Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm big into the Iron Man comics, but never really was motivated to buy a HT RDJ Iron Man figure. I finally found one I liked in the Mark 46 that recently came out for preorder for Civil War, however I've been looking at the Mark 7 for quite sometime now. Now again, I'm not a big hot toys RDJ Iron Man enthusiast, so how would some of you guys rank this figure among the rest of the armors?

It’s all personal preference when it comes to the Iron Man armors. Just buy the one that you like best. Its fine asking for people’s opinions but don’t let the opinions change your mind on something you wanted or were committed too buying prior to asking. Since you said that you “finally found one you liked in the Mark 46”, I’d just go with that one. If you really liked the others then you probably would have bought one of them by now.

It’s all personal preference when it comes to the Iron Man armors. Just buy the one that you like best. Its fine asking for people’s opinions but don’t let the opinions change your mind on something you wanted or were committed too buying prior to asking. Since you said that you “finally found one you liked in the Mark 46”, I’d just go with that one. If you really liked the others then you probably would have bought one of them by now.

I don't think I'd cancel the Mark 46, I still really love that armor. I've just really been looking more at the Mark 7 closer these days because I did previously like it, but never really took the time to "analyze" it. It's really looking great to me now, and I've got an opportunity to get it for a decent price. My goal is to have one with a open helmet armor and one with a full naked head sculpt (Mark 46). That'll complete my current Iron Man quest. Lol.

I don't think I'd cancel the Mark 46, I still really love that armor. I've just really been looking more at the Mark 7 closer these days because I did previously like it, but never really took the time to "analyze" it. It's really looking great to me now, and I've got an opportunity to get it for a decent price. My goal is to have one with a open helmet armor and one with a full naked head sculpt (Mark 46). That'll complete my current Iron Man quest. Lol.

If that is the case then buy the Mark 7 too, just don't overspend on it because Hot toys will probably make a diecast version of it at some point. Iron man is Hot toys cash cow, they'll keep milking him until his metal nipples fall off..

I would recommend Silver Centurion. Its not a classic look but its an iconic suit and really well designed figure. The metal blades and red color set it apart from all the red and gold armors. It has some battle damage parts plus a Tony helmet so you get a lot with it

as it stands right now.. the 45 is my favorite.. followed really closely by the 46, then the 42, 7, 6, 5, 43, 4, 3, 2, and 1. i feel like they just keep getting better and better. if i didn't own the mark 7, i'd probably wait to see if they release a diecast version. whether they announce one this year or 3-4 years from now, i think waiting on that would be wise. the diecast really works well with iron man figures (in my opinion of course)

as for the house party figures.. out of the ones that i own.. i'd rank them.. 1. starboost, 2. shotgun, 3. centurion, 4. heartbreaker. i'm thinking about picking up striker.. and i wish i hadn't missed out on peacemaker, but i'm really excited for sneaky, he might take shotgun's place.

anyways. like i said, i'd wait to see if a mark 7 diecast version gets announced at some point.

Back