Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm saying what many of you might not want to hear but you should really consider for your own sake and the longevity of your spider-man. Vanilla poses only. Is it really worth that risk?

To me? Yes.

My Batmen are in the vanilla pose because I think they look best that way.

I want my Spiderman looking dynamic.

Regarding the knees i hope that's true however my left one is already loose/wobbly. However i've noticed most advanced TTS are like this with at least one leg... I still have my doubts. As you said best not to have the webbing in contact with other materials. I believe that includes itself, so be careful how you bend the elbows or shoulders or other areas where the webbing rubs together.

Both of my Advanced TT's are nice and tight. Knees and all. :dunno

DOCOC.jpg

:goodpost:

Spiderman 2 was the best of the bunch.

This figure is so badass, I keep trying to upload pics but my computer has been away so I'll upload them when I get it back.

Just wondering, the ab crunch/joint is supposed to be a lot less tight than the other joints, right?

Apparently Spidey is in a big arsed box and weighs over 6lbs.

It's true. The box is slightly over 7 lbs. and is about four inches taller than Blade & IM boxes. The extra size and weight is due to the "stone" building base, which feels like it's lead-filled. Insanely heavy and a bit of a waste to me, since I eschew stands & bases for my figs.
Spidey's base could kill someone if launched at their head! :monkey2

Do you think if I leave Spidey in a Spidy-esque dynamic pose that his costume will stretch and ruin over time? I hate to pose him just standing there.

I do wonder how the webbing will hold up over time. I can easily see it becoming unglued from the fabric and deteriorating, but screw it! If you don't pose the hell out of these figs you're just missing the point and should stick to mama's boy polystone. :wink1:

As you said . . . it's Spidey! He demands dynamic poses. HT seems to have put a lot of thought into making this fig as posable as possible, and it is without a doubt the best Webhead figure to date. :yess:
Careful with little loose nylon threads on the spandex -- if you pull them, it can cause damage to the suit. Much like pulling on loose elastic from a gym sock . . . . :horror

It's true. The box is slightly over 7 lbs. and is about four inches taller than Blade & IM boxes. The extra size and weight is due to the "stone" building base, which feels like it's lead-filled. Insanely heavy and a bit of a waste to me, since I eschew stands & bases for my figs.

I can't see myself using it either. Bummer, 'cause a 'standard' 3.5lb figure costs around $40-45 to ship from the US. The base then bumps the shipping up another 20 bucks. Lame accessory IMO, compared with something like Sweeney Todd's chair or Jack Sparrow's rudder. So much weight, so little use... thanks heavens the figure is evidently so kickass I won't be thinking about the extra cost once I get the box open.

So much weight, so little use... thanks heavens the figure is evidently so kickass I won't be thinking about the extra cost once I get the box open.

I hear ya! I guess they made it so heavy so as to insure it wouldn't topple over. But that shipping cost you mentioned --- ouch!! :thud:

This badboy doesn't disappoint, though. The costuming and TT posability are truly . . . amazing.

______

Back