Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

Let's presume for a moment that the plan is rubber arms. I think we, as a community and farther, can make a big enough uproar (lol) about it to get plastic arms with visible joints. So, I think for now you're right, let's sit back and see what happens with the preorder then go from there.

I wish this were true. I have to disagree though. If they sell thousands of figures, members of this board are probably only buying a few hundred. And on top of that, not everyone here feels the same about ANYTHING. So even if HT were to pay attention to what we are saying, which part of this borad do they listen to? The ones that don't want rubber or the ones that do?

We are fans. We honestly have no clue what it take to bring a 1/6 figure to life at that voluume. HT are a VERY successful million dollar collectible / toy manufacturer.

you're better off going with the statue Sideshow is releasing... looks WAY better IMO:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=400189&ref=home_new

I know, but it's not in 1/6 scale. Will just have to wait and see the final product. I don't mind the visible joints so much, but I would prefer none at all. Just hope there's no rubber on it.. if there is it's a waste since they have visible joints on the shoulders..

Just me personally but that makes it a statue, no thanks. Its the subtle changes that makes posing enjoyable and having say three arm poses doesn't appeal to me.

And so what? These figures are basically that. Statues with the ability to change poses. I understand that it's fun to play with them, but this one won't allow much playing anyway. It's just meant to be displayed as a realistic and accurate representation of the Hulk. I'll take realism and accuracy over playing with joints anytime.

Edit: And I did say they should include articulated arms, that way everyone are happy! :D

Including many sculpted arms also seems like a pretty expensive alternative. Would probably give Hot Toys an excuse to raise his price even more and we really don't need that.

Including many sculpted arms also seems like a pretty expensive alternative. Would probably give Hot Toys an excuse to raise his price even more and we really don't need that.

This figure will have a pretty high price and probably won't come with any accessories. Who knows? But they could justify a high price with extra arms.

I keep looking at these arms and if they are Rubber, they look as if they could barely move a few centimetres. I honestly think joints are being added, because of people complaining about them being static

if those joints are left exposed hot toys are shooting themselves in the foot.......would have paid alot of money for a descent hulk....this is not somthing i would display

I want something like this:

hulkmod.jpg

Instead of this:

attachment.php

I don't mind the visible joints so much, but I would prefer none at all. Just hope there's no rubber on it.. if there is it's a waste since they have visible joints on the shoulders..

Edit: And I did say they should include articulated arms, that way everyone are happy! :D
Agreed.
They include extra heads/sculpts for some figures. Why not arms?
Cost, however, will no doubtledly increase.
I want something like this:

hulkmod.jpg

Instead of this:

attachment.php

No shoulder seams visible. I like it.

Joints are for Action Figures. you dont want them get a statue. :goodpost::lecture

Agreed.
They include extra heads/sculpts for some figures. Why not arms?
Cost, however, will no doubtledly increase.

That's what I think too. What other accessories will it come with? Will be interesting to see.

No shoulder seams visible. I like it.

They would be slightly visible but not as much as they are now on the figure. I also got carried away and removed the other visible joints in that photo. :monkey3

Joints are for Action Figures. you dont want them get a statue. :goodpost::lecture

What's crakalakin loco? :lol

I get you, I'm not saying they shouldn't have joints. I'm just saying they should aim for realism and accuracy, which is what this company does. They aren't action figures in the sense that they are meant for playing with them like a little kid, though there's nothing wrong with being a rich kid having these kind of expensive and fragile "toys"! :lol

If they include sculpted and articulated arms, the people who wants a realistic representation of the Hulk and the people who wants to play with a Hulk figure will all be happy! :lol

Last edited:

Well if you would have read the line right before the section highlighted you would have seen I said me personally.

I know, but it's not in 1/6 scale. Will just have to wait and see the final product. I don't mind the visible joints so much, but I would prefer none at all. Just hope there's no rubber on it.. if there is it's a waste since they have visible joints on the shoulders..

And so what? These figures are basically that. Statues with the ability to change poses. I understand that it's fun to play with them, but this one won't allow much playing anyway. It's just meant to be displayed as a realistic and accurate representation of the Hulk. I'll take realism and accuracy over playing with joints anytime.

I wish this were true. I have to disagree though. If they sell thousands of figures, members of this board are probably only buying a few hundred. And on top of that, not everyone here feels the same about ANYTHING. So even if HT were to pay attention to what we are saying, which part of this borad do they listen to? The ones that don't want rubber or the ones that do?

There are lots of examples of them listening to us. When the Avatar figure was first shown, it had an articulated foot joint (I was fine with it, so didn't complain ), but because fans demanded it, the final product had sculpted feet.

So when Hot Toys reveals a prototype, these things really are 'wet cement' and we have a small window of opportunity to put our say in before they move forward

Well if you would have read the line right before the section highlighted you would have seen I said me personally.

I'm confused, what do you mean by that? :dunno

Last edited:

I just can't see rubber arms in this picture, it looks to have the same texture as the leg
29139340091979330335010.jpg

If the arms could move like Howard Chan is claiming, why have we not seen one picture of the arms in a different position? I bet we see joints in the Pre-order photos, and then we will have people getting upset about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back