Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say that's a fair assessment. X-Men is just so far from what it could be. We haven't seen anything even remotely interesting in regards to Juggernaut, the Brotherhood, Apocalypse, Sinister or Sentinels. Everything is so scaled down and half-assed.

I'd say that's a fair assessment. X-Men is just so far from what it could be. We haven't seen anything even remotely interesting in regards to Juggernaut, the Brotherhood, Apocalypse, Sinister or Sentinels. Everything is so scaled down and half-assed.

:exactly: :goodpost:

This a joke? X2 is far better than Cap, Thor, Iron Man 2 Iron Man 3, Incredible Hulk.

id1Bow.gif

X2 & First Class imo is better than anything MS has done.

MS doesn't enter my top ten until #4 with Iron Man

Yup, Iron Man 1 is the only great superhero movie they made everything else is in my opinion is made for 12 year old girls to enjoy.

X-Men could do with some LOTR style budgets and imagination. Without exception, they look like they're shot with a small budget. Can you even imagine them doing justice to a character like Apocolypse? Costume, make-up and CGI are all pretty much second rate. I'll probably never watch Avengers again (saw a total of two times) but it didn't look cheap. That's the point.

X-Men could do with some LOTR style budgets and imagination. Without exception, they look like they're shot with a small budget. Can you even imagine them doing justice to a character like Apocolypse? Costume, make-up and CGI are all pretty much second rate. I'll probably never watch Avengers again (saw a total of two times) but it didn't look cheap. That's the point.

With DOFP that should change, now that it's getting one of the biggest budgets ever.

I would like to know everyone's top 10 here.

Mine is

The dark knight
Batman begins
The dark knight rises
X2
XFC
Iron Man
Superman returns(Flame shield is up)
Spiderman 1
Spiderman2
Thor

I'm pretty sure there's a similar thread in the Movie section but eh, here goes:

1. Captain America: The First Avenger
2. The Avengers
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. X-Men: First Class
5. The Dark Knight
6. Thor
7. Iron Man
8. Batman Begins
9. Batman
10. ????

I would love to see this. I don't know why there has been an issue with "yellow spandex" since the first X-Men movie, given that The Avengers proved that superhero costumes can look fantastic if done right. People go to see a comic book movie to see comic book characters. Matching black combat uniforms was a cop out. I hope this is rectified in DoFP.

When it comes to costumes i find the purists continual swimming against the tide to be pointless. The movies have always been about theme not heroics.

Top 10:

#1 Spider-Man 2
#2 X2
#3 X-Men First Class
#4 Iron Man
#5 Watchmen
#6 Thor
#7 Superman the Movie
#8 The Incredibles
#9 Batman Begins
#10 The Amazing Spider-Man

When it comes to costumes i find the purists continual swimming against the tide to be pointless. The movies have always been about theme not heroics.

Top 10:

#1 Spider-Man 2
#2 X2
#3 X-Men First Class
#4 Iron Man
#5 Watchmen
#6 Thor
#7 Superman the Movie
#8 The Incredibles
#9 Batman Begins
#10 The Amazing Spider-Man

Totally agree with your statement, and you have some cool choices in there. Love Watchmen, everyone I know hates it. :lol

In regards to people saying the older X-men is crap, I think that has a lot to do with time passing. With Avengers bundling them up and Marvel dishing out movies at record pace the licenses remain fresh, so it is a lot cooler to like those (= mainstream, don't try to deny it).
Same with Spiderman, after Amazing the previous trilogy is supposed to be crap? Did you think it was crap when they released?

After Dark Knight premiered Nolan Bats was considered #1, after that IM, then Avengers. And nowadays a superhero flick needs borderline ridiculous action to be classified as one. When those effects are surpassed in the future, the movie has to have something else to remain enjoyable.

Totally agree with your statement, and you have some cool choices in there. Love Watchmen, everyone I know hates it. :lol

In regards to people saying the older X-men is crap, I think that has a lot to do with time passing. With Avengers bundling them up and Marvel dishing out movies at record pace the licenses remain fresh, so it is a lot cooler to like those (= mainstream, don't try to deny it).
Same with Spiderman, after Amazing the previous trilogy is supposed to be crap? Did you think it was crap when they released?

After Dark Knight premiered Nolan Bats was considered #1, after that IM, then Avengers. And nowadays a superhero flick needs borderline ridiculous action to be classified as one. When those effects are surpassed in the future, the movie has to have something else to remain enjoyable.

Which is why I have the Nolan trilogy in my top 3, the performances in those movies are great and are the core of what makes those movies great.

1. The Dark Knight
2. Watchmen
3. Iron Man
4. X-Men: First Class
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. Spiderman 2
7. Man of Steel
8. Captain America: The First Avenger
9. The Incredible Hulk
10. V For Vendetta

Last edited:
Back