Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got that too.

This is my first time buying from SSC and not having it shipped to me directly (in Montreal, Canada). So I just take the scans, fill in the form, send it all off to them and all is good?

Yeah, just scan the ID and your credit card(Whatever card you are using the pay for the NRD), and email it back with a scan of the PDF file they sent you.
Usually they get back to you really fast, but today is obviously going to be a bumper payday for SS as they charge all those NRDs onto our cards, lol(Even if they only have 1000 to sell, they will still be charging $25,000 today, so we can appreciate the cash turnover they have).
Might take a bit for a reply.
But i have never had a problem. It's for that reason i keep the PDF filled out with everything but the date and order number, so each time i am ready.

Neither. From, and still in, Canada. :)
I'm going to have my BD Mk.7 shipped to my cousin in California.

Well they should accept it, but then again if they find out your just having it shipped there you might have a problem but I wouldn't see why, SS just wants the money and as long as its shipped to a us address they cant really do much.

My NRD was processed on Monday. I contacted SSC via live chat to have the pack-out added to this order, as I want to make sure it's not just sent in the shipper box it came in.

With a release date estimate of July, I really don't expect to see this until end of August at the earliest. I will be pleasantly surprised if I get it before then.

Ok, while we all wait patiently for this to be released in either July/August, here are some pictures of the BD Mark VII that I took at AC's Iron Man Exhibition for us to drool over.

8698392587_78d41a4107_b.jpg

8698392237_1a1856e3ae_b.jpg

8698392027_18a59a2524_b.jpg

8699514940_34b2d9f433_b.jpg

8699516154_46955cf525_b.jpg

8698392847_3f4b193a0c_b.jpg

8699515806_3694d711bf_b.jpg

This BD Mark VII piece is a very interesting figure in the Iron Man completionist space.

This figure to me in the next year will be right there with the Silly Thing Mark III figure combining the terms of want, scarcity and favorite looking armor. I look at many new collectors coming into the hobby that started collecting from the Avengers line last year with the Mark VI, and the old collectors from the first pieces in 2008/2009.

I think Gen 1 and Gen 2, (if I were to label each group) will both value this piece as a centerpiece in their collections and make the secondary market for this figure skyrocket given the assumed low production.

The Gen 2 collectors will have serveral pieces from the Avengers and Iron Man 3 movies to display, but there is something special about this piece with the Battle Damaged look that raises this to the top if it were on the shelf. Gen 1 completionists obviously have incentive to get this and some I have seen and read on here may be bowing out of the lines all to gether with this plastic Mark VII as their last(Both BD and non BD) with no wants for the die cast series.

If these low production numbers hold you could see this thing going for $1,000+ USD in the coming year. Given the Mark VI promo pricing at $600-$700 at a 3,000 piece run. As a owner of every armor I feel this is the centerpiece in mine.

How do others feel about this piece in their IM collection?

Hokie, by every armor, do you mean mark 1 -vi or mark I-vi ,with both gray marks, and both special edition mark iiis and promo mark vi?

Ill be honest, ill probally never open mine. My gantry with mk iv has been sealed for four months now

This BD Mark VII piece is a very interesting figure in the Iron Man completionist space.

This figure to me in the next year will be right there with the Silly Thing Mark III figure combining the terms of want, scarcity and favorite looking armor. I look at many new collectors coming into the hobby that started collecting from the Avengers line last year with the Mark VI, and the old collectors from the first pieces in 2008/2009.

I think Gen 1 and Gen 2, (if I were to label each group) will both value this piece as a centerpiece in their collections and make the secondary market for this figure skyrocket given the assumed low production.

The Gen 2 collectors will have serveral pieces from the Avengers and Iron Man 3 movies to display, but there is something special about this piece with the Battle Damaged look that raises this to the top if it were on the shelf. Gen 1 completionists obviously have incentive to get this and some I have seen and read on here may be bowing out of the lines all to gether with this plastic Mark VII as their last(Both BD and non BD) with no wants for the die cast series.

If these low production numbers hold you could see this thing going for $1,000+ USD in the coming year. Given the Mark VI promo pricing at $600-$700 at a 3,000 piece run. As a owner of every armor I feel this is the centerpiece in mine.

great piece but unfortunately it may be the only IM figure not in my collection. i have heard MANY people complain about the upcoming IM armors from IM3, the biggest being that they didn't appear in much of the film. well this version didn't appear in the avengers until the scene when tony was vaulted from stark tower by loki. cool scene.

the mark VI promo was a 3000 total run including the asian market, and that armor appeared in a majority of the avengers. the mark VII promo numbers aren't in but i'll bet the edition size is also 3000. people do seem to like the battle damage though but considering the regular version Mark VII also has battle damage plates, the biggest difference here is the sculpt and the base. now debating if the mark VII promo will be valued at more than $600 remains to be seen. i'm predicting it to be no more than $600 but most likely a bit less. eventually the price comes down and there is still hot toys products that have been long sold out that are still for sale on ebay.

still, i would like to add it to my collection if i can work a deal with one of the forum members. hopefully so. :pray:

I agree with you on all points. This is a defining IM in the HT series for sure, and with that fact and the fact it is so limited, i have no doubt that the aftermarket price is going to be astronomical.
This is definitely going to be in the centerpiece of my collection as well right next to my Iron Monger.:clap

Back