Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With HT you never know. They can still call it limited since it was only available in a few markets. It makes me wonder since they didn't come up with a number before hand.

And even their figures that had a big runs they call limited. Actually they call everything limited edition. I've never understood that.

And don't get me started on the reboots. :pfft:

I agree you are right on this, HT is known to do that but it seems on this one this might actually be a true limited figure.

I agree you are right on this, HT is known to do that but it seems on this one this might actually be a true limited figure.

HT hasn't re-released their limited figures as far. Iron Man 2 - Mark IV (Secret Project) was a good sample.

HT hasn't re-released their limited figures as far. Iron Man 2 - Mark IV (Secret Project) was a good sample.

I wasn't agreeing with that part of it, I was agreeing with the fact that HT may have a few more left to release and the fact that HT calls just about everything now a days limited lol.

It's not impossible. And it always goes to checking stock before going to waitlist. Doesn't mean there won't be more available.

Stop dashing people's hopes! :thwak :lol

What I meant was, it's impossible that he got on the Wait List one hour after it sold out. There was a lag of over 12 hours between when the figure sold out and the Wait List was started.
And for the record, I hope there are more made available; I missed the small pre-order window as well.
I sure as hell won't pay $500+ for one, though. If my Wait List doesn't convert, I'll take my chances at getting one off ebay right after the figure is released. They'll be flooded with auctions, and the price will come down to a more reasonable point. If not, I have an IRON MAN 2 MARK VI Sideshow Exclusive still sealed in shipper that I'll look to trade for one.

What I meant was, it's impossible that he got on the Wait List one hour after it sold out. There was a lag of over 12 hours between when the figure sold out and the Wait List was started.
And for the record, I hope there are more made available; I missed the small pre-order window as well.
I sure as hell won't pay $500+ for one, though. If my Wait List doesn't convert, I'll take my chances at getting one off ebay right after the figure is released. They'll be flooded with auctions, and the price will come down to a more reasonable point. If not, I have an IRON MAN 2 MARK VI Sideshow Exclusive still sealed in shipper that I'll look to trade for one.

Sorry! :)

But anyway, it will list your order with a W during that period of time. I've had it happen to me. Did you get on the waitlist during that time or after? I was after. :(

I won't over pay for one either. I have a sealed Hawkeye that I hope will help me land one if mine doesn't covert.

Sorry! :)

But anyway, it will list your order with a W during that period of time. I've had it happen to me. Did you get on the waitlist during that time or after? I was after. :(

I won't over pay for one either. I have a sealed Hawkeye that I hope will help me land one if mine doesn't covert.

I didn't get on the Wait List until about 11:20AM EST on Saturday; I kept going to the order page and getting a "checking stock" message, and it wouldn't allow me to submit an order. I finally was able to place a Wait List order Saturday morning, most likely too late to matter.

I didn't get on the Wait List until about 11:20AM EST on Saturday; I kept going to the order page and getting a "checking stock" message, and it wouldn't allow me to submit an order. I finally was able to place a Wait List order Saturday morning, most likely too late to matter.

That's really strange. I wonder if that was some sort of glitch. If you couldn't get on the WL, then nobody else could either.

man the amount of ims a whole bunch of companys are doing and all the freaks freaking out missing out on this one-------

Which figure is the PF Joker Ex? Are you referring to the Hot Toys DX 11?

the sideshow premium format joker, exclusive version. right now selling for about $550. with the $100, that's a $650 value. not too shabby for a $300 figure.

the sideshow premium format joker, exclusive version. right now selling for about $550. with the $100, that's a $650 value. not too shabby for a $300 figure.

Oh wow, that's a cool figure, but unfortunately would not fit in with my collection, sorry man.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but you could just sell the pf joker and get your $550 and snag one on ebay for that price :hi5:

Oh wow, that's a cool figure, but unfortunately would not fit in with my collection, sorry man.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but you could just sell the pf joker and get your $550 and snag one on ebay for that price :hi5:

it comes down to a trust issue. paying for a pre-order 3 months ahead of time is a BIG no-no for buying on ebay. you lose your right to recover any monies if the seller decides to screw you. i'm positive i have something in my collection you'd want more than this figure. :)

I was reading a message board just now and found this gif. I thought it was appropriate for this thread. :lol

17q6rjK.gif

I was reading a message board just now and found this gif. I thought it was appropriate for this thread. :lol

when you own every hot toys iron man figure, you kind of want to have them all. i will find one on agreeable terms. i can sweeten the pot pretty good. i have a fairly big stock of stuff sure to please everyone's tastes. the way i see it, this can't be the end all, be all definitive piece for everyone. they got to want something a bit more. ;)

Back