Hot Toys - MMS148 - Thor: Odin (Specs & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Odin

Yeah, I guess I should have specified. I simply do not like the look of the character in the movie. I am rather underwhelmed by the costumes so when I see this figure I can't say I have a desire to own it. Same goes for Thor.

:exactly: He has a problem with the character/design like i said is the case with many collectors, we would all be in real trouble if we all just bought figures because they were cool or well made.

:exactly: He has a problem with the character/design like i said is the case with many collectors, we would all be in real trouble if we all just bought figures because they were cool or well made.

Thats fine and that type of post makes more sense to make than "easy pass". I buy what I think are cool, well made, and hit my interest if others feel the same thats great and if not thats fine.

I really like the headsculpt. A bit dissapointed that this is the next Marvel reveal piece from HT. I really thought Cap would have been. I guess we have 2 to 4 more weeks before Cap. Anyway, this will be a pre-order for sure.

My guess is we'll get all/most of the Thor line before seeing any from Cap. We haven't even gotten a full Cap trailer yet and we already have 2 for Thor. So the figures support that. 2 - 0 :lol

I still hold the same opinion on the figure. Several factors to consider before I pre-order. 1) Price. Odin rolls in at the same cost as Thor, I will pass. IMO a second tier character not worth $180. 2) Loki or Destroyer. Thor needs his arch nemesis (Loki) more than papa. 3) I may consider later down the line (especially if no Loki and Destroyer). I don't foresee Odin selling out quickly.

This looks spectacular. Wasn't on my wish list this year, so getting it really depends on how good the movie is.

Which I almost hope sucks because I'll need a Loki and Destroyer to go with it.

This looks spectacular. Wasn't on my wish list this year, so getting it really depends on how good the movie is.

Which I almost hope sucks because I'll need a Loki and Destroyer to go with it.
But deep down inside, you know you want this movie to rock.
I understand what you're saying. :)

who do you think did the sculpt? Think Kojun , I know GOX did Thor but this has a lot of little intricate details.

I just got the specs. He is indeed on a muscle body. I wonder if we'll get white chest hair this time :lol

I'll pass on this also, looks great but w/ so many upcoming figures to arrive..need to save some bullets for those plus I'm good w/ Thor already!

- Right eye with undetachable eye mask

Detachable eye patch..... for the flashback... 2 eye Odin with helmet, not possible with the announced spec...

Mono eye, Odin with the alternate helmet should not be that hard....

Detolf shelves are removable.

REALLY!!?? ......................I had no idea!?:duh
..but seriously i would rather not remove a whole detolf shelf that i have other figure sitting on so i can fit in a larger figure on the shelf below.

Last edited:
Back