Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can buy debonder stuff that will counteract the glue. I think Walmart carries it but any hobby or home store will. I always have some around as I’ve glued my self to myself to many times. Lol

And as someone said you should be able to remove the forearms and swap those as a last resort.

Something like these

If you want to try something else entirely freezing sometimes works. It depends o nthe glue and how it was applied. Problem is it could Mess with all the glue if you freeze the whole figure so you would need to localize it(cup of ice with the hands in maybe)

https://www.amazon.com/debonder-super-glue/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:debonder super glue

You can buy debonder stuff that will counteract the glue. I think Walmart carries it but any hobby or home store will. I always have some around as I’ve glued my self to myself to many times. Lol

And as someone said you should be able to remove the forearms and swap those as a last resort.

Something like these

If you want to try something else entirely freezing sometimes works. It depends o nthe glue and how it was applied. Problem is it could Mess with all the glue if you freeze the whole figure so you would need to localize it(cup of ice with the hands in maybe)

https://www.amazon.com/debonder-super-glue/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:debonder super glue

"I’ve glued my self to myself to many times" too funny Motu! I'll have to check that out. Thank you everyone for your input. Ill relay the tips to my friend and see which one he wants to go with. Finger crossed.

He could always switch over to a new Thor body. Quick fix. As long as the price of the body plus the cost of the figure still makes it worthwhile.

I see a couple of Avengers 1 bodies for not bad on eBay. Could switch to a better body but those are scarce now. The Dark World chainmail version would’ve been nice. And there are bodies he could switch to if he wants to go with a no sleeve look as well. At least there are options.

Hopefully he got a good deal on it but I personally would be very displeased with the seller for not disclosing that they glued the wrist pegs in. Who does that.

Have a new in sealed brown shipper box available for sale if interested. Looking for 180 shipped.

You can easily bore out the broken pegs by using a screw hooked screw small enough to fit in the hole.. With a bit of force you should be able to tug it out once you’ve gripped the broken piece..

Need some help. Buddy of mines picked up Thor from a local collector. He went to switch out the hands and after tugging on it for awhile broke the peg inside the arm. After further research we noticed that the previous owner had superglued the wrist pegs together. I already tried to use a blow dryer to heat up the peg but the glue is so old and hard it didn’t do anything. Anyone have any other suggestions. Thanks.

View attachment 403558

View attachment 403559

View attachment 403560

View attachment 403561

If anyone is interested Im selling the Thor. I tried to take out the broken wrist pegs but have been unsuccessful. The previous owner must of used a whole bottom of superglue because they wont budge for nothing. Includes the Hammer and a set of hands. Make me an offer. Thanks

IMG_5190.JPG

IMG_5189 (1).JPG

IMG_5188.JPG

IMG_5187.JPG

With all the Thors available now is this guy in any demand? I’m thinking of selling him to get the IW version.

With all the Thors available now is this guy in any demand? I’m thinking of selling him to get the IW version.

I doubt it. To be honest DW Thor both versions blow this away, and it has the cut joint in the shoulder so it doesn’t hinder the articulation.

It's unlikely you'd get anywhere near your money back, at least enough to put against a new one, anyway.
If you need the space and want shot of the Avengers Assemble one, you might get something for it. But the body, costume and sculpt are nowhere near as good as later versions, so you'd have to take a bit of a hit.

I guess the best time for selling this one might be off the back of a nostagia play from IW Part 2 - providing they don’t announce V2 figures.

Merry Christmas everyone! Thought I'd share my custom sleeveless Avengers Thor battling it out with Hulk.

That turned out well. Was this customization difficult? I want to pick this figure up and attempt this, but I also don't want to ruin parts of the figure if I don't have to.

I always wanted to recreate the sleeveless look at the beginning of the Avengers movie and the pics in this thread inspired me to grab this guy and do a few mods. Used the arms from a spare AoU Thor body I had and used a spare TDW cape. Really happy with how this turned out. Now to get his head rooted!

fa1059b45accc8e93c3122fd4262fdcf.jpg

Last edited:
I always wanted to recreate the sleeveless look at the beginning of the Avengers movie and the pics in this thread inspired me to grab this guy and do a few mods. Used the arms from a spare AoU Thor body I had and used a spare TDW cape. Really happy with how this turned out. Now to get his head rooted!

fa1059b45accc8e93c3122fd4262fdcf.jpg

He looks really good!

Back