Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seriously doubt that the price is going to be higher than $250.
My guess is $225.

HT is greedy but it seems like this is made for fans rather than a normal money grab.
If they just wanted our money there would be no need to make it limited, just do a normal release and make as many sales as possible, instead of limiting the number of figures they're going to sell.

I don't think a lot of people on these threads understand the difference between greed and profitability. Everyone who collects Hot Toys and in particular Iron Man Hot Toys figures should know that most, if not all of them, usually end up selling for more and sometimes 2-3 times retail in the aftermarket.

I don't like to see the prices of these figures going up any more than anyone else does, but I do understand basic economics and the fact that companies make products in order to make money. Hot Toys clearly understands what the demand is for Iron Man in particular.

These basic profit-making strategies, coupled with the fact that prices of goods and services are going up across the board, make these figures cost what they do. Not to mention the fact that collectors keep buying them to the point they are sold out. Hot Toys is doing what every company should do to stay in business -- keep making products people want while maximizing profits.

I don't think a lot of people on these threads understand the difference between greed and profitability. Everyone who collects Hot Toys and in particular Iron Man Hot Toys figures should know that most, if not all of them, usually end up selling for more and sometimes 2-3 times retail in the aftermarket.

I don't like to see the prices of these figures going up any more than anyone else does, but I do understand basic economics and the fact that companies make products in order to make money. Hot Toys clearly understands what the demand is for Iron Man in particular.

These basic profit-making strategies, coupled with the fact that prices of goods and services are going up across the board, make these figures cost what they do. Not to mention the fact that collectors keep buying them to the point they are sold out. Hot Toys is doing what every company should do to stay in business -- keep making products people want while maximizing profits.

You sure are coming out of the woodwork today, huh, ST1138? :lol You should stick around. :duff

I think most people understand the economic principles and while it maybe needed to be said the first time, I'm not sure constant lecturing on the nature of the market is going to make any difference. Collecting is a constant battle between one's heart and one's head and that's what the threads reflect, IMO.

I think most people understand the economic principles and while it maybe needed to be said the first time, I'm not sure constant lecturing on the nature of the market is going to make any difference. Collecting is a constant battle between one's heart and one's head and that's what the threads reflect, IMO.

Post of the year :lecture

I really don't know what to do with 2 HT IM Mark VII figures but I may need to find out now. This figure looks too good! Argh...

You sure are coming out of the woodwork today, huh, ST1138? :lol You should stick around. :duff

Thanks, perhaps I'm just on a soapbox today. :wink1:

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I read more than post...I just have seen some discussions today that have made me want to chime in.

I agree with that, and my intent is not lecture just remind people the reality of the industry. Just gets old hearing how greedy Hot Toys is and how bad people are that sell collectibles for profit.

You're absolutely right, collecting is a constant battle between the two and I would also add resources or money to purchase as a third.

I agree with that, and my intent is not lecture just remind people the reality of the industry. Just gets old hearing how greedy Hot Toys is and how bad people are that sell collectibles for profit.

You're absolutely right, collecting is a constant battle between the two and I would also add resources or money to purchase as a third.
Yep, I hear you, ST, and I kind of regretted using the word "lecturing" as I didn't mean it as a slam for you trying to introduce some more reason into the conversation. I've just found since getting into the hobby a little over a year ago that it's a lot more complex than I initially thought. I'm constantly debating things internally and getting other points of view from the threads that cause me to re-think some stuff that I took for granted initially.

PS - Thanks for the kind words Femtech and Gipetto! :duff

Some of the pictures that I took earlier at AC..

img3921x.jpg

img3753i.jpg

Will try to post some more if I can find better pictures from my camera..

Another close-up shot of the figure.

img3916cq.jpg

Thank you for the wonderful shots! Deserves a bump! :clap

:exactly: :clap

Yep, I hear you, ST, and I kind of regretted using the word "lecturing" as I didn't mean it as a slam for you trying to introduce some more reason into the conversation. I've just found since getting into the hobby a little over a year ago that it's a lot more complex than I initially thought. I'm constantly debating things internally and getting other points of view from the threads that cause me to re-think some stuff that I took for granted initially.

PS - Thanks for the kind words Femtech and Gipetto! :duff

No worries, you made some good points. It is an interesting hobby because it can be so much fun and then so frustrating at the same time.

It's a little early for it be an SDCC figure though isn't it? SDCC ex's don't normally get announced until June or Jully right?

you might be right but as I see it they went on pre order about 2 weeks ago in Asia right? Then why not here unless????????

Ps I love your custom Selene, your work just keeps on getting better and better

Thanks, perhaps I'm just on a soapbox today. :wink1:

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I read more than post...I just have seen some discussions today that have made me want to chime in.

You and I disagree on things, which is why I like reading your posts. Cheers, friend. :duff

@Invictus Sol:
'Totally deserve it for rocking that post hard. :rock

'Anyone else blissfully imagining a Hall of Armor setup that displays the marks in their battle-damaged states? I would dig it if HT released a fully damaged Mark VI, perhaps with a new garden base that could connect with a corresponding base for a battle-damaged War Machine. With Iron Whiplash in the pipeline, it would be cool to be able to recreate that battle to a great extent. Anyway, battle-damaged Marks III (2.0), V, VI, and VII in HoA chambers would look amazing. :thud:

Back