Hot Toys - MMS148 - Thor: Odin (Specs & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Odin

Agen thanks for that ps shot. Looks aces. Only thing bugging me is the seams in the pants around the knee areas.

Now this figure is looking win.
Wish there was a picture of the back.
I'd like to see what the cape looks like.

I agree with others. The likeness of SAH is great especially with the helmet on. :clap

I think the Odin head with helmet on looks better then the Thor head with or without helmet. Im not crazy about the costume design but from the neck up I think this looks bad ass.
I do think the Thor looks better sans helmet while Odin only looks good with it on. Which is kind of a bummer that they can't be posed together in a uniform look without one of them suffering. I won't pose Thor without his helmet anyway, but still. . .

Wow! Yes please, thank you. Awesome. I love the helmet.

I do think the Thor looks better sans helmet while Odin only looks good with it on. Which is kind of a bummer that they can't be posed together in a uniform look without one of them suffering. I won't pose Thor without his helmet anyway, but still. . .

Agreed. I'm going sans helmet on Thor. It just looks wonky, but Odin looks bada$$ with his helmet on.

Awesome. Awesome.

Makes me wish I was back into collecting HT. Sadly, I'm not. :(

This line will look amazing once complete. I'd love to see Loki and Destroyer on the way.

154114cwuucbsych01tbsz.jpg

I think I know why it looks better with the helmet on.
Anthony Hopkins' forehead is much wider at the top, giving Hopkins a much rounder face than the figure

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JOddp-nlNvQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think Odin wears multiple helmets in the film... The one in your pics might be a flashback helmet or something... :dunno

I think Odin wears multiple helmets in the film... The one in your pics might be a flashback helmet or something... :dunno

You're right ..... but HT's helmet is the flashback one, where Odin sill had his right eye...

So to be accurate, eye patch to be removable and a 2nd helmet ...

I was just going to buy Thor to complete The Avengers, but now going to pick up the entire Thor line too. Hope there's more.

The more I look at the costume designs for this film the more I see Branagh's theatre influence. They all seem to have an operatic quality to them. They could just keep the sets and perform Wagner's Ring Cycle on them. Valhalla would be ready to go.

They all have big bold strokes.

I was just going to buy Thor to complete The Avengers, but now going to pick up the entire Thor line too. Hope there's more.

With this announcement it certainly is tempting to start collecting this line!
I'm wondering if and what we'll see more from this line.

Seeing that they already showed two figures without the film even being out makes me wonder if they got some big plans for this line...
I'm hoping we'll at least see a Loki and perhaps the Destroyer. Although a Destroyer should be pretty damn big judging from the trailer footage where Thor stands in front of it.

With this announcement it certainly is tempting to start collecting this line!
I'm wondering if and what we'll see more from this line.

Seeing that they already showed two figures without the film even being out makes me wonder if they got some big plans for this line...
I'm hoping we'll at least see a Loki and perhaps the Destroyer. Although a Destroyer should be pretty damn big judging from the trailer footage where Thor stands in front of it.

That's what I'm hoping for. That thing looked awesome!

I think I know why it looks better with the helmet on.
Anthony Hopkins' forehead is much wider at the top, giving Hopkins a much rounder face than the figure

It looks like they sculpted the head and face with the helmet in mind which is why it looks so much better with it on. If they would have done Hopkins true and then put the helmet over it would have looked disproportion and large.

Back