Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri Footsoldier

O
M
G

A VILLAIN

Oh happy day we actually see a general footsoldier villain. This is a huge advancement in the world of figures as a whole. It's rare enough to even get villains, but non main villains!? Do my eyes deceive me!?

james-van-der-beek-crying.gif

Nice you got me.
tumblr_lgbilzDkVB1qf8yek.gif

UHH, UHH, Haachho-F-U-hoooo... <wipes nose> Excuse me, must be allergies.
tumblr_lgbj5cTrV61qf8yek.gif

Last edited:

Toss in Hill, Selvig, and the guy playing Galaga and we can wrap this one up!

We'll have to wait and see how this turns out, but its a definite maybe purchase for me.

C'mon HT, 1/6 Hellicarrier!

The point isn't that the avengers is getting more love, it's that HT doesn't spread the wealth anywhere else.

:goodpost:

This and coldson are basically taking away from other lines, no matter how much people like these, they in no way should take the place of a main character of another license, and that is whats happening since those main characters haven't been shown made but these have.

Think of a scale, Avengers have all the figures and others have none, that's not a good balance. I'm not saying it should be the other way with Avengers getting none, but these are two to far when others haven't got more than two figures in total, and not even the main characters at that.

easy pass on this figure. cool that they're making it though for you guys with loads of doe/ fans :lol

Think of a scale, Avengers have all the figures and others have none, that's not a good balance. I'm not saying it should be the other way with Avengers getting none, but these are two to far when others haven't got more than two figures in total, and not even the main characters.

The Avengers buzz is still hot at the moment and this might be Hot Toys only opportunity to sell these particular characters.

I understand your pain though.

Looks really cool but I'm gonna pass.

The point isn't that the avengers is getting more love, it's that HT doesn't spread the wealth anywhere else.

MY POINT is whats the purpose in crying about NOT getting any figure you not getting, IN ANOTHER FIGURES THREAD!

Go to the thread of the license your hoping for and post. This is the Chitauri Footsoldier thread. Not the WHY CAN'T I GET A MAGNETO OR A DR OCTOPUS thread.

I want all the others too. But I don't have control over whats being made. So I am THRILLED with all the cool stuff being produced/announced this year.

MY POINT is whats the purpose in crying about NOT getting any figure you not getting, IN ANOTHER FIGURES THREAD!

Go to the thread of the license your hoping for and post. This is the Chitauri Footsoldier thread. Not the WHY CAN'T I GET A MAGNETO OR A DR OCTOPUS thread.

I want all the others too. But I don't have control over whats being made. So I am THRILLED with all the cool stuff being produced/announced this year.

I was going to post this same thing. I find it pretty annoying when people go to the thread of the figure to complain about it coming out. Hot Toys honestly needs to cancel the First Class license it's a waste of their time and money anyway.

I think the bigger point is that HT is getting in the practice of announcing 100 figures throughout the year and then releasing 5 at the end of the year in December... 3 of which were announced the year before.

Until I get the figures I want I'm going to find every OTHER figure thread and complain that THAT figure thread isn't MY figure thread. :panic:

:lecture

They seem to have missed the boat on X-Men: First Class. They'd be easy passes for me, character design not interesting or iconic enough and the continuity between it and the other movies hurts my head.
As far as the Chitauri goes, I'm shocked and pleasantly surprised. I thought we'd get Hammer Drones for certain and when they didn't materialize I figured they wouldn't go for cannon fodder figures. I do wonder if a 1:6 Chitauri chariot is in the works.

Honestly the Chitauri and Coulson announcements are some of the most exciting HT announcements EVER, not because those two random figures are particularly awesome but rather the new precedent that HT is setting for line depth and figure obscurity that may well carry over into any other given line.

People should be happy that they are moving past "one and done" or "two and done" per license regardless of whether or not Avengers is your specific cup of tea.

I think the bigger point is that HT is getting in the practice of announcing 100 figures throughout the year and then releasing 5 at the end of the year in December... 3 of which were announced the year before.

This makes no sense. Here are all the figures released this year ( in hand )

Avengers Mark VI
Nick Fury
Red Skull
Rescue Cap
Noland

Here are the figures that will most likely be in hand before the years end.

Avengers Captain America
Avengers Thor
Avengers Black Widow
Hawkeye
Iron Monger
Loki
Swat Lt Gordon
Amazing Spiderman

Thats a total of 13 and I know I am missing a few!

This makes no sense. Here are all the figures released this year ( in hand )

Avengers Mark VI
Nick Fury
Red Skull
Rescue Cap
Noland

Here are the figures that will most likely be in hand before the years end.

Avengers Captain America
Avengers Thor
Avengers Black Widow
Hawkeye
Iron Monger
Loki
Swat Lt Gordon
Amazing Spiderman

Thats a total of 13 and I know I am missing a few!

Sorry I used exaggeration to make my point... I won't make that mistake again(yes I will). But of all the figures you said were released and will be(let me correct that)... we THINK will be released by year's end - how many announcements were made last year? How many of the figures in your "to be released by year's end" list will really be released by then? If you think all, then

ymbnh1.jpg

You know what, I don't really mind that they're releasing this figure and other ancillary characters from Avengers. I loved the movie. It's really cool that they're investing so much in the line. But, if you guys are happy with announcement after announcement, teaser after teaser, reveal after reveal and still not having anything in your hands until a year or more later, then more power to you. I don't agree with anyone putting their favorite licenses over anyone else's, but I also don't agree with HT overpromising and all of us getting stuck with coming here and overanalyzing the teaser and reveal pics to death.

And please don't beat me over the head with the fact that you've got over a thousand more posts than me and I JOKINGLY accused you of being new here... the point is it's naive to think HT will release everything they said they would by the end of the year. They certainly don't have the track record to back up a claim like that.

Last edited:

If you think about what HT has done this year, especially over the last few weeks, they've really thrown us some curve balls surprised a bunch of fans manny times. I for one wasn't expecting Gordon, Coulson, Chitauri, AT ALL. And I wasn't sure about Rescue Cap and USO Cap. And Know what else they'll throw at us. I love it all. I'd love to see some X-Men, Ras, Arkham BM too. MAKE THEM ALL!!!

If you think about what HT has done this year, especially over the last few weeks, they've really thrown us some curve balls surprised a bunch of fans manny times. I for one wasn't expecting Gordon, Coulson, Chitauri, AT ALL. And I wasn't sure about Rescue Cap and USO Cap. And Know what else they'll throw at us. I love it all. I'd love to see some X-Men, Ras, Arkham BM too. MAKE THEM ALL!!!

Those figures you mentioned are all from the same two franchises, if they do something other than those two then that'd be a geniune surprise but more from the same ones isn't a surprise in my book. These weren't predictable but it was predictable there'd be more from Avengers and Batman, i just thought they'd finally show some others first.

Back