Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

The Sosa sculpt looks like 'Harsh Times' Bale where he's already had a few and he just woke up:lol

HT sculpt looks like John Connor ready kick some ass :gun

I'm gonna cancel my pre-order. The proto looked great, but this doesn't look right at all.

The Sosa sculpt looks like 'Harsh Times' Bale where he's already had a few and he just woke up:lol

HT sculpt looks like John Connor ready kick some ass :gun

Look at screen caps and compare the HT's head to them. You'd be hard pressed to find one that even remotely resembles the head.

thank god i have a sosa painted by les coming! :) not that the HT is terrible. but the likeness is just a tad off

The Sosa head is a great representation of Bale's Connor, but in my opinion the face is too gaunt and narrow in the lower half. I also dislike the expression. It looks like John just smelled something offensive. And it only looks great at certain angles.

This was painted by the talented Rismo:
_MG_3332.jpg

The straight on shot of the sculpt shows how odd the facial structure is.

I think that somewhere in the middle of the HT head and the Sosa head would be the perfect size:

TerminatorSalvation_Bale-thumb-550x350-11708.jpg

arts_terminator-top_584.jpg

TS-VFX-00335_01.jpg

terminator_salvation_john_connor_wallpaper.jpg

The top half and the bottom half of the Sosa head seem like they belong to 2 different sized heads, they don't mesh together. It has the right sort of thin look to the cheeks and all, but the overall head is poorly shaped to me.

HT's, if not perfect for Connor's physique, is better proportioned and certainly looks like Bale at least. I'm ok with it if he looks like he's got a couple extra pounds.

yeah in pics sosa head seems squished and off as well. but in hand it looked better before i shipped him off to les. i guess i will find out which one i like best soon! lol

It's amazing to me that anyone can look at those screen grabs above and look at the HT sculpt and see anything that resembles Bale. They didn't even attempt to get his nose right, which is arguably the most defining characteristic on his face. I'm not saying Sosa's is anywhere near perfect, but this is a hell of a lot closer to Bale's look in the film than the HT head.
4vo5g7.jpg

sosa head i great but something about the expression scares me.

The way I see it, neither head is anywhere close to perfect. At this point it's eye of the beholder as to which one is preferable.

Anyway, HT should be commended for their efforts on this figure. It's the best Bale portrait they've produced and arguably the best factory produced Bale portrait you can get on the market.

I just hope there aren't any more factory snafus in the future. These delays are killing me.

sosa head i great but something about the expression scares me.

me too, it's so alien like intense. And the facial hair looks like it's penned on with ballpoint, otherwise its a great piece

Last edited:

Yeah the Sosa sculpt just looks like he's high like completely baked :monkey5

and the shape of the sosa sculpt just looks weird.

must say that head looks good, but id be happy with HT head

No disrespect to the Sosa sculpt, the artist has a talent I do not. However, I prefer the HT sculpt the other looks off.

You all hate it....you want to cancel.....

,,,,so I can get one! :lol

Seriously thugh...I think the redux looks really good. Add that to the detailed outift and the well-executed packaging...and I think we've got a winner here,

Can't wait to see some of the "in-hand" shots of this one...and fingeres crossed, my WL converts to an order...

I have a feeling your WL will convert once any sort of notice from Sideshow comes in, but for now, that threat of actually having to pay up hasn't hit folks yet so most aren't thinking cancel right now.

You all hate it....you want to cancel.....

,,,,so I can get one! :lol

Seriously thugh...I think the redux looks really good. Add that to the detailed outift and the well-executed packaging...and I think we've got a winner here,

Can't wait to see some of the "in-hand" shots of this one...and fingeres crossed, my WL converts to an order...

Why not order from a different website?

Sosa's mouth is dead on. I think that's what really makes the sculpt. Its the dip in the bottom lip. The top lip sticks out a bit on the corners and that is dead on also. Bale has those weird fang top teeth. But in the end its just not "clean" looking. Still looks sculpted. The HT has that finished look.

Back