Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Not necessarily, they are still offering up Batman Begins pieces even though TDK was in full swing and let's not forget that Iron Monger is just now out despite them being in full IM2 mode. They know that there will be an audience for the reboot suit, one for the Raimi suit, and a small segment who want both. Not to mention selling a new Red/Blue with Tobey sculpt and a reboot version with Garfield sculpt around the same time will pray on those who would want to display them next to one another.

All true but based on previous releases Spidey didn't have the same buzz as anything Batman, Joker and Ironman related. If Spidey became popular it happened after it was released (in hand) That may have changed though.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

this suit looks better then the blue and red one.

To play Devil's Advocate they've got Predator 2 stuff still coming despite the film being so old and the fact they are promoting their Predators line. I wouldn't be surprised if we got the newer Spidey Red/Blue really soon before the reboot is shown as most of the R&D has already been done with this one.

Damn that Maguire sculpt is freaking perfect! Unreal!

I actually slightly disagree. The sculpt looks much better as Peter Parker / Spider-Man than Tobey did, if that makes sense.

But great sculpt, and great overall figure. Won't be picking it up as I don't want a black Spidey (I say this now, but I also said that about red Spidey), but it looks great.

The stand holding him on the base looks really tacky and sticks out really badly. But probably my only nitpick right now.

I think the next Spidey we will get will be Battle-Damaged from Spidey 1 followed by Green Goblin. IF they do continue the Spider-Man line which i reckon they will over the next few years.

Spider-man is a classic trilogy and a very successful one, Hot Toys will be able to make money from this line 5 years from now.

Ok, New Goblin is starting to look more essential now :lol

This figure is niiiiiiiiice :D

This is so awesome! I knew they'd up this release by adding in some sweet incentives. This and iron monger are my two main priorities going into 2012. Anybody wanna take a guess at a release date? I'm hoping its not too far off, like feb. would be great and I could bug my fiance to get me this for valentines day lol. Still also hoping for a dx, or battle damaged spidey

To play Devil's Advocate they've got Predator 2 stuff still coming despite the film being so old and the fact they are promoting their Predators line. I wouldn't be surprised if we got the newer Spidey Red/Blue really soon before the reboot is shown as most of the R&D has already been done with this one.

Well then their T2/T1 lines are a mystery. Rocky too.

I actually slightly disagree. The sculpt looks much better as Peter Parker / Spider-Man than Tobey did, if that makes sense.

But great sculpt, and great overall figure. Won't be picking it up as I don't want a black Spidey (I say this now, but I also said that about red Spidey), but it looks great.

The stand holding him on the base looks really tacky and sticks out really badly. But probably my only nitpick right now.

Ok fine it's not "perfect" nothing is. The expression is very specific and not the typical glazed Parker expression so maybe that's what's throwing it off.

Btw, love the avatar. I'm still rocking the warriors dance festival almost daily. :rock

I loved the Web of Spiderman series, so the black symbiote suit will be a welcome addition to my collection. The TM head sculpt is a nice accessory (that I prob. won't use) and the Sandman base ROCKS!

You are only hurting yourself by not owning New Goblin LOL!
I always wanted the New Goblin figure, but a couple of unexpected purchases (HT Blade & EB T800) this year sidetracked my spending. I'm kinda happy I didn't pre order New Goblin now though, seeing as it's selling a bit cheaper now :D

Was also kinda waiting for SSC to allow the use of "gift certs" for the New Goblin figure :lol

This symbiote Spidey however, looks like an instant buy for me.

Ok fine it's not "perfect" nothing is. The expression is very specific and not the typical glazed Parker expression so maybe that's what's throwing it off.

I actually didn't mean it as a knock against the sculpt. We all know Hot Toys will often "idealize" certain aspects of a person to make the sculpt look a little nicer. It seems like that happened a little bit here, and it makes the sculpt much better for it. I could never buy angry Tobey, he is just too doofy to pull it off. But angry sculpt Tobey? Looks awesome.

Either it's slightly idealized, or they found the one frame in the movie where he looked that bad ass.

Btw, love the avatar. I'm still rocking the warriors dance festival almost daily. :rock

That's what inspired me to change the avatar. I just can't get enough of that Blu-ray. Incredible performance, but the star of that show has to go to the crowd. I am highly jealous of anyone who got to go, but at the same time, the size of that crowd makes me kind of glad to be watching from the comfort of my home.

Their pit was bigger than most entire concert crowds I've been in!

Sign me up! This looks great.

It looks great but I'll wait until released to see if I can get cheaper than retail. If not, I may buy the stand for R&B Spidey.

The paint work on that sculpt is top notch, I hope the actual figure comes out like that.

I see some of us were right about the costume head being covered in fabric and not being plastic.

387608_10150428119852344_58690437343_8723636_1132074048_n.jpg
I see some of us were right about the costume head being covered in fabric and not being plastic.
I was one of the ones who thought it was plastic :lol :slap

Wow everything looks amazing on this...wasnt a fan of the movie, but this looks great.

Kojun for the HS??

The Sandman base and the Toby head made an otherwise easy, cheap meh variant, a must have. :rock

Lets just hope those webs have a bit more strength to them this time. And hopefully this isn't HT way of cheaping out and not making a full Sandman figure, would could easily be a figure of the year if they do him right :drool

HT knows how to sell this stuff to us :)

Looks great but going to just pick up the base and Tobey sculpt separately.

Back