Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was the avengers promo available for pre order in any uk suppliers or was it strictly sideshow only, just wondering where is one would show up

Someone remind me again - whats the difference between this and the v1 Mark VII then? :huh

the movie promo mark VI Avengers somewhat made sense, considering the original mark VI from IM2 series were sold out, but the Mark VII is still available on SS and everywhere else. :duh

HT is just milking the Iron Man money machine, but with the rising prices, I will be for one buying less HT figures.

HT is just milking the Iron Man money machine, but with the rising prices, I will be for one buying less HT figures.

True, but at this point, they are somewhat killing their distributors and have their own product cannibalising one another. If they had release this like 2-3 years later, it would have been fine, since the V1 would be sold out by then.

The sad part is this thing will sell out in one day or two like the Mark VI Promo and sell for $600 months later.

Uh...am I the only one that noticed this one is missing the shoulder canon armor part? Why isn't that part there?

The sad part is this thing will sell out in one day or two like the Mark VI Promo and sell for $600 months later.

I doubt it.

There was no more Mark VI on the retailers last year when they release the Mark VI Avengers promo. The demand was bigger than the supply.

Meanwhile theres still plenty of left overs on SS etc, for the Mark VII. Most people would prolly get the v1 since you can display it clean and BD while this is only BD. Only the hard core collectors would get that and this one. :lol

Am i the only one who doesn't really like battle damaged figures? The only one i have is Luke on the weather vane. I just prefer a more clean museum look :dunno. Not that this doesn't look like its been made well. I do want that base though, but im not buying a complete new figure just because they have added a few more scratches. Also especially when the first MK VIII comes with some BD parts which i won't use.

Am i the only one who doesn't really like battle damaged figures? The only one i have is Luke on the weather vane. I just prefer a more clean museum look :dunno. Not that this doesn't look like its been made well. I do want that base though, but im not buying a complete new figure just because they have added a few more scratches. Also especially when the first MK VIII comes with some BD parts which i won't use.

I hate battle damage figures aswell. Hated the spiderman battle damage figures that were for the first movie. I'll stick with clean Mark 7

Uh...am I the only one that noticed this one is missing the shoulder canon armor part? Why isn't that part there?

Looks like this is after he comes back from releasing the nuke through the portal and the thruster pack has completely jettisoned.

Rather than releasing re-hashes like this, I thought HT would be better off clearing their backlog of orders. Oh well...

Rather than releasing re-hashes like this, I thought HT would be better off clearing their backlog of orders. Oh well...

Or focusing on other lines they said, like X-Men First Class figures or Batman Returns. I've had enough Tony Starks and IM armors, but that's where the money is sadly.

Well, ****. Even with the Mark VII on order, I wouldn't mind getting a hold of this thing.

Wow you can do the repulsor blast pose finally with the new hand set, i think that along with the head in the helmet not to mention the head sculpt looks better, iono over all it looks more 'realistic than the mkvii coming out soon, grrr guess im gonna have to get both,... is this diecast or plastic???

Wow you can do the repulsor blast pose finally with the new hand set, i think that along with the head in the helmet not to mention the head sculpt looks better, iono over all it looks more 'realistic than the mkvii coming out soon, grrr guess im gonna have to get both,... is this diecast or plastic???

Plastic.

The die cast version would be clean version, I think.

Unless Play Imaginative manage to pull off 2 looks (clean and BD)for us. :lol

My only iron man is the avengers VI promo, I liked it because it was sleeker- even though it would make sense to get the VII for final battle to go with the rest I was going to pass on the first version. Now seeing the VI promo prices on eBay I may pick this up and sell the VI if I like how this looks amongst the other avengers. Seems this would be easier to sell (even if just at msrp) if I end up not liking it than the regular VII.

Might have to get this depending on the price, the Avengers Mk VI went cheap enough for a IM suit when it first went up and look at it now.

Back