Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I saw that Photoshop on Facebook, and while it's not perfect, it looks better than the headsculpt by Hot Toys
Hemsworth.jpg

Of course a photoshopped picture would look better than a sculpt, that tells me you have never done either. No offense meant by that. I do agree the picture looks better. Its the eyes and coloration of the hair/beard that make all the difference. Hemsworth's eyes are lighter colored and shaped like photoshop pic for sure. Hot Toys make an attempt to make this look more like this picture please!

Last edited:
To be honest, anyone else but me realize that the only reason why the Photoshop one looks a lot better is because the real Chris Hemsworth's face is used to overlay the sculpt? I mean, you are comparing apples and oranges IMO, though I do hope Hot Toys do improve the sculpt. :dunno

And most of the problems with the sculpt I think could be attributed to the lighting in the photograph. I mean, you can see the figure has darker lighting and more of a blueish-red hue, while the real pic of Chris has a yellowish hue, therefore making the figure itself look better due to coloring when overlayed. Maybe Hot Toys should use better lighting when taking photographs? :monkey1:monkey1

And most of the problems with the sculpt I think could be attributed to the lighting in the photograph. I mean, you can see the figure has darker lighting and more of a blueish-red hue, while the real pic of Chris has a yellowish hue, therefore making the figure itself look better due to coloring when overlayed. Maybe Hot Toys should use better lighting when taking photographs? :monkey1:monkey1

This pic serves as a good case for your point :D

556213_362668017128528_138228759572456_1090241_1255199739_n.jpg

I still think it needs tweaking though :lol

They seem to be hiding the hammer handle in the pictures. I hope they make it so it isn't just a cheap looking loop, like they put no effort into that part.

the mjolnir strap from the 1st thor movie also defy gravity, but the loop is kinda narrow a little, not gonna be bothered too much for it

Back