Hot Toys - MMS196 - The Avengers: Battle Damaged Mark VII (Movie Promo Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats good to know, might enquire with a few other uk suppliers see if they plan on getting him

Well OSB have already said they're not sure if they'll be stocking however I'd say if Toy HQ are then Wai Man will as well (both OSB and Toy HQ seem to have a good relationship with one another what with both listing recent iMINIme figures for example)

It's a slap to the face because they haven't even released the original and they're already announcing the 2.0.

Then what Hot Toys have done is actually a favour to the collector, given they've announced this before the 'regular' Mark VII has even hit the HK market unlike the DX10/DX13 case Hot Toys have given the customer a chance to decide beforehand which they want. Waiting until the Mark VII had been released would of been a worse 'slap in the face'

I would love to have this guy in my Avengers, then keep the clean MKVII for my HoA display.... but I'm betting this will be at least in the $250-$275 range...

It's obvious this one has changes to it compared to the original. The paint job is different and they even fixed the super long neck and the eyes also seem to have been adjusted.

It's a slap to the face because they haven't even released the original and they're already announcing the 2.0.
It's like saying the new Xbox or Playstation is announced and before it's released to the market, they announce a 2.0 is coming soon. It's a slap to the face to the consumer. Give us some time and at least RELEASE the original before coming out with a different version.

Not a big problem to me as I'll pick up both but it's still a big WTF kind of act. But this is Hot Toys + Iron Man so they'll be at the farm milking this cow till it runs dry.

Again, I disagree. You aren't obligated to get either. There will always be a newer, better, more updated version available around the corner. Every electronics manufacturer does it on a monthly bases.

I look at it as HT giving us options. If we like a clean looking collectible, get the regular. If you want battle damaged, now you have an option.

Some of the members of this community have such an entitled mind set. And they think HT should do everything they want. Nothing more, and nothing less.

The members of SSF probably only make up 1% of HT customers, if that.

They are a business that makes collectibles available to the public. What you call milking, they consider smart business. If you ran HT and knew IM figures would sell no matter what you made, you'd make a million versions too.

This version should come with the Stark head sculpt instead of the regular VII.

avengers_group_01.jpg

Then what Hot Toys have done is actually a favour to the collector, given they've announced this before the 'regular' Mark VII has even hit the HK market unlike the DX10/DX13 case Hot Toys have given the customer a chance to decide beforehand which they want. Waiting until the Mark VII had been released would of been a worse 'slap in the face'
I mean I get that in some sense but on the other hand it's also like:

"Hey guys, I know 90% of you have PO'd the Regular edition EIGHT months ago but now before even releasing that one, here is the 2.0 coming out."

A lot or people PO's on SSC so they can't cancel without losing the NRD money they spent. I get what they're doing but it's also a wtf to those who have had the original PO'd since the day it came out and now they're stuck wanting this instead, or both.

I don't think either DX10/12 or this is 'a slap in the face', lol. Anyone that feels that way should get some perspective. In the case of DX10/12, both versions are essential, whereas in this case I'd have no problem passing on the BD version if I had the regular on order. You can also cancel your pre-order on the reg and get this, if you want. Think of all the stuff HT's not doing so IM fans can have an embarrassment of riches. Seriously, stop whining about having too much choice (and in regards to the NRD -- that's one of the hazards of collecting... SSC will also transfer your NRD on your first cancellation to another figure, on request).

Is this an entirely new body design, or are the dimensions similar to the Mk VII already on preorder? It seems a bit difficult to tell, as this figure looks like it was posed much better than the original Mk VII in Hot Toys' preview. I'm also curious if the design of this figure led to the other Mk VII being altered after first being unveiled (with a shorter neck, etc.).

A lot or people PO's on SSC so they can't cancel without losing the NRD money they spent. I get what they're doing but it's also a wtf to those who have had the original PO'd since the day it came out and now they're stuck wanting this instead, or both.

