Hot Toys - MMS - Deadpool 2 - Deadpool

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this side by side comparison on Facebook:

HT Deadpool 2 and 1.jpg

I doubt it’s a likeness issue. The way the film is set up RR would almost certainly need to sign off on any licensing (meaning hot toys getting the license) and he has in the past with other products related to both DP1 and DP2 allowed likeness usage. Seems more a cost/logistical issue to me.
Thanks for the info Motuxmen. Was actually thinking of asking for your insight when I typed that haha. Was hoping it was a license issue then a cutting cost one. That sucks. I would not display the head unless I could afford 2 deadpools or a custom but would have been nice to have the option to.

Suit looks to be fabric too which is nice though the pleather will peel in hotter countries like Asia.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I also have the first one . I won’t bother buying this one, however I will get the suit from a third party seller when it becomes available .
33e8b7236556a825e1c53d7785238555.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will undoubtedly be more, the question is by how much.

It’s more or less the same price at Secret base as the last one. Just about 200usd. So given how the prices have been the last few years I’d say 250ish is a good guess.

I’m happy with my original figure and don’t see a reason to upgrade. If there had been a Reynolds sculpt maybe but just a couple extra accessories..meh. I feel like you could maybe get the X-Force shirt, unicorn, and shock collar parted out eventually.

Definitely new material on the suit

Deadpool 2 - 1/6th scale Deadpool Collectible FigureAlbumsDeadpool 2 - 1/6th scale Deadpool Collectible Figure
35 Photos · Updated 5 hours ago
♪ I can see a new horizon underneath the blazin’ sky ♪ ♪ I’ll be where the eagle’s flying higher and higher ♪ Everyone's favorite foul-mouthed Merc is back! Fans are extremely eager to see the highly-anticipated Deadpool sequel since the exciting trailers released worldwide! The red-suited mercenary otherwise known as Wade Wilson is battling time traveler Cable, to protect a fire-wielding mutant youth, while assembling some fellow mutants he calls X-Force, an offshoot of the X-Men. To celebrate upcoming film Deadpool 2, Hot Toys is very thrilled to bring to you today the new 1/6th scale Deadpool collectible figure based on the forthcoming movie! The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of Deadpool from the film. It features a masked head sculpt with 5 pairs of interchangeable eye pieces to create numerous combinations of Deadpool’s expressions, an iconic red and black Deadpool suit made with new materials and excellent tailoring, Deadpool’s signature weapons including a pair of metal swords, a dagger, and pistols, DP’s favorite mystical animal toy unicorn, a pair of interchangeable high heels, an X-Men Trainee jersey, a wearable neck device, variety of interchangeable hands available for different gestures, and a specially designed Deadpool 2 themed dynamic figure stand perfect for aerial poses! The latest Deadpool collectible figure will definitely be an incredibly fun addition to your Marvel’s unconventional superhero collection! #HotToys #Collectibles #SixScale #Marvel #20thCenturyFox #Deadpool2 #Deadpool

Almost looks like the same material as the Civil War Ant Man suit. I’ll probably throw down a preorder at BBTS and then wait to see how the suit actually turns out. My original Deadpool is already starting to deteriorate so I wouldn’t mind upgrading if the new version actually seems like it will last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I doubt it’s a likeness issue. The way the film is set up RR would almost certainly need to sign off on any licensing (meaning hot toys getting the license) and he has in the past with other products related to both DP1 and DP2 allowed likeness usage. Seems more a cost/logistical issue to me.

That's what I'm thinking, HT may not want to spend the extra time/production with the unmasked sculpt with the Marvel stuff they are trying to keep up with.
Heck they haven't even released the PO for some of the GOT2 and IW just hit! Before they are able to get all the PO's up for IW the IW2 will be out!!!

This is awesome. Classic Deadpool plus extras like the unicorn and high heels. Very cool.

Was thinking they'd go for the unmasked headsculpt, but thinking about it would I really display him that much without the mask ? Probably not.

Better to have a hopefully reasonably priced figure with some cool accessories.

Now bring on Cable with teddy bear and I'm in for both !

Disappointed in no RR headsculpt, but I'm happy to get another chance at him after missing out on the first one. :yess:

th

Back