Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mb T800 body?
That's why neck is too short and head looks small.

235528n99m6fhh2hmmhqk9.jpg

. . .

There's no PERS but maaaan he stoned as hell

235519k3ppxxk1aslxpzsl.jpg

i wanted to buy this but wow they messed up the head sculpt i feel they rushed this .

There's a lot of blatant BS being thrown around in here and I'd like people to keep it in perspective. To say it doesn't look at all like Hemsworth or that it's a perfect likeness of Dicaprio is kind of crazy. To say that some of the best sculpts HT has ever done are "garbage" is equally crazy and pretty rude.

Yes, there is room for improvement - but the extreme reactions only make you and this forum look bad.

But people are not BS-ing about it looking like DiCaprio, well I am not. Ok I was being silly about the Lurtz comment, but I genuinely think it looks like Leo, it's the first thing that came to mind as soon as I saw the pictures, and then when I read the first few comments on Facebook I saw I was not the only one.

I'm thinking if I do end up caving and getting this figure this will be the pose I'll be trying to replicate

chris-hemsworth-thor.jpg

:wink1: :lol

Usually they blur out the face until it's approved...right?:dunno

Click the pic! Buy now!

Hot Toys -Avengers - Thor - 1/6 scale figure

Hot Toys is proud to present the collectible figure of another superhero from the Marvel Studios - the 1/6th scale Thor Limited Edition Collectible Figurine from the upcoming The Avengers movie. The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Chris Hemsworth as Thor in the movie, highlighting the newly developed head sculpt, muscular body, highly detailed costume, accessories and weapon. The Thor collectible stands approximately 32 cm tall, which is closer to the 1/6th scale of the movie character.

Hot Toys – MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Thor Limited Edition Collectible Figurine Specification

~ MMS Series ~

The 1/6th scale Thor Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Chris Hemsworth as Thor in The Avengers movie
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Muscular body with over 30 points of articulations
- Golden hair sculpture
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, skin texture and beard
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair for holding mjolnir
- One (1) left palm for holding Tesseract container
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) red-colored cape
- One (1) dark blue-colored with red stripes garment and silver-colored patterned long sleeves
- One (1) upper body armor with silver-colored circle plates
- One (1) pair of dark blue-colored pants with red stripes
- One (1) pair of black, dark blue and silver colored boots
- One (1) pair of forearm pads

Weapon:
- One (1) authentic metal mjolnir with patterned holder and leather-like strap at the end

Accessories:
- Undetachable Tesseract in Tesseract container
- Figure stand with Thor nameplate and the movie logo

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
Release date: Q4, 2012
TM & © 2012 Marvel & Subs.
© 2012 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

This is from your post.

I'd imagine at this point in time they'd be thousands of these already produced, I cant imagine they'll be any changes guys :( :gah:

There's a lot of blatant BS being thrown around in here and I'd like people to keep it in perspective. To say it doesn't look at all like Hemsworth or that it's a perfect likeness of Dicaprio is kind of crazy. To say that some of the best sculpts HT has ever done are "garbage" is equally crazy and pretty rude.

Yes, there is room for improvement - but the extreme reactions only make you and this forum look bad.

:clap :lecture QFT!

Usually they blur out the face until it's approved...right?:dunno

I don't know... In some cases (most recently the Jack Sparrow smiling sculpt, I think) they do.
But I also remember the Marcus Wright figure which got a lot of complaints about the likeness which was completely changed after the proto was shown. Same goes for Aldo Raine.

I might wait till the last min in getting this. Will wait for any last min changes.

Oh n how the hell do you put your Signature up?

Bought!!!

I definitely see a room for improvement.
I have v1, a lot of people bash that version but all the owners have said the same thing, it looks great in hand.
In comparison with v1, I do think this is better. My main gripe with v1 that always bugged me was the bad paintjob on the hair which makes it look toyish. This has been corrected and not only that but the body as well.
I think most people are upset cause they were expecting since this is v2, its gonna blow away the first one...a much improved version. And instead...it turned out to be just another version so people felt let down.

Having the first one and looking at these pics, for me personally, this is a better version.
Sure it doesnt have the helmet but I never really cared to display him with the helmet on so no loss there.

I don't know... In some cases (most recently the Jack Sparrow smiling sculpt, I think) they do.
But I also remember the Marcus Wright figure which got a lot of complaints about the likeness which was completely changed after the proto was shown. Same goes for Aldo Raine.

And Superman, and Blade... And it seems HT regularly pay attention to boards like this when deciding which HSs need attention.

We can hope. A few tweaks turns this from being nothing like to being dead on. And a dead on Hemsworth Thor would be awesome...

Last edited:

The criticism expanded to their FB page. Perhaps they'll listen.......

I don't like the head. The face looks a bit too fat to me. It should be leaner. The eyes I think are throwing me off. The old sculpt is better in my opinion but it may just be the lighting on the photos.

I think the long hair will hinder head posing a bit more. Maybe not if it's a softer rubber.

The arms, body, and suit look outstanding. Much improved from the first one.

I was never getting this one anyway because I have the first release but to those who are getting it, congrats.

It doesn't help much if people complain lots on the Internet but still pre-order the figures. If you loathe the headsculpt that much and you still buy it, there's no amount of complaining that will convince the company that their product isn't good.

It doesn't help much if people complain lots on the Internet but still pre-order the figures. If you loathe the headsculpt that much and you still buy it, there's no amount of complaining that will convince the company that their product isn't good.

I am complaining and I haven't pre-ordered. Message sent......but then I don't pre-order any of their figures anymore too many deals to be had later. :lol

Back