Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

Even if you don't want the figures, being happy that they aren't being made for those who do is quite douchy.

It's not a good prescedence for HT to abandon a license without making one figure, throws all licenses into what ifs rather than certainty

Announcement doesn't mean figures anymore :lecture

Besides, I'm pretty sure Zach already got his grail of that Walking Dead guy:

review_walkdeadtv1_5.jpg

After that, everything else is just gravy.

:lol :lol :lol :yess:

Even if you don't want the figures, being happy that they aren't being made for those who do is quite douchy.

It's not a good prescedence for HT to abandon a license without making one figure, throws all licenses in what ifs.

Announcement doesn't mean figures anymore :lecture
I never said I was happy. :dunno I just said I lol'd. It's funny how they wait until some random day to let people know that they haven't been working on a license. If anybody is the "******" it's HT's and their overzealous fanboys.

When did expecting HT to make figures from a license they announced they were making figures from become overzealous?

I never said that's what makes them overzealous. It's the fact that whatever HT's throws up at them, like various Iron Mans, they continue to buy and then turn around and _____ and moan when they cancel or take to long on another license.

I wouldn't count on it, in interviews HT has said there are two figures, unless the two which are most likely (but not guaranteed with HT) Charles and Erik sell like blockbuster figures in the Predator, Terminator, Iron Man realm I would say that two is all we're getting and judging by licenses like GL, we're lucky to get those.

Yeah, I don't expect to get more than a couple here. If a third figure comes. . .chances are it is Logan from that cameo in the bar :lol

I am only expecting Magneto and Xavier. If we get anyone else I am hoping for Emma. If not, i'll gladly skip the line.

:lol :lol :lol :yess:

I never said I was happy. :dunno I just said I lol'd. It's funny how they wait until some random day to let people know that they haven't been working on a license. If anybody is the "******" it's HT's and their overzealous fanboys.

Looking at that terrible walking dead figure Ireally hope hot toys can get the walking dead license I would buy the whole cast and even the zombies.

Magneto and Sebastian.
Doubt that I'll buy Magneto w/o Shaw.

Def will buy Beast but again I doubt that such a figure gonna be made.

Wasn't there talk of Charles, Erik, Beast and Emma somewhere in the beginning of this thread? I doubt we'll get more than two THIS time around. But if XMFC sequel lives up to the expectations established by XMFC (and therefore has a much better box office turnout), then there's a good chance we'll see more figures/characters introduced on the coat tails the sequel (and since the cast is remaining primarily the same, Emma, Beast and Mystique might get made then).

In any case, this is very good news! Bring 'em out, HT.

Beast would be amazing, but probably too much effort for HT to bother with

Yep. Tho they can just go with fully sculpted parts instead of using real-like hair since most of his body is covered by the suit.

Speaking of X3 they never did say anything about the X men trilogy line, so whats the status I suppose they might not want to go that far back heck if they would have know a new spiderman was due out when the picked up the old spiderman license they may have not bothered.

I think their strategy going forward might be just to work on new and upcomming movies. Piggy back on the hype created buy the movie.

Wasn't there talk of Charles, Erik, Beast and Emma somewhere in the beginning of this thread? I doubt we'll get more than two THIS time around. But if XMFC sequel lives up to the expectations established by XMFC (and therefore has a much better box office turnout), then there's a good chance we'll see more figures/characters introduced on the coat tails the sequel (and since the cast is remaining primarily the same, Emma, Beast and Mystique might get made then).

It all depends on how well the figures sell. If they sell well then we'll get more figures, if not then they'll skip the license or announce it probably and nothing come of it. Erik and Charles is all I'm banking on, if they do Emma, I would imagine it'd be in her human form and Beast would probably like the POTA figures. Mystique would probably be molded plastic painted giving the option of displaying "naked" with the flight suit over it. These figures aren't that hard to do from an HT standpoint, even Beast or Mystique, it must just be the backlog that is delaying them.

I think their strategy going forward might be just to work on new and upcomming movies.
Pretty much yes.
There's a new WOLVERINE movie coming so doubt that we'll see anything based on the original X-men dilogy in a few years.

What most likely they'll do is backfill. They'll focus on Garfield's Spidey and then when they are waiting on a sequel they'll give more Tobey stuff. They'll do FC and The Wolverine and when they are in between new X stuff they'll mine the older trilogy I'm sure.

Back