'm gonna miss being able to afford food...:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

You can buy statues cheaper now. The quality of the figures is higher. These are essentially articulated statues.

These figures are better made, better painted, and more accurate them statues. You can buy a 1/6 iron man statue for half the price of a figure. The price is higher Becuase it's a figure

Avengers: Age of Ultron Iron Man Mark 43 ArtFX Statue by Kotobukiya | 812771023313 | Item | Barnes & Noble

Good point!

I'm gonna miss being able to afford food...:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

just switch to ramen during the time it takes to come out

instant_ramen_noodles_1408131512923_7390899_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

I'm not sure why, but this armor seems bland to me in comparison to xlv... It's not bad, but not something I need... I hope they make a full BD version though. I don't have a BD iron man yet.

Back