Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i love the way people _____ about the price their figure will be...that's not the point of collecting. If the price of the figure is what matters to you then I hope they re-release every figure you own just so you can't sell it in the future for the scalper prices you hope for :D

The price matters to people because they are expensive and not like we all have the luxury of a limitless income. What a dumb thing to even say. Of course price will always be a concern.

The problem with your point, is my point. We do know they keep releasing the same figures over and over. This is a problem for collectors looking to gain value or make a profit when it's time to sell them. Many of these collectibles are bought for the sole purpose of re-selling. There are more re-sellers buying then there are serious collectors. Ebay is currently flooded with HT & Show products. If they keep making similar ones, then interest will be lost, and values will decrease. Did you ever notice they make exclusives with one stupid extra piece, and people go crazy for them. If they would just make similar accessories available to update these same figures, then there would be no need to re-produce more figures at all. I'm 100% sure that collectors would still pay big money for just one add-on at a time. An example-Look how much the Pred Bio-Mask goes for by itself on Ebay-$200, which only came with the exclusive. They could have just mass produced that, and made the same amount of money.:exactly: Yet, they seem to want to do things the hard way. :cuckoo:
:thud: .....

The point of my original post you replied to had nothing to do with the $ value :slap

i dont mean the initial price...follow the converstaion...we're talking about the price if one were to sell the item down the road.

If you're buying toys in order to sell for a profit you are a poor investor.

Buy toys and statues because you like them, not to become rich in a year selling them. Complaining because HT remade a figure you already own is stupid.

Oh haha sorry that was my misunderstanding then. Yes I do agree that would be a strange and hopeful way to make money.

Am I crazy for cancelling this order for thinking the new spider-man (if Hot toys makes) would be a very cool figure?

Complaining because HT remade a figure you already own is stupid.
:clap

If there was an official edition size, & the pieces were numbered individually, then I would understand people complaining about the figure being released again.

Oh haha sorry that was my misunderstanding then. Yes I do agree that would be a strange and hopeful way to make money.

Am I crazy for cancelling this order for thinking the new spider-man (if Hot toys makes) would be a very cool figure?

I don't think you're crazy, but I think this one is pretty awesome and will be keeping it. I'm sure the new one from Amazing Spider-Man will probably be pretty cool, but this looks more like the comic Spidey, so I really like it.

You think they wouldnt though? I know I'd hate to miss it but just dont have the money for it really.

This figure is awesome but I doubt Id do anything with the building piece.
I'm thinking that Spalding rubbery looking suit will be pretty cool, just not liking the boots.

1107220618a59de5bea13722ad.jpg

1107220618cdd84749dba4402c.jpg

110722061839ac91d0a611066f.jpg

1107220618b78eddd40a1031a3.jpg

11072206187ae250486e450680.jpg

54700073201107221019394341077526480_008.jpg

Last edited:
IMHO, collecting for the purpose of reselling and making a quick profit is a very 'icky' road to take.

remember IMAGE comics and the 90's speculator boom?

The problem with your point, is my point. We do know they keep releasing the same figures over and over. This is a problem for collectors looking to gain value or make a profit when it's time to sell them. Many of these collectibles are bought for the sole purpose of re-selling. There are more re-sellers buying then there are serious collectors. Ebay is currently flooded with HT & Show products. If they keep making similar ones, then interest will be lost, and values will decrease. Did you ever notice they make exclusives with one stupid extra piece, and people go crazy for them. If they would just make similar accessories available to update these same figures, then there would be no need to re-produce more figures at all. I'm 100% sure that collectors would still pay big money for just one add-on at a time. An example-Look how much the Pred Bio-Mask goes for by itself on Ebay-$200, which only came with the exclusive. They could have just mass produced that, and made the same amount of money.:exactly: Yet, they seem to want to do things the hard way. :cuckoo:

Perhaps it's time for you to find something else to invest in and let the real collectors enjoy their collectibles at lesser value

If your here to make the big $$$ and not to just enjoy the ride of buying and collecting you should GTFO now... Must people you say buy to resell witch is complete BULL____... I have had figures in the past that had gone way up in value in the after market... Didnt stop me for trading or selling them at a fair second hand price... Some people tend to be greedy little SOBS that wont take less then the going rate on EVILBAY witch is a DAMN shame it is tearing apart new collectors who try to get in late and cant get any of the figures they want because some _______ on EVILBAY wants 800 for one figure thats only a few years old... I dont see me buying a 175 figure then selling a few years later for 500 as exseptable I only see myself as a greedy _______ witch why I dont flip my ____ like that on EVILBAY... I would rather trade my old figures that I lost interest in for new ones regardless of ther price point witch I have done in the past on this very site and Ive had a plenty tell me I was NUTZ for letting figures go for the trade that I had done for them but I dont believe that for a minuet...

Back