Hot Toys - MMS148 - Thor: Odin (Specs & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Odin

Although a Destroyer should be pretty damn big judging from the trailer footage where Thor stands in front of it.
Destroyer appears to tower way over Thor. Hot Toys is doing the Iron Monger so large figures are certainly not out of the question.
But with HT, there's no telling what they will develop.

Wrong helmet design by HT?
Movie stills.... had this hemet...
DSC03550.jpg

Maybe they will include this helmet with Loki or 2nd Thor figure. Similar to what they did with John Connor, giving him the wrong riffle.

You're right ..... but HT's helmet is the flashback one, where Odin sill had his right eye...

So to be accurate, eye patch to be removable and a 2nd helmet ...

You're right. I thought it was a mistake too before watching again the french trailer.
odinhelmetlight.jpg

I don't know if it is the same with the armor, but it seems that the color of certain parts are not correct. I hope they will correct that.
odinarmor.jpg

bought, bring on loki and destroyer!!!

Maybe they will include this helmet with Loki or 2nd Thor figure. Similar to what they did with John Connor, giving him the wrong riffle.
Or... because there's unlikely a 2nd version of Odin... add it later as with Mk. 6, Jill BS ver., T2:T-800, Falconer, Leonidas.... more value for your money

This looks great other than the beard. I can definately see Hopkins in there. I hope the Destroyer and Loki aren't far behind now!

Add the other helm and 2 ravens and I'm in.
If not, I'll pass on father power ranger.

I'm actually not really thrilled by this figure. I was really hoping to see Loki before Odin anyway.

curious... what makes this an 'easy' pass? The likeness is very good imho and the costume is movie accurate.

This is an uncanny image... looks just like hopkins.

1539578ccqzu3ciw7zyeyq.jpg

curious... what makes this an 'easy' pass? The likeness is very good imho and the costume is movie accurate.

Just because the figure is a nice well made figure does not mean everyone must get it:dunno... some people may not care for certain characters,i don't really care for Odin, seeing the film might change my mind but i'm not counting on it.

Looks more like Anthony Hopkins with the helmet on for some reason

When I saw the very first pic, I was like: "hmm... "
But in all the other pics, the likeness looks pretty damn good.
I like the staff as well.

Not sure if I will pick this up, but I'm definitely interested.

You said it for me, thanks

Just because the figure is a nice well made figure does not mean everyone must get it:dunno... some people may not care for certain characters,i don't really care for Odin, seeing the film might change my mind but i'm not counting on it.

Thats true. I've always thought though someone just saying easy pass is kind of a dumb and pointless post. I mean honestly who cares if you're passing unless you want to be part of the discussion and talk about why. Thats always interesting to read.

Wow, that's an amazing sculpt, I only just found out about this from the Thor thread. Definitely buying, I kinda wish he came with his throne but I guess HT will want to keep the price down on this guy. I wonder if HT have got any other characters planned from the film?

Wow, that's an amazing sculpt, I only just found out about this from the Thor thread. Definitely buying, I kinda wish he came with his throne but I guess HT will want to keep the price down on this guy. I wonder if HT have got any other characters planned from the film?

I'd say the destroyer will be made ..but if hot toys do make him the accurate height he should be, that's huge right?..i don't think he would fit in the detolf:(

Yeah, I guess I should have specified. I simply do not like the look of the character in the movie. I am rather underwhelmed by the costumes so when I see this figure I can't say I have a desire to own it. Same goes for Thor.

Back