Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl
I don't think HT collectibles are of low value at all. You're the one stating that HT keeps releasing the same stuff over and over again which is hurting the profits of those who are looking to invest and resell.

In which case I will respond, i hope they keep re-releasing the same figures over and over again, that way all those resellers will no longer invest in anything Hot Toys makes which will allow collectors to acquire what they want at a more affordable price.. and i stress much more.

"Originally Posted by hehateme23
Perhaps it's time for you to find something else to invest in and let the real collectors enjoy their collectibles at lesser value"

lesser value=lower value. There is no difference! :slap Ht will never lower their prices, haven't you noticed they have been rising to almost double what they first starting selling their products at. It's because they know we know people are willing to pay a higher price after market. As you said, you hope they make the saem ones over and over, and then they will sell them for less-:rotfl This would mean the company is having financial problems. Be careful what you wish for.

- Desirable figures with a limited supply edition go up in value - Agreed
- People who miss out on a limited figure might pay more later to get it - Agreed
- Making more of the same "limited" figure later causes the original release to lose value - Pending
- Company will go bankrupt releasing a figure again - Disagreed

The company sells the figure, we pay retail prices, then we sell it later on above retail value. The toy company doesn't see any of the money we made from flipping/selling. I would think the company would make more money when releasing a popular figure again. People who really wanted it, but missed out, & still want it, would eat it up. Look at what's happening with the release of OC Bats :D

- Why not make add ons? - They have the gantry, tumbler ..... etc. So it's happening :D

Also, I think you missed the point I was trying to make with my original post. Basically I was saying, if you want a Spidey figure, this would be a good chance to get one, because we don't know when the next red/blue HT Spiderman figure will be (if ever) released :D

Battle damage Spidey FTW :hi5:

It was this post then. Either way-:cuckoo: or :dunno Yes, I understand what you meant by buying this Spider man.

the reason prices have "almost doubled" is because their original work looked like glorified ken dolls where as the new stuff looks like real people with amazing detail and quality...

It was this post then. Either way-:cuckoo: or :dunno Yes, I understand what you meant by buying this Spider man.
:gah: That was posted after you yourself brought up the topic of $ value, in which I repli..... ahhhh you know what? Nevermind :slap

At least you seem to understand the point of my original post about buying Spidey.

An example-Look how much the Pred Bio-Mask goes for by itself on Ebay-$200, which only came with the exclusive. They could have just mass produced that, and made the same amount of money.:exactly: Yet, they seem to want to do things the hard way. :cuckoo:

This is a scary-good point.

Back