2 Things with this;

1- That's not Hot Toys problem, that's how their reseller's chose to sell the products (a practice used on a variety of products not just Hot Toys)

2- Unless it's an Exclusive variant or a DX then very few standard Hot Toys MMS figures even require a NRD with Sideshow

Again, I disagree. You aren't obligated to get either. There will always be a newer, better, more updated version available around the corner. Every electronics manufacturer does it on a monthly bases.

I look at it as HT giving us options. If we like a clean looking collectible, get the regular. If you want battle damaged, now you have an option.

Some of the members of this community have such an entitled mind set. And they think HT should do everything they want. Nothing more, and nothing less.

The members of SSF probably only make up 1% of HT customers, if that.

They are a business that makes collectibles available to the public. What you call milking, they consider smart business. If you ran HT and knew IM figures would sell no matter what you made, you'd make a million versions too.
Oh don't get me wrong, from a business stand point, I completely understand why they milk the Iron Man line. That's why I don't fully argue about what they do with this line, I only really focus in the Iron Man line so hey, it means more figures for me.

This line gives them the most money so yes I get that they do it since they know this line sells. That's why they have a huge back log but have been only announcing Iron Man figures.

It's just the timing of their figure announcement and release that bothers me.

That and at least communicate with your fans. They have zero communication.

They announce a figure -> delay it -> announce 2.0 -> before releasing original -> announce another figure in the line.

I get WHY they do what they do but not the way they handle it all. It won't ever change but hey in just expressing my thoughts on them.

I don't think either DX10/12 or this is 'a slap in the face', lol. Anyone that feels that way should get some perspective. In the case of DX10/12, both versions are essential

:goodpost: :exactly:

I didn't feel cheated when Hot Toys announced the DX13 either, I'm still waiting for my DX10 to be delivered (should be next week now) and I'm still buzzing to get it regardless of the fact I know the DX13 is also on the way

And everyone can have their opinion about anything. Thats why this forum and all forums exist.

But when members start crying, MY WALLET IS EMPTY or HOW CAN THEY DO THIS US. :slap:thwak:thwak:thwak:

To me this is encouraging. Maybe this means they will make some IM MMS in plastic

I don't think this guy is really all that much of a structural improvement over the basic Mark VII. Both the eyes and the neck look much better in the most recent "Coming Soon" picture, which shows a production Mark VII, and this version seems to reflect those changes as well.

We can certainly complain about Hot Toys milking the franchise, but it's only abusing to us as a consumer if we feel we "have" to buy all of them.

I certainly don't feel like I am required to get this guy.

But I am probably going to.

i can't complain, this is a great figure with new open face helmet tony hs and new base plus power pose hands! but shouldn't HT promote Iron Man 3 with a Mark 42 announcement? :slap

i'll have to wait if we folks over here in PH will also get one of these! :pray:

I don't think this guy is really all that much of a structural improvement over the basic Mark VII. Both the eyes and the neck look much better in the most recent "Coming Soon" picture, which shows a production Mark VII, and this version seems to reflect those changes as well.

We can certainly complain about Hot Toys milking the franchise, but it's only abusing to us as a consumer if we feel we "have" to buy all of them.

I certainly don't feel like I am required to get this guy.

But I am probably going to.

:exactly: ht probably uses the same mold,like the one for mark 6 im2 and avengers version, both are the same only some different paint apps to it, this one is no different i guess,it does look awesome..still, i'm gonna pass for this one after thinking it through,but i will hunt those "battle hands" though :rotfl

oh man, HK will have fun lining up for this one.

I'll just sit at home and wait for that PPO?

i can't complain, this is a great figure with new open face helmet tony hs and new base plus power pose hands! but shouldn't HT promote Iron Man 3 with a Mark 42 announcement? :slap

i'll have to wait if we folks over here in PH will also get one of these! :pray:

might get this just due to the fact that my Avengers Mark VI is so valuable now, this figure will go extremely fast and if anything will be a good investment down the road, I don't think I would ever display it with the other Mark VII coming still

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I realize that this is simply the same figure, with the original Mark VII battle damage plates attached, only with a more weathered paint job and a new extra head and repulsor hands.

It's much less of a 2.0 than it is a simple repaint with a couple new accessories.

534878_326188397504423_223611799_n.jpg

Back