Hot Toys - MMS148 - Thor: Odin (Specs & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Odin

Ok so I was looking at these pics again just now, and is it me, or does the sculpt in the first and final pic, without the helmet look slightly different than the sculpt in all the other pics... Seriously, it looks like a slightly earlier version which just needed some last tweaks, while all the other pics are from the final version... :dunno

That being said, I like it more with every time I look at these pics. Big chance that HT is gonna get even more of my money :lol

I really love the helm and it really looks like him when he has it on. Without the helm only certain angles really make it look right IMO

I think the figure looks pretty good with the helmet on. Dinolast was saying that the hair looks odd when shot at certain angles.

In some pictures it looks like the hair is floating. Thor is a definite buy for me, but I'm not too sure about Odin.

I think it's a great sculpt of Anthony Hopkins and that helmet looks pretty cool, but depending on when this is released and the hair floating issue, I may not get this one.

I think the figure looks pretty good with the helmet on. Dinolast was saying that the hair looks odd when shot at certain angles.

In some pictures it looks like the hair is floating. Thor is a definite buy for me, but I'm not too sure about Odin.

I think it's a great sculpt of Anthony Hopkins and that helmet looks pretty cool, but depending on when this is released and the hair floating issue, I may not get this one.

I think it need's to float so it won't catch on his armor as you turn is head.

If he is less than Thor i will get him. If he is more, i might.

All will depend on what other releases we are getting, like Red Skull and Loki.

Interesting....Hot Toys photographs but with no watermark and no MMS number.Thats a first.

Looks like a Jeon Young Tae's sculpt. I'm so looking forward to this figure because is Anthony Hopkins but turn out disappointing.:monkey4

I think the likeness is fantastic. Way better than Flynn IMO. But in the first and last pics, he does look weird b/c of the hair. Seems he has to wear the helmet unless you pose him sideways.

Passing resemblance to Hopkins. About as spot on as their Kevin Flynn which only bears a slight resemblance to Jeff Bridges from certain angles. Nice looking figure but considering a baddie hasn't been done yet and that could either be Loki or The Destroyer I will probably pass

I think that's a bit harsh. I haven't been following this movie at all, so I didn't even know Hopkins had been cast, but it was pretty obvious to me that was him as soon as I saw these pics. I'm impressed by the likeness. Like others here, however, I'm not really loving the costume designs, and I'm not really much of a Thor fan.

Who knows? Maybe the movie will change my mind, but I'm passing on these for now.

It's a shame the first Hopkins figure we'll get is from this movie.

No doubt. Hannibal Lector would be damn cool - perhaps his most iconic role?

Looks fantastic with the helmet!

I'm pretty surprised HT's is making this. Not that it's a bad thing but I would have guessed the line would have been Thor and Loki and that's it.

Congrats to those purchasing....that's going to look great on your shelves!

I think it looks pretty good! Yeah, that first pic was a little odd, but the rest for the most part are excellent. Isn't there a scene in the trailer that has Odin without the eyepatch? I would have expected it to be an option on the figure.

And I'm okay with the costumes. I know there's a better Thor costume in the comics that would have translated perfectly. But I think these are fine--a nice Kirby tribute.

Back