Hot Toys - MMS175 - The Avengers: 1/6th Scale Thor Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand why he is more than Fury considering what you get... maybe they have to pay quite a bit for likeness fees on this figure..?

You people HAVE to stop with this likeness fees bull____! That has (if any) close to no affect in price. You guys use this excuse often here to try to justify the high prices and save Hot Toys some face. If likeness fees were an real issue, do you really think the Samuel L. Jackson figure would cost the least? I'll explain the price: It's one of the main characters of the film, one that fans are more likely to BUY, therefore CHARGE MORE!

Likeness fees :rotfl

So you don't like it, but are gonna get it anyway. For what reason?
I think hot toys have you in this position...

grabbing+by+the+balls.jpg

:lol:lol:lol:exactly:

I think there is a misunderstanding. I don't think anyone would argue about the quality of sculpt. No question this a great sculpt, but it just doesn't look that much like the actor.

I only buy MOTU Classics,so I don't buy everything Mattel Spews out you goof! I just disagree with you guys calling this figure a terrible likeness and sculpt.It makes me wonder why you guys even collect Hot Toys at all?

I am no-one :).I am just tired of all the 'great sculptors' in here that critique everything HT does and lately everything seems to be crap in almost everyone's eyes.The Sculpt looks like Hemsworth to me and you know,IN HAND its going to look great!

Exactly,and complaining about prices too! which sounds like a certain people just can't afford it :)....I think the piece is much better than the first and better likeness

You people HAVE to stop with this likeness fees bull____! That has (if any) close to no affect in price. You guys use this excuse often here to try to justify the high prices and save Hot Toys some face. If likeness fees were an real issue, do you really think the Samuel L. Jackson figure would cost the least? I'll explain the price: It's one of the main characters of the film, one that fans are more likely to BUY, therefore CHARGE MORE!

Likeness fees :rotfl

I agree with this totally. It's all about character demand.

have you guys realized there is no helmet? i stay with the old thor. like i said on my previous post, i still don't see a reason why to buy this new one if paid 200 for the old one. this one is not different enough to justify spending 200 on a very very very very similar figure. specially with no helmet lol

People are funny- speculating without one iota of proof why a figure retails for this or that...likeness fee thing is just a joke- not worth commenting on...
HT wants more $$$ - simple as that!

I wanted this sculpt to look like hemsworth so much but i just dont see hemsworth, hopefully they tweak it cause so far this is only avengers figure i havent pre ordered

I think there is a misunderstanding. I don't think anyone would argue about the quality of sculpt. No question this a great sculpt, but it just doesn't look that much like the actor.

I agree. It is a good representation of the movie character just not the actor portraying the character IMO.

I don't understand why he is more than Fury considering what you get... maybe they have to pay quite a bit for likeness fees on this figure..?

Someone had to say it :lol

Fury, Stark & Ross are fine imo :lecture

In fact that Stark one is the best one Hot Toys have done!!!

I'd say Stark and Ross, and Stark can'tbe the best as it hasn't released yet :monkey1

I at least like the facial expression much better than the first Thor figure.

$200 USD gets you the figure, Mjolnir, 7 hands, and a fancy coffee maker...

Wow, that cape must be silk lined with gold then.

Just Ordered Leonardo Di-crapio :panic:

I swear you guys have nothing better to do then to complain and nitpick everything HT does.There will NEVER be a 100% dead-on sculpt

Have you seen jack sparrow? THAT was dead on.

Wowza wasn't expecting that.. I was joking about the likeness fees lol... considering there isn't much.

I have the first version, happy with it despite the less than ideal body proportions. Pass on this version. For those who passed on the first, this will do just fine as a representation of Thor. (just not a C.H. Thor :nana:)

...just kidding...:wink1:

Back