Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

Avengers isn't exactly crap. Its certainly very very toy-worthy. Its just the fact that if HT are going to keep pushing X-men back for every other sci-fi/fantasy blockbuster license - these things will never get made.

This is what happens when you put out too many duds and need a monster string of hits to keep it up. I guess I'm glad they didn't jump on John Carter lol.

I'd rather wait for the X-stuff to come out during the next Wolverine or First Class sequels. At least they could ride the marketing blitz.

I hope they at least show us something this year all though i doubt they can have it out for production given they have yet to really present anything for TDKR only the teaser for Bane.

Well at least this explain what they were doing all this time making Avengers figures and pushing back the rest

All I want is just one figure to hold us over is that to much to ask, Hell the X men uniforms are very similar it would be easier to make at least three figures. Charles, Erick and for Alex you would need to get maybe a light up chest or something. Mystic tailor it the same uniform to fit her and beast will be require some skill.

But you can give us at least Erick and charles even DiD has a Fassbender scuplt for this world war 1 figure

:exactly:

Putting out one or two X-Men between their rehashes of Terminator or Predator or their constant slew of Avengers isn't exactly hard, what pisses me off is that Avengers fans really don't understand how fricken lucky they are to be getting near enough every figure revealed and up for order before the films release one after the other, when tons of fans are still waiting over a year since the films release (X-Men, Green Lantern) without even one figure. Not to mention the year and a half since MGS was announced with even one figure yet :gah: Then they have the pathetic attitude to say that we'd be lucky to get even one at all, inconsiderate basterds.

With the speed the are going through the Avenger reveals, it's obvious they have the protos ready to go, it's probably the same with X-Men, they are just too ____ing predictible with the same franchises to move on and deliver something new :mad:

Last edited:

Why'd you have to mention Green Lantern????!!!

Must...not....give into....fear!

I will if it gets me Sinestro specs...:thud:

Wait who said this Hot Toys?

No, when people talk about the incredibly long and fruitless wait for the backlog of figures to be made, some ironman/avenger/batfans say we'd be lucky to get one figure at all, while they with plenty of figure already demand more and more and more. Batfans in particular, while we just want the bare minimum of figures, they ask for a 5th remake or giant vehicle without consideration for other collectors, and feel they deserve it more.

No, when people talk about the incredibly long and fruitless wait for the backlog of figures to be made, some ironman/avenger/batfans say we'd be lucky to get one figure at all, while they with plenty of figure already demand more and more and more. Batfans in particular, while we just want the bare minimum of figures, they ask for a 5th remake or giant vehicle without consideration for other collectors, and feel they deserve it more.

I understand the business point of it but it would bring comfort to us if they would provide us with an update is this project going forward or not. Wheather it was MGS or Xmen First Class , X men trilogy any of the previous liceanses they already announced in stead we get a one line answer in milk magzine interview a preview pic would be nice.

its a shame that a bootleg of MSG comes out before the actual offical product come on Hot Toys

This is a case of HT missing the boat and making a stupid business decision.

You always want to strike while the iron is hot when you can - if they had this license when the movie was released (and they did), then one figure at least should have been shown and up for order. During the movie's theater run, the dvd release.....that's striking while the iron is hot.

Why do you strike when the iron is hot? Because you not only attract die hard fans of the character or franchise, but also the "fad" collectors, who will buy it because it's "in" and because it looks cool, who might otherwise lose interest in the future as more product from other franchises is released. You'll always have fans who will buy it whenever it comes out, but by waiting, you risk losing the fickle collectors who turn to something else when they get bored, or those collectors that want it but the company or another company makes something they'd been wanting even more and they have to choose.

They also made this same stupid business decision with Watchmen - while also making the even MORE stupid decision of not making the key character - a.k.a the MONEY character (Rorschach) right away.

Certain movies/franchises that have been out for years are cult favorites or are such major hits, that they can be revisited now and enough people will still bite on the figure - but it's difficult to say when it comes to current releases whether or not they're going to gain that kind of status. For longeivity to be proven enough time has to pass.

XFC is getting a sequel, so the iron will heat up again and the window of opportunity will open again. Let's hope HT is smarter by then. They're having no trouble with Avengers or Batman.

What people forget is that Fox didn't even really think this film would do well, none of the licensees did. There was practically no support, no action figures even the loose attempt at starting an X-Men line and throwing comic figures in there, no Happy Meal toys, no collector cups or a fluid of t-shirts or accessories, video games, statues or anything. Even Watchmen which was fully well knowing it was going into the adult market had a lot of support with statues, shirts, keychains, etc.

People left the theaters freaking out, they went in expecting X3 all over again. I'm sure HT would have wanted to get on this license as fast as the others but they bit off more than they could chew and pushed this aside most likely due to the lack of excitement really for it from the other licensees.

In reality the big thing was SSC getting an X-Men master that included X-3 and was rumored to option all the films and so FC was optioned and protos I'm sure begun.

We don't know the hold up, McAvoy, Fassbender either one or both could be holding up likenesses issues, we know there are two from articles and quotes and who knows where they are in the plan but I'm sure they are coming.

I am... strangely serene in my waiting for this line. Now that it's pretty much been confirmed that something's in the works (I doubt they'd hint at making something in an interview if they didn't even have a clue as to when they'd start), I'm just patiently waiting to see if I like the result.

And if I don't? Well, that's an extra $200 I can spend on my own character, who is admittedly a top priority for me anyways. Either way, I win.

-The X-Men First Class range is almost complete, it will be announced soon.

ABOUT FREAKING TIME :impatient:

Though i don't like this "range is almost complete", unless that means at least 5-6 characters complete and ready to start moving

Besides, I'm pretty sure Zach already got his grail of that Walking Dead guy:

review_walkdeadtv1_5.jpg

After that, everything else is just gravy.

Back