Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

Which would be by guess just with his size and weight alone. :thud:

Agreed.
Still hoping for no rubber in this figure becaue there doesn't seem to be a 1/6 alternative at this time.

By the way, love your new sig! :hi5:

If it's Rubber arms, which I am 80% sure it's not, then I will be passing too.

:gah:

That's what I should do too if the arms are made of rubber.. but I won't be able to because I need a Hulk in my HT Avengers collection... Without the Hulk it's incomplete... I'm so weak. :monkey2

:horror More like warrant $300. The Bespin Luke comes with two figures, two stands, a weather vane and plenty of goodies and was less than $300. Even with a smashed car or something, I'm not buying that this is a "more than $300" figure. Size and all.

New sculpt means a new mold is necessary.

This isn't a TrueType body that can be covered with clothes. There appears to be much more engineering/planning involved with Hulk.

Let's take the Iron Monger as an example.
It's 17.5" in height. It comes with an Obadiah Stane head sculpt. There's no real need to "hide" shoulder, elbow, knees, etc. joints. I bring that up because (obviously) the joints for a Hulk figure need much more time spent in R&D. This is evident by how vocal the members here are with the elbows.

List price for the Iron Monger... $479.

So, even at $350 for a bare bones Hulk might be underpriced. Who knows? We're all speculating still. :peace

I really hope he isn't as expensive as we are all anticipating. If he is, it will need to be the end all be all figure.

I absolutely agree.
If this carries a high price tag, it needs to be justified.

I bet that half of the people in the past few days who stated "If the arms are rubber I am not getting it" will still get it.

New sculpt means a new mold is necessary.

This isn't a TrueType body that can be covered with clothes. There appears to be much more engineering/planning involved with Hulk.

Let's take the Iron Monger as an example.
It's 17.5" in height. It comes with an Obadiah Stane head sculpt. There's no real need to "hide" shoulder, elbow, knees, etc. joints. I bring that up because (obviously) the joints for a Hulk figure need much more time spent in R&D. This is evident by how vocal the members here are with the elbows.

List price for the Iron Monger... $479.

So, even at $350 for a bare bones Hulk might be underpriced. Who knows? We're all speculating still. :peace

350 is overpriced in my opinion for a bare bones Hulk. Just look at HT Avatar Jake Sully. That was priced around 300 dollars. Brand new body and plenty of accessories, many of them small and very detailed. It even came with a light-up base.

350 is overpriced in my opinion for a bare bones Hulk. Just look at HT Avatar Jake Sully. That was priced around 300 dollars. Brand new body and plenty of accessories, many of them small and very detailed. It even came with a light-up base.

Believe me, I hope you're right. :pray:

they moved AWAY from rubber with batman, i'm expecting something here.. not sure what they're gonna deliver.
IF they do rubber, i'd wager any future hulk release would not be rubber. I'll pass on this one, and wait for the next.

I really hope he isn't as expensive as we are all anticipating. If he is, it will need to be the end all be all figure.

I hope you're both right. :pray:

A prediction, based on nothing but pure speculation on my part...

Hard plastic (ABS) sculpted body & Arms.
Elbow joints (with limited articulation due to muscle sculpt)
Ball jointed neck post (at head and torso joints)
Ab-crunch (again, limited movement due to sculpt)

Then the clever bit, all coated with a thin (1-2mm) thick rubber "skin"
That would allow the "hidden" joints to move but wouldn't be thick enough to straighten the joints due to rubber memory. Also, if the elbows, neck & Ab-crunch only have "moderate" movement that shouldn't stress the rubber too much.

Before you point it out..... I reckon the shoulders have a visible cut because you need a greater range of motion here for dynamic "SMUSH" poses.

You all wait and see :wink1:

Or maybe we've just seen an early proto and I'm blowing smoke out ma ass! :lol

I'm probably still gonna get him even if he is rubber. A huge fan of the Hulk and one of those that has been waiting for HT to do a Hulk figure ever since the "Ed Norton days"...

Hopefully the price will not be too far off from Avatar, cause I already will spent a lot on the shipping for this huge green bastard..

Yeah, I wouldn't mind either if the arms were rubber. I just want a 1/6 Hulk!

HULK NEEDS VOTES!

Hottoys wants our vote!

https://www.facebook.com/hottoyscommunity

What is the best new announcement of Ani-Com HK 2012 for you ?

The Avengers - Hulk

The Avengers - Agent Phil Coulson

The Avengers - Chitauri Footsoldier

The Dark Knight Rises - Catwoman

X-Men - Wolverine

X-Men First Class - Professor Xavier

Robocop - Robocop & ED209 Relaunch

The Expendables 2 - Barney Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back