Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

What's crakalakin loco? :lol

I get you, I'm not saying they shouldn't have joints. I'm just saying they should aim for realism and accuracy, which is what this company does. They aren't action figures in the sense that they are meant for playing with them like a little kid, though there's nothing wrong with being a rich kid having these kind of expensive and fragile "toys"! :lol

If they include sculpted and articulated arms, the people who wants a realistic representation of the Hulk and the people who wants to play with a Hulk figure will all be happy! :lol

loco! I do play with my Hot toys! lol And i get where you are coming from i would be amazing if we could get what we wanted.

I just can't see rubber arms in this picture, it looks to have the same texture as the leg
29139340091979330335010.jpg

If the arms could move like Howard Chan is claiming, why have we not seen one picture of the arms in a different position? I bet we see joints in the Pre-order photos, and then we will have people getting upset about that.

Cause this is an Early Prototype. The joints are glued together. At least the Shoulder ones are.

also I think we are seeing the same 1 figure from Ani-Com from different angles. So it only has one pose for use to look at

Looks like a different material in this pic, torso and hands look plastic, arms look different
17151716x6e6xibpx63lbe.jpg

A few weeks from now, this is going to get revealed and go for PO. And its going to be so perfect, everyone will order it and all this freaking out will be futile. IMO :wave:dunno

here is a vid from ani com

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV68cWXjLNA[/ame]

thanks! I can see what's wrong with HT's Hulk now, the lower torso/waist and stomach area doesn't have the girth Hulk has in the movie. They've slimmed him down to much making him look more like the 2008 movie Hulk in physique just less veiny. I would love this to be sorted, i know people don't like nit pickers but i want this to be as accurate to the on screen character as possible, not the concept designs and press release art this figure seem to be based off.

Pics to try and show what i mean:
zv2nd.jpg

2u8h2m8.jpg

Last edited:

now the blu-ray trailers are finally giving us a good look at Hulk's relaxed stance i'm pretty disappointed with HT's effort. It's not that it's a bad Hulk figure far from it, it's just not got the feel Hulk had in the movie, he looks too toned and human like in figure form whereas in the cgi he looks a lot more animal like, a pure brute force beast. Will still get it most likely but would love another company to do a 1/6 figure or statue with Hulk looking like he does in this pic

2z5qalu.jpg

Remember in the interviews, the Hulk's muscle tone won't be fully visible unless he's straining and/or exerting himself. Judging by the facial expression, he looks to be in action mode and not relaxed like in the pic.

Seeing that Hulk's arms are huge I doubt they will be that generous and give extras while I think its a good idea Im pretty sure it will just be partially rubber, which blows for a very expensive figure.

Darn! Rubber will be a major let down. I hope you're wrong. :(

I know, but it's not in 1/6 scale. Will just have to wait and see the final product. I don't mind the visible joints so much, but I would prefer none at all. Just hope there's no rubber on it.. if there is it's a waste since they have visible joints on the shoulders..

And so what? These figures are basically that. Statues with the ability to change poses. I understand that it's fun to play with them, but this one won't allow much playing anyway. It's just meant to be displayed as a realistic and accurate representation of the Hulk. I'll take realism and accuracy over playing with joints anytime.

Agreed.

This figure will have a pretty high price and probably won't come with any accessories. Who knows? But they could justify a high price with extra arms.

And make it worth more for our buck! :wink1:

I want something like this:

hulkmod.jpg

Instead of this:

attachment.php

Sadly, the only way I think that could be accomplished would be to have an entire body made of rubber like Leonidas. And many of us know the horror stories about that one. :(

Hulls head is alittle small...I think that's what's throwing it off

Remember in the interviews, the Hulk's muscle tone won't be fully visible unless he's straining and/or exerting himself. Judging by the facial expression, he looks to be in action mode and not relaxed like in the pic.

Tensing muscles isn't going to make him that much skinnier tho, my point is that he's too slim around the mid-section. I think the definition is fine, maybe the abs are bit over defined but otherwise it's good. He just needs the big waist like in the film imo.

Tensing muscles isn't going to make him that much skinnier tho, my point is that he's too slim around the mid-section. I think the definition is fine, maybe the abs are bit over defined but otherwise it's good. He just needs the big waist like in the film imo.

The problem is Tsang has a tendency to stylize his sculpt instead of pulling directly from research. They made reference that the reason Hulk was going to be later was the version we saw in the film was being modified up until the release, so hopefully this is just the initial pass and there is a rework happening based on accurate research. But I'm not going to hold my breath. And as much as I would prefer the figure to look closer to the movie, I'm still pleased with this and will buy it even if it doesn't have changes made to it. That includes the rubber arms.

The problem is Tsang has a tendency to stylize his sculpt instead of pulling directly from research. They made reference that the reason Hulk was going to be later was the version we saw in the film was being modified up until the release, so hopefully this is just the initial pass and there is a rework happening based on accurate research. But I'm not going to hold my breath. And as much as I would prefer the figure to look closer to the movie, I'm still pleased with this and will buy it even if it doesn't have changes made to it. That includes the rubber arms.

I'm the same, will be getting it no matter. I'd still be a lot happier if it was more movie accurate in it's physique. I'm not happy about rubber arms but i've already gone all in on the team and want Hulk to complete it.

That's what I hear. Makes sense seeings as he seems to do all the bodies for them.

What if they made him out of rubber like those old school wrestling toys from back in the day. I think they had the metal wire in the arms and legs. lol I miss those guys.

Rubber, shmubber, bubba.

Don't care!

Wanna buy it now!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back