Hot Toys - MMS187 - X-Men: The Last Stand: Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head sculpt is really very well executed. Even though it doesn't really capture Jackman, it still is a very good sculpt. I will say it does look a touch small. And even though I'm not a big fan of the uniform, it looks to be extremely well tailored. There is a boat load of detail and to get it all to lay flat I'm sure was tricky. Hats off to the tailor. The responses have been the same as the first Wolverine and now people are paying top dollar for it. I'm sure when the dust settles and we see in hand pics people will change their tunes and start trying to track one down. All in all, looks like another very well crafted figure from HT.

Overall I'm satisfied. I'm not sure if I'll get it yet or not, or just get the head. I think the base is far too small, and the accessories are too light. Hmmm..

He's kind of Expensive here in my place, HT will probably release other character as well on the X-man Last Stand License

...and he'll still cost $200.

I think HT overdid the accessories with some figures and I thought if they cut down on accessories, they can aviod price hikes. But they are cutting down but raising prices. Maybe the cost of plastic has skyrocketed?

In any case, this figure looks nice and is great for Wolvie fans. But it screams "Quick cash grab before the Wolverine" and "Shelf Warmer" to me.

...and he'll still cost $200.

I think HT overdid the accessories with some figures and I thought if they cut down on accessories, they can aviod price hikes. But they are cutting down but raising prices. Maybe the cost of plastic has skyrocketed?

In any case, this figure looks nice and is great for Wolvie fans. But it screams "Quick cash grab before the Wolverine" and "Shelf Warmer" to me.

That indeed what it is. But I dont think he'll be a shelf warmer. The first Wolverine sold out quick and with the secondary price being what it is for the MMS103, and alot of people wanting a Wolverine for their collection, this guy will go fast as well.

But Im still waiting for the Wolverine version.

A few pics from me. I think from the movie to the figure, great job. Not perfect, but really good.

292323_438356942881243_1416503922_n.jpg

I think these pics are a great comparison, showing the HS does actully resemble Jackman more than I thought. Still far from perfect, but still a quality release.

I think what most don't like about the HS is the expression. It seems like most don't care for many of the recent HS with expressions on their faces. I guess it makes it harder to see the likeness if a specific expression is used.:dunno

Some one should edit this thread,where it says authentic and detailed fully likeness of hugh jackman as wolverine it should say authentic and detailed fully likeness of a head that looks nothing like hugh jackman as wolverine!hot toys should give up on the expressions that show teeth,they fail everytime.the comedian was just as bad

I wouldnt say that this figure looks nothing like jackman,But its pretty damn close,and again its just a prototype...the likeness is close enough to make improvements.

Pretty lackluster release, but I'll get him anyway. I missed out on the Origins (didn't like that sculpt either, and didn't like his less conventional hair do), so the lack of a Wolverine is a big hole in my collection. Hopefully the new Wolverine movie will mean a new street clothes release.

But what I would really love is an X-2 street clothes, post mansion attack version with the blue jacket, t-shirt and jeans.

Back