Hot Toys - MMS186 - The Avengers: HULK (Pics & Specs)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK

IDK about this figure. It looks too much like a rotocast to me. Appears to have no articulation at the elbow and very limited wrist articulation due to the shape of the hands and forearms. The knees do have articulation, but it's similar to the new Predator bodies (which would mean you can only move the legs a little).

This will be tweaked when we get it but it already kicks ass. I was bummed this wasn't at comic-con. This is a must must have for the marvel collection.

I think this is as good as it could have been. The sculpting detail and paint are excellent. And it's still not not good enough for me - big colourful plastic figure = "toy" imo. I felt the same way about Jake Sully. There's just no pleasing some people.

May just be me, but rubber arms or not, I'm buying. After being on this site for sometime now, I'm starting to move away from rubber to preferring the new style joints. But honestly neither will deter me from getting Hulk.

IDK about this figure. It looks too much like a rotocast to me. Appears to have no articulation at the elbow and very limited wrist articulation due to the shape of the hands and forearms. The knees do have articulation, but it's similar to the new Predator bodies (which would mean you can only move the legs a little).

No offense, but not even close. I hope you are joking, or at least GOSSLY exagerating.

rotohulk1.jpg
cc2012_015.jpg

:goodpost:

3 sets of hard plastic interchangeable arms:
90 degrees flexed
45 degrees semi flexed
0 degrees relaxed

3 sets of hands:
fists
gripped
relaxed

4 head sculpts:
enraged
angered
smirked
calmed

Price set at $400 = bought!!!!

Wow! I'd be extremely happy if they'd do something like that. Or make the extra heads as an exclusive that's not TOO HARD to obtain.

Yeah this thing turned out pretty damn good.

:exactly:

So seriously... people can take these pictures at the con and immediately post them for anyone in the world to see, but no one at the con can ask a simple question about the arms and post the response?

We think alike. No one asked the most obvious of questions? :dunno

I was hoping it was a translation error and he meant it wont be rubber at all.

Me too! I don't want to take any chances having learned about past rubber figures.

I say it's the elbow detail.

I think you're correct.

This will be tweaked when we get it but it already kicks ass. I was bummed this wasn't at comic-con. This is a must must have for the marvel collection.

Mine too without a doubt! :rock

May just be me, but rubber arms or not, I'm buying. After being on this site for sometime now, I'm starting to move away from rubber to preferring the new style joints. But honestly neither will deter me from getting Hulk.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Man, I can't wait for official pics and specs...still curious on price and release date.

The only nit-pick that I have is I think the hair is too, for lack of a better word, puffy? Like I don't think it should sit that high up...idk maybe it's just me. i just think he should have less hair lol

Other than that, freaking epic.

When can I PO this great figure,Hot Toys?

When can I PO this great figure,Hot Toys?

Not before I can pre-order Agent Coulson. Now THAT is a figure worthy of my money. Hope him and Chitauri Soldier come out before this Hulk. Considering how much work this needs, it won't come out for a while.

That looks pretty damn nice. My only critique is the lack of, what appears to be, arm articulation.

What about his neck? Will we be able to rotate his neck? Doesn't look so

Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: HULK's Joints!

And cause people were complaining about.....visible joints :horror.... fixed arms were the best possible alternative they could give us (and hopefully some swap out arms)

Since they'll likely charge an arm and a leg for this anyway, they might as well include an extra set of arms with visible joints. Then again, there aren't too many ways you can pose just the elbow. It's either relaxed or flexed. At least the shoulder and wrist joints are still there.

why don't they just give us rubber arms and articulated arms? Why even bother with the "sculpted" arms. If people care so much about no elbow joints (but apparently are fine with shoulder and wrist joints) then why not just pose their figure with the rubber arms, and if they want to pose their hulk with flexed arms just swap out with the jointed elbow ones?

If they go with sculpted arms, you get the best-looking display possible and you only need maybe two or three pairs. Everyone's happy, unless you want to do something really specific, like bend the elbow at 60 or 70 degrees. He's the Hulk, which isn't exactly the world's most subtle character.

ugh, but I would absolutely hate having to swap out whole ARMS just to pose them a bit...IDK why articulated elbows are such a big deal all the predators have them and Jake Sully has them but no one's complaining knowing hot toys they'd most likely would still have a very nice sculpt even with the joint there

What about his neck? Will we be able to rotate his neck? Doesn't look so

I don't think we can rotate the neck, but as long as I can turn the head all's good with me.

Just wondering, what kind of poses that you do that necessitate an articulated neck?

I can't help but think that the body for this will be similar to Wolverine (minus the articulated elbow on Wolvie). And I'm happy with that.. Definitely getting him. Think about it, there's a chance this is the only HT Hulk we'll ever gonna get since Marvel / Kevin Feige has said once or twice in interview that another Hulk movie is unlikely at this point (unlikely, but possible).

I don't think we can rotate the neck, but as long as I can turn the head all's good with me.

Just wondering, what kind of poses that you do that necessitate an articulated neck?

I can't help but think that the body for this will be similar to Wolverine (minus the articulated elbow on Wolvie). And I'm happy with that.. Definitely getting him. Think about it, there's a chance this is the only HT Hulk we'll ever gonna get since Marvel / Kevin Feige has said once or twice in interview that another Hulk movie is unlikely at this point (unlikely, but possible).
Except if the rumors are true and the red hulk appears in iron man 3.

Except if the rumors are true and the red hulk appears in iron man 3.

I would die...

:hi5:

And would be even better if William Hurt returns to reprise his role... *just writing that gave me goosebumps* :pray::yess::pray::yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back