Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri Footsoldier

Honestly the Chitauri and Coulson announcements are some of the most exciting HT announcements EVER, not because those two random figures are particularly awesome but rather the new precedent that HT is setting for line depth and figure obscurity that may well carry over into any other given line.

People should be happy that they are moving past "one and done" or "two and done" per license regardless of whether or not Avengers is your specific cup of tea.

Yeah but I don't think HT will treat any other license quite like this. Batman yeah, Iron Man yeah, but anything outside of Marvel and DC? Main characters only.

Yeah but I don't think HT will treat any other license quite like this. Batman yeah, Iron Man yeah, but anything outside of Marvel and DC? Main characters only.

Agreed. This doesn't translate to what they'll do with other licenses imo. This only happens with Avengers and Batman.

Agreed. This doesn't translate to what they'll do with other licenses imo. This only happens with Avengers and Batman.

:exactly:

All it shows is that they'd make some minor side character from these over a main character from another. And there is no way these'll sell better than main characters from another.

Agreed. This doesn't translate to what they'll do with other licenses imo.

A precedent is just that, a precedent. Not a guarantee that EVERY license will be treated like Avengers.

A HT license announcement used to mean one or two main characters and that's it. Then Iron Man changed it to one to ten of the same main character. Now Avengers is one to ten DIFFERENT main characters PLUS a couple fringe/troop building characters.

The point is while it still may be a rare occurence there is now the established possibility that HT can treat any such line this way in the future if they so choose.

Star Wars anyone?

Sorry I used exaggeration to make my point... I won't make that mistake again(yes I will). But of all the figures you said were released and will be(let me correct that)... we THINK will be released by year's end - how many announcements were made last year? How many of the figures in your "to be released by year's end" list will really be released by then? If you think all, then

ymbnh1.jpg

You know what, I don't really mind that they're releasing this figure and other ancillary characters from Avengers. I loved the movie. It's really cool that they're investing so much in the line. But, if you guys are happy with announcement after announcement, teaser after teaser, reveal after reveal and still not having anything in your hands until a year or more later, then more power to you. I don't agree with anyone putting their favorite licenses over anyone else's, but I also don't agree with HT overpromising and all of us getting stuck with coming here and overanalyzing the teaser and reveal pics to death.

And please don't beat me over the head with the fact that you've got over a thousand more posts than me and I JOKINGLY accused you of being new here... the point is it's naive to think HT will release everything they said they would by the end of the year. They certainly don't have the track record to back up a claim like that.

You think the way you want to, and I will do the same. But you are also being presumptuous in thinking they will NOT come out. So we are both potentially right or wrong. And being accused of being new here is meaningless. These are toys. Its suppose to be fun.

All I know is that they are releasing/announcing/making a record number of figure of characters I want to own. I am for one am stoked.

Those figures you mentioned are all from the same two franchises, if they do something other than those two then that'd be a geniune surprise but more from the same ones isn't a surprise in my book. These weren't predictable but it was predictable there'd be more from Avengers and Batman, i just thought they'd finally show some others first.

I totally agree. And I also want the figures you want that we are not getting or continue to get delay. But thats not going to stop me from loving all that is coming out. I guess this board just can't handle someone thats happy about COLLECTING TOYS!!!!:wave ( waiting for the completely unoriginal and boring FANBOY comments )

OK, sorry about the rants. But when I saw this announcement I did this:

tumblr_lgbj6dMOzl1qf8yek.gif

Then this:

tumblr_lefsw3JOBX1qf8yek.gif

I totally agree. And I also want the figures you want that we are not getting or continue to get delay. But thats not going to stop me from loving all that is coming out. I guess this board just can't handle someone thats happy about COLLECTING TOYS!!!!:wave ( waiting for the completely unoriginal and boring FANBOY comments )

I'm happy for ya, i just see these as getting in the way of the ones i want. I figured once Hulk and Iron Man were out of the way i'd finally be getting ones i've been waiting since before they even announced Avengers, and then these come along and scupper that little sliver of hope we have left.

These figures are great for Avengers fans, but a slap in the face for fans of other licenses who haven't even got three figures or any figures yet.

OK, sorry about the rants. But when I saw this announcement I did this:

tumblr_lgbj6dMOzl1qf8yek.gif

I know! What the heck? Enemy foot soldiers to display with heroes that go to war against them? Who would want that? Next thing you know Sideshow will start making Stormtroopers or something. ;)

I know! What the heck? Enemy foot soldiers to display with heroes that go to war against them? Who would want that? Next thing you know Sideshow will start making Stormtroopers or something. ;)

LOL, are you saying

Chitauri = Stormtroopers

tumblr_lefsxcQzPx1qf8yek.gif

Yes! I was hoping they'd make the Chitauri! I'm in for three of them which of course means I need Loki whom I was merely tempted by but not committed to buying. Oh well. It'll make the display all the more impressive.

:lol

So is the assumption that these guys will actually be fully revealed at the Anime Con on Friday?

LOL! Those gifs are GREAT! :rotfl

As for the figure, I'm sooooo buying one! I need one for the Hulk to SMASH!!!! :yess:

Back