Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

SOLD!!!!!!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

I wish they would have shown how the neck joint looks when the masked head is on in any of these pics. Nice that this head seems to still be covered in cloth and not the plastic that appeared on the earlier prototype. Emo hair would have been much preferable to this. At $200, price seems a bit much, considering the other Spidey was about $50 cheaper, but that's what you pay when you get huge stand I won't have room to display and an extra head that I'm gonna keep in the box.

I would think the head swap is just like all the other hot toys figs that have the ball joint to pop on and off. At least that's what it looks like to me and what I hope would make the most sense to them.

Emo hair would have been much preferable to this.

uh_wtf_gif1.gif

No.

3-730235.jpg

I wish they would have shown how the neck joint looks when the masked head is on in any of these pics. Nice that this head seems to still be covered in cloth and not the plastic that appeared on the earlier prototype. Emo hair would have been much preferable to this. At $200, price seems a bit much, considering the other Spidey was about $50 cheaper, but that's what you pay when you get huge stand I won't have room to display and an extra head that I'm gonna keep in the box.

Sell the HS and the base and you'll probably get half your money back.

That sounds about right, I can't see how they could do it any other way. I'm kinda glad they didn't go that way with the first version, I like the seamless way the mask integrates with the suit

Sell the HS and the base and you'll probably get half your money back.
Maybe, but I'm not sure how popular those accessories will be. Obviously the head can't go on red and blue Spidey, so that would only work for Parker customs. And if I'm doing a civilian Parker, do I want angry, scowling Peter? The base probably will be reasonably popular, though the only figure it really goes with is red and blue Spidey, so it lacks the broader appeal that the building piece had.

Having said that, I'm sure you would at least make back the $50 extra you paid by selling those.

That sounds about right, I can't see how they could do it any other way. I'm kinda glad they didn't go that way with the first version, I like the seamless way the mask integrates with the suit

If they did do the R and B suit again with the switchout head, I would buy it, but I would only display it with the Maguire portrait.

You could always mod the R&B to accommodate the Parker head but how many of us are willing to ruin the seamless look of a $150.00 figure that would cost $200.00 to replace?

Anyone think they'll ever do a BD Spiderman from any of the Maguire films?

Is that a hint? Have you heard something?

Not sure how they would make him. He wouldn't be wearing real clothes since he is sand. :dunno

I'd imagine it would be simple enough figure to produce, simply give him two shirts, one clean and the other with sand effects on the sleeves to work with the interchangeable sand arms similar to the T-1000.

SOLD!!!!!!
I have to agree! :yess:

I wanted this guy over the classic Spidey first - looks like I'll have both now. The whole package is excellent.

That Tobey head is brilliant. :clap

There's a pic here:

402203_198403913583748_100002424218719_387908_775495237_n.jpg

Anyone know what those little question marks mean on the side?

You could always mod the R&B to accommodate the Parker head but how many of us are willing to ruin the seamless look of a $150.00 figure that would cost $200.00 to replace?

I was thinking about that. I would definitely do it today if I had two R and B Spidey's. I would just have to wait patiently for the Black costume Spidey to come out. :impatient:

Back