Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

At this point i'd be satisfied with just Magneto and Beast. I'd buy a ton more but it's pointless to expect much from a franchise they haven't already done to death :huh

Wow man you're really bitter about GL. Was that your most anticipated figure? I'm bummed too but there's still Jake, Star Wars, and a ton of other dream figures that actually did get the green light.

I'm looking forward to see Magneto in flight suit as well as Xavier, but a part of me is wishing HT would skip Magneto and do Beast instead. Then release a Magneto from the upcoming sequel. Hopefully his outfit will be better looking than what it looked like at the end of First Class. I say this only because it's be classic red and purple Magneto. Whatever HT has decided to do, I'm sure it will look awesome.

Wow man you're really bitter about GL. Was that your most anticipated figure? I'm bummed too but there's still Jake, Star Wars, and a ton of other dream figures that actually did get the green light.

Was very much looking forward to it. The ones i really want seem to be the ones HT have but do the littlest with :dunno

People would be pissed if they made Nick Fury and Cap from Avengers and stopped there, so i get pissed as thats thats what it's like with most of the lines i'm interested in.

It's not as if my interested are bottlenecked, they're pretty wide reaching, SP, Avatar, Spider-Man, Tron Legacy, X-Men, MGS, Green Lantern, Expendables all destined to be under-developed. Get maybe two figures max, most important or best looking characters not made and then canceled.

I get it, i know i shouldn't get hyped for these figures but i love HT's quality in their figures, so i get excited for having these characters in 1/6 HT on my shelf, and then most of the characters don't get even one figure, so it's disapponting.

Last edited:

Was very much looking forward to it. The ones i really want seem to be the ones HT have but do the littlest with :dunno

People would be pissed if they made Nick Fury and Cap from Avengers and stopped there, so i get pissed as thats thats what it's like with most of the lines i'm interested in.

It's not as if my interested are bottlenecked, they're pretty wide reaching, SP, Avatar, Spider-Man, Tron Legacy, X-Men, MGS, Green Lantern, Expendables all destined to be under-developed. Get maybe two figures max, most important or best looking characters not made and then canceled.

The most we can realistically hope for is one favorite character to represent a franchise, which is obviously easier to see when a franchise is pretty much defined by one character like Superman or Rocky. You'd think at least GL could have been squeezed in, but oh well.

The most we can realistically hope for is one favorite character to represent a franchise.

It sucks that most of their license catalog won't get the barebones characters but a select few get overproduced with multiple versions and variants of the same ones

Nothing can be done, but it's still a sucky situation and a waste of potential.

______

My favourites from this particular line are Magneto, Beast and Azazel.

Beast and Azazel both look like such unique characters for figures they'd have real shelf presence, and Magneto oozes cool :rock

Speaking of Magneto technically he's a very simple figure they could release just him, some hands and his helmet for $149.99

But they won't they'll throw in some additional stuff to bump up the price, question is what should they include with him?

• Casual outfit?
  • Two heads?
  • Missiles / artillery shells?
  • Red suit?

Last edited:

Its hard to picture myself dropping $1000+ on X:FC figures but I *really* like the look of them all in their flight suits. It just screamed classic X-Men to me.

xmenfirstclass-suits.gif

Classic is the best I think the trilogy suits are fine but this is a nice take on the orginal suit. I think we are looking at our Hot Toys line up 1 basic suit flexed to fit 5 characters

If they went with just him, his helmet and some hands there is no way they could justify that at even Hawkeye pricing.

Hot Toys new buisness strategy. Why bother including extra accessories when you can just charge $200 and people will still buy it?

Classic is the best I think the trilogy suits are fine but this is a nice take on the orginal suit. I think we are looking at our Hot Toys line up 1 basic suit flexed to fit 5 characters

If HT only do two figures, i bet we'll be seeing a bunch of customs with the official outfit being bought up From those parting out :lol.

Last edited:

If they went with just him, his helmet and some hands there is no way they could justify that at even Hawkeye pricing.

Thats just it. They don't have to justify anything. They present you with figure X at price Y and say take it or leave it. Until they price themselves too high, HT will just keep raising their prices because they know its pay it or not have the figure. :dunno

Thats just it. They don't have to justify anything. They present you with figure X at price Y and say take it or leave it. Until they price themselves too high, HT will just keep raising their prices because they know its pay it or not have the figure. :dunno

I guess i mean if they want to maximise sales it's best not to price an item too high when customers will inevitably compare it to another figure that includes less in the box.

Afterall they want to get the best they can from it, so competetive (amongst their own figures) pricing has to be a consideration for them

From OMG's clarifications it seems that he is hinting heavily that Charles is one and that his wheelchair was at least planned to be included. If that's the case I would imagine that Charles probably had flight suit and the final blue suit and chair with Erik in flight suit and probably the Magneto red suit. At least that's the logical guess. Not to mention 1:6 wheelchair, multiple suits easily the prices of Hawkeye if not more.

The most we can realistically hope for is one favorite character to represent a franchise, which is obviously easier to see when a franchise is pretty much defined by one character like Superman or Rocky. You'd think at least GL could have been squeezed in, but oh well.

Sorry, I've been absent lately on the DC boards, was the GL line officially cancelled by HT?

Anyways, if I can only get one figure from this line it be a flight suit Magneto with Helmet.

if they make more figures I'd like these in priority order :
Mystique with removable flight suit
Azazel
Magneto in Red suit
Beast
Professor X in flight suit.

I'm rather have X2 and X3. Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Nightcrawler, Mystique, Rogue, Iceman, Beast, Magneto, Deathstryke and Xavier in chair.
The only characters from XFC I'd be interested in would be Azezal and Magneto.

Back