Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Doc Ock is a great fit for the HT style too. I think there is a good possibility we will get him, assuming this release and Venom don't flop.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys: - MMS165 - Spider-Man (black costume version) Official Specs and Pi

Looks cool... Could never imagine displaying this with the Toby head though. If there was one thing that really pissed me off about the Raimi trilogy it was how often Spidey was ripping his mask off. I don't want to hear some BS about "well, it's hard to convey a wide range of emotion when the lead character has a mask covering his face." No, that's crap. I want to see SPIDER-MAN, not Peter Parker... Same went for Venom. Did we even see his face for more than a couple brief moments in SM3? And he HAS A MOUTH!! He can talk and so emotion, so why show Topher Grace's mug over and over??? Show Venom, damnit!... I don't even like the character all that much, but if you're gonna put him in the film then show him, not Eddie Brock.

And yes, I'm venting.

Hmmm, whats the word i'm looking for about this item?....um.......oh yeah............BOUGHT:panic:

Looks cool... Could never imagine displaying this with the Toby head though. If there was one thing that really pissed me off about the Raimi trilogy it was how often Spidey was ripping his mask off. I don't want to hear some BS about "well, it's hard to convey a wide range of emotion when the lead character has a mask covering his face." No, that's crap. I want to see SPIDER-MAN, not Peter Parker... Same went for Venom. Did we even see his face for more than a couple brief moments in SM3? And he HAS A MOUTH!! He can talk and so emotion, so why show Topher Grace's mug over and over??? Show Venom, damnit!... I don't even like the character all that much, but if you're gonna put him in the film then show him, not Eddie Brock.

And yes, I'm venting.
Word. . .this is compounded by the fact that it seems like most of the time we see Spidey with mask, it's a CG character.

And yes, I'm venting.

I agree, too many people knew his "secret" identity. like in Spider-man 2 when he took it off cos it was burning from sparks, a few seconds later the mask was out and he could've put it back on, instead he leftnit off and showed a train-car full of passengers his face.

No pics with the HS that aren't up close :(

& 2nd QTR :lol yeah right

erm-ah.gif
How much closer do you need to see Tobey Maguires face.
erm-ah.gif

I mean't aren't close-up :slap meaning some pics from a distance to see what it looks like on display rather than against my eyes.

The Tobey sculpt looks just about perfect to be under a wrestling Spidey mask.

Nice, not excited about the base or emo Parker, but going to be adding this to my collection neither way. Now bring on a Doc Ock and Venom!

Word. . .this is compounded by the fact that it seems like most of the time we see Spidey with mask, it's a CG character.

:lecture I think that some of these film makers fail to get a feel for what it is that really makes these heroes so iconic and cool.

I agree, too many people knew his "secret" identity. like in Spider-man 2 when he took it off cos it was burning from sparks, a few seconds later the mask was out and he could've put it back on, instead he leftnit off and showed a train-car full of passengers his face.

Akkkk!!... Then all the passengers grabbed Spidey and did some crowd surfing bit after he passed out. :slap

It's no wonder I never even think about watching those films, they suck.

:lecture I think that some of these film makers fail to get a feel for what it is that really makes these heroes so iconic and cool.
Now hold on a minute. Are you saying that Sam Raimi doesn't know what's good? Because if you are, then we're gonna have a problem. A problem that will only end in bloodshed.

The mask thing was obviously forced on him by evil studio execs.

Now hold on a minute. Are you saying that Sam Raimi doesn't know what's good? Because if you are, then we're gonna have a problem. A problem that will only end in bloodshed.

The mask thing was obviously forced on him by evil studio execs.

I'm saying Sam Raimi should stay away from Spider-Man.

Akkkk!!... Then all the passengers grabbed Spidey and did some crowd surfing bit after he passed out. :slap

It's no wonder I never even think about watching those films, they suck.

The film sucks because of a crowd surf? If thats the case, The Dark Knight sucks because they killed Two Face yet again.

the mask off crap is annoying though. Just look at V from V for Vendetta, Snake Eyes from G.I Joe, and Darth Vader. It's not needed.

Last edited:

I think Nolan can get away from Batman (oh wait, he is!) since he's not expanding into D!(k Grayson and friends, and is making Bane smaller than Batman but hey, whatever. No wonder people don't know half of anything about Batmans legacy. Nolans scared to touch those who are suppossed to grow up and take over the mantle. At least Venom wasn't shorter than Spiderman :lol

Last edited:

Why? Spider-Man 2 is the 2nd best comic book movie of all time! He did a great job with Spider-Man, yes even Spider-Man 3 had it's moments.

And I'm saying that you need to STFU. :cuss

I agree with Deak that Spider-Man 2 is one of the best super hero movies in existence. Though I would have preferred that they had more man in suit wearing mask activity.

Why? Spider-Man 2 is the 2nd best comic book movie of all time! He did a great job with Spider-Man, yes even Spider-Man 3 had it's moments.

And I'm saying that you need to STFU. :cuss

I agree with Deak that Spider-Man 2 is one of the best super hero movies in existence. Though I would have preferred that they had more man in suit wearing mask activity.

You two are wrong and I'm de-friending you both. :mad:

I like SM1 and 2, but the rewatch value of both kinda sucks and all three have REALLY lame moments... Agree with me or I will kill you!! :monkey3

Back