Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

I'm in! The sculpt and Sandman are the icing on the cake. :thud::yess::yess::yess:

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Specs:

Hot Toys – MMS165 - Spider-Man 3: 1/6th scale Spider-Man (Black Suit Version) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine with Sandman Diorama Base Specification[/color][/size][/b]

~ MMS Series ~

The 1/6th scale Spider-Man (Black Suit Version) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine with Sandman Diorama Base specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Spider-Man in black suit, featuring the likeness of Tobey Maguire as Spiderman / Peter Parker in the Spider-Man 3 movie
- TrueType body with 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Five (5) pairs of interchangeable palms with silvery web pattern including:

n One (1) pair of relaxed palms
n One (1) pair of fists
n One (1) pair of palms for web shooting
n One (1) pair of palms for web swinging
n One (1) pair of palms for climbing

Costume :
- One (1) black Spider-Man suit with improved silvery web and honeycomb pattern on head and body, with spider icon in the front and at the back of the body, with one (1) pair of black silvery web patterned boots

Accessories:
- A total of five (5) strips of web including:
n Two (2) for imitating the flying scene
n Two (2) of cobweb shooting
n One (1) of cobweb opening

Diorama Base & Figurine Stand:
- Diorama base featuring the Sandman in the movie
- Figurine stand with Spider-Man nameplate and the movie logo

Special Edition:
- One (1) meteor hammer as bonus accessory for exchanging with the fist of Sandman in the diorama base

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by K.A. Kim
- Head Painted by JC.Hong
- Head Art Directed by Yulli
- Diorama Base Sculpted & Painted by Joseph Tsang

Release date: Q2, 2012

*Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Head portrait is pending licensor approval

Spider-Man, and all related characters, TM & © 2011 Marvel Entertainment, LLC and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Spider-Man 3, the Movie © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All rights reserved.

© 2011 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

I had no interest in the 1st one but once I saw how great it looked, I bought it (and didn't regret it for a second).

When the black costume Spidey was announced, I once again had no interest. Now that I see the great Tobey headsculpt, I will be purchasing this as well.

Damn you Hot Toys!

That is one good looking HS and the figure looks so good too, but I already have the classic costume so this is an easy pass for me.
I think there will be a lot of other figures out in 2012 that I'll need to save my money for.

One (1) black Spider-Man suit with improved silvery web and honeycomb pattern on head and body, with spider icon in the front and at the back of the body, with one (1) pair of black silvery web patterned boots
Sounds like the boots might be removable, though I can't really tell from the pics. Which is a good thing. Removable boots, without looking removable :hi5:

K A Kim seems like a nice addition to the HT team :D

This is up for pre order at a couple of Asian sites, selling for around $210. So I'm guessing it will be around this price when SSC put it up. Around the same price for Supes & the MkV.

Red and blue was $135. Although this does have the sculpt.

No pics with the HS that aren't up close :(

erm-ah.gif
How much closer do you need to see Tobey Maguires face.
erm-ah.gif

Gotta have it! Gotta have it! Figure looks excellent!

Very nice indeed. Love the base. Tempted!

Just got the r and b one. The box got me, one of the best graphics, it's beauty sucked me in. Not that the figure isn't awesome.

I'll need this now to compliment it.

Wouldn't it make more sense to compare this symbiote's new pattern to that of the actual stock figure of the red and blue as apposed to the prototype?:dunno, the actual figure turned out way better then the prototype with the webbing being one of the biggest improvements!

And hopefully this isn't HT way of cheaping out and not making a full Sandman figure, would could easily be a figure of the year if they do him right :drool

I haven't read the whole thread but how would you have them make a full Sandman figure? As the actor with some attachments or as Sandman in full Sandman mode?

This is a must have for me. I've always liked spiderman and after seeing the Symbiote come to life in the movie it's my favorite look.

Awesome fig. This will be my grail until Green Goblin comes out.

I can't wait. And I hope the box/packaging is similar to the red/blue version. Thats one of my favorite boxes. Maybe even half red/blue with the symbiote taking over. :pray:

And with a 2nd quarter release, I would think we'd see this up for pre-order REALLY REALLY SOON! :yess:

Happy hollidays!

I haven't read the whole thread but how would you have them make a full Sandman figure? As the actor with some attachments or as Sandman in full Sandman mode?

Not sure how they would make him. He wouldn't be wearing real clothes since he is sand. :dunno

I would like to see him made. And Doc Oct.

Way before meh Venom and way way way before silly Topher Venom.

WOW!!!! I am sold and they addressed the switchout head issue. Fixed the webbing, and improved the fit of the suit. They did fabric over a molded neck, and fabric over sculpted head to get a removebale head sculpt on/off. I understand why they did not do this initially on the original red and blue one, but I think they are going to do a DX red and blue now with a switchout head later.

Back