Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

I've seen some people complain that they wouldn't want a giant Hasbro Hulk due to visible joints, well they rather have a giant foam rubber toy like something from Nerf? It IS a toy regardless of how you want to classify it; hence the brand, 'HOT TOYS'.

Personally I'd rather have solid arms with changeable pair to go with, especially given they don't seem to replace anything and pretty much tell you to go ____ yourself.

With Hulk pretty much out for me now and Spider-man canceled it kind of sucks but I would rather be totally happy with whatever I buy.

I'm seriously reconsidering this one if it has rubber elbows.

The problem is, is there another 1/6 Hulk alternative?

SSC's maquette is out of the question as it is 1/4.

I'm wondering how easy it would be to remove the arms and make casts for resin arms.

So consideering that all Hot Toys rubber figures have had damage they still what to go ahead with this. Didn't the aliens have rubber break down also paint flaking that the last think we need with this thing

Yeah i have an AVP alien with split rubber and bits crumbling as well.

Compared to the DX 02, Leonidas came out pretty good being a full rubber figure. But of course, I have not seen many pics with him doing more then just standing straight.

So whichever way you look at it, if the rubber does not break down, you woun't really be able to pose him. Very little enjoyment in a rubber figure. And Hulk is a character that would be fun to pose as he does not have any complicated clothing or needs any futzing.

But I really doubt that they would show an unfinished product. They showed Coulson, but he was posed backwards. So unless Hot Toys feels that rubber will hurt the sales of Hulk, they won't change it.

I've seen some people complain that they wouldn't want a giant Hasbro Hulk due to visible joints, well they rather have a giant foam rubber toy like something from Nerf? It IS a toy regardless of how you want to classify it; hence the brand, 'HOT TOYS'.

:slap:slap:slap:slap

I'm seriously reconsidering this one if it has rubber elbows.

The problem is, is there another 1/6 Hulk alternative?

SSC's maquette is out of the question as it is 1/4.

Same here. Don't want rubber at all. They went with the rubber because it's more realistic, that's what they make, realistic collectibles, not cheap toys. But it will end up like a cheap toy quality wise..

So, anyone know about a 1/6 Hulk statue? :dunno

Ultimately, if Hot Toys want to make this figure using rubber for certain joints, then they will, regardless of how it will affect sales, because it win't affect sales

People will buy this regardless. The wise, perhaps they won't.

Same here. Don't want rubber at all. They went with the rubber because it's more realistic, that's what they make, realistic collectibles, not cheap toys. But it will end up like a cheap toy quality wise..

So, anyone know about a 1/6 Hulk statue? :dunno

You just know HT will ask a lot of coin for this one.

I don't want to make that investment just to have it breakdown in a few years (and I do realize, I'm just speculating). I make all my figure purchases for the long haul, 10+ years.

yup same. I hated the movie aside from it's visual effects. I really REALLY don't see how it's number one on the worldwide box office charts.

Sorry, for going off topic, but when I saw Avatar for the very first time, I couldn't help but think, this is the sci-fi version of Dances With Wolves. Unoriginal story line.

Sorry, for going off topic, but when I saw Avatar for the very first time, I couldn't help but think, this is the sci-fi version of Dances With Wolves. Unoriginal story line.

Me too, only I had empathy for the Native Americans but not so much with giant silly blue things. Hated hated hated that movie.

You just know HT will ask a lot of coin for this one.

I don't want to make that investment just to have it breakdown in a few years (and I do realize, I'm just speculating). I make all my figure purchases for the long haul, 10+ years.

They should last a lifetime. :lecture

You don't say? And not only Dances With Wolves but Pocahontas as well. :lol But I love it anyway, sure the story wasn't original and new but they made something new and fresh with it!

It will suck if Hulk is rubber, he will no doubt deteriorate overtime...a process which will be sped up if people constantly pose the figure...and leave him sitting for months in a bent arms pose.

But that's what these figures are meant for, to be posed; it's not a statue.

I think HT should make the figure like Jake Sully...exposed joints. I think Jake looks fine that way and there is no risk of rubber cracking and splitting at the elbows or knees.

What they need to do and I've said it before, is include sculpted arms (and articulated) which you press into the body and reduces the gaps between the body and the arms. So the lines are barely visible. These figures are statues with the ability to change poses, I don't mind if these can't be articulated in the way you would want to if you were playing with them like a child. Just give us sculpted arms to have different poses!

Last edited:

Compared to the DX 02, Leonidas came out pretty good being a full rubber figure. But of course, I have not seen many pics with him doing more then just standing straight.

So whichever way you look at it, if the rubber does not break down, you woun't really be able to pose him. Very little enjoyment in a rubber figure. And Hulk is a character that would be fun to pose as he does not have any complicated clothing or needs any futzing.

But I really doubt that they would show an unfinished product. They showed Coulson, but he was posed backwards. So unless Hot Toys feels that rubber will hurt the sales of Hulk, they won't change it.

This is very true. My Batman figures all stand at attention with their arms by their sides to prevent the inevitable damage as long as possible. I really thought the replaceable arm idea was great and that the bent elbow would allow for plenty of posing opportunities. Who wants to pose him in a "Hulk Smash" pose knowing that the elbow joints will split in the same way that their other rubber figures have...Hot Toys has NO credibility on this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back