Hot Toys - MMS185 - The Avengers: Iron Man MK VII Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. I've just started collecting HTand I need some suggestion. I hopped on waitlist for both versions: 5/9 for the EX and 5/12 for the regular. I kind of give up on the EX already, though.

The question is should I wait for the waitlist to convert or get the regular version from local store for $325?

Thanks

I think we still have about 2-4 weeks more before SSC gets their shipment of EX in. This doesn't include regular, which I don't think is out yet in HK--those tend to follow a little later. I'd say there's still time to wait since more WL will convert once SSC starts charging people's cards, but of course, it's not a bad thing to support your local stores. In the end, it's up to you how bad you want it. I'm content to stay on WL and if I miss it, I miss it.

Thanks.
All gratitude to OMG. I used one of his images to show the kind of thing i am going to go for.
And i know most won't like it...
That's why i ordered spare chests to do the work on...

MKVIIL-5_zpse237107c2.jpg~original

True. Not a big fan of the triangular Chest RT, but that does look pretty darn good. When you get it done, post some pics. Love to see it.

Has anyone ever hopped onto a waitlist before an item was released, and had it NOT convert???

I am sure it has happened quite a few times.

Could you please enlighten us with your personal experience:

The item you waitlisted for:

How far from the release date did you jump onto the waitlist: (IE hopped on waitlist a month before item was released)

Thank you!!!

Hopefully this will ease the anxiety of guys on the mark vii waitlist. Or maybe it will increase their anxiety!!!

Haven't people done that pose with pretty much every release and it only looks okay from one specific angle? I'm pretty sure I have seen the Mark IV/VI at the very least in that pose.

Guys, so the regular version will only be release after the EX? Does this happen to others Hts figure :(

Has anyone ever hopped onto a waitlist before an item was released, and had it NOT convert???

Yes, I had a few that were high demand like HT Avengers Hawkeye. I put myself on the WL for a second one since I wanted to bash it for parts, but the second one never converted.

HT Wolverine and 300 were among others I never even got a single copy of from WL.

I've been a HT/SSC customer for @ 5 years. Unfortunately, I know very little about the process of how they make figures.

Does anyone who's been around a while or in the know have any knowledge of how long it takes HT to have a completed proto once they decide to make a specific character?

I've been a HT/SSC customer for @ 5 years. Unfortunately, I know very little about the process of how they make figures.

Does anyone who's been around a while or in the know have any knowledge of how long it takes HT to have a completed proto once they decide to make a specific character?

It depends on the complexity of the project as well as how cooperative the licensor is. So some protos can take months, and others years to even get to a "final" state. Also, as you know, HT even makes changes after the preview in response to customer feedback.

Back