Hot Toys - MMS 95 - Terminator Salvation - John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Terminator: Salvation-John Connor- spec + hi-res pics

5400_115972272343_58690437343_2723305_1858299_n.jpg

Well I think that pic speaks truths! Just look at how bad the 1st one is! :lol

absolutely, im 100 percent pleased. looks great, can't wait to pick this guy up...any idea on when he might be shipping?

Ok, now you can see they really stepped it up, awesome, now just ship the damn thing :lol.

I think I'm giving this one the axe. Not enough love for the movie and the sculpt still doesn't look like Bale.

that's cool but it's the best bale sculpt that exists at the moment. I don't see how you could argue with that. The proto beats it obviously but other than that this is at the top.

that's cool but it's the best bale sculpt that exists at the moment. I don't see how you could argue with that. The proto beats it obviously but other than that this is at the top.

I'll argue it because I think Andy B's sculpt while off in some spots is still better overall. I'd even go so far as to say that although a bit skinny Erick Sosa's Connor sculpt is better than this one as well.

Andy's is definitely a better likeness.

I will say, as far as mass produced heads, this is the best Bale likeness I've ever seen, and I easily see Bale in it without over forcing my brain like the two Wayne heads that came with the TDK figures.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

I think that how the first batch turned out is more apparent. I'm guessing this new production material may not have taken the paint the same as past figures and it wasn't spotted until the production run was shipping to customers.

I think that how the first batch turned out is more apparent. I'm guessing this new production material may not have taken the paint the same as past figures and it wasn't spotted until the production run was shipping to customers.

Exactly...I'm really happy with the new material they are using. The old material was really "soft" a lot of the detail was lost from proto to production. The Tony Stark heads, The Spirit, and Harvey Dent had this problem. Glad to see the improvement!

Well, I believe Harvey Dent was another attempt at a different material, of all the Hot Toys heads I've ever gotten in the past 2 years or so, he was the only one that seemed completely different from all the others as far as the quality of his skin. For some photos, it was amazing, but overall, I wasn't a fan and I'm glad whatever they did for him they started and stopped with him.

4l.jpg

Their prototype is flawless:

con.jpg

It's so odd, the proto in my opinion looks 100% like Bale, but the production heads (even the fixed ones) aren't exactly there in the likeness.

However, it does seem that HT is putting that little extra in their painting efforts for John. The head has better shading and flesh tone detailing than say, Tony Stark (MK1).

A pipe dream:
What an awesome figure.

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

Last edited:

Hmm turned off after seeing those pics. Why does it look so different from their proto? I mean c'mon, that thing is perfect! The redone heads, while awesome quality, look like david beckam and the hair is DARK as and really thick.

Hmmm, with all these pics of the updated portrait, no one has posted the passage from HT's latest newsletter, a sentence of which is intriguing:

4.jpg

Another Backstage picture from our Production Team, thousands of these perfect painted John Connor 1/6 scale collectible figures are now on the way to our warehouse. Take a closer look on these production samples, you'll know your wait is worthy! One more special news for you � this figure is the first product to use a hard PVC material which the texture is more close to a life-like human's face, and able to present the details of the face sculpture perfectly. More than that, you can also see the final painting on these pieces is improved a lot, this is because our Art Director in Chief - JC Hong has been supervising the final paint-work in the factory throughout the month. You may experience this valued-added feature within this month. Stay tuned and get more news and updates from HotToys.com.hk soon!

New material, and John is the first figure to implement it. Now I'm a bit more excited to get the damn thing in my hands. :D

If you look at the pics with the heads in a row. Every one is different. I like the second one in from the left.

Hmmm, with all these pics of the updated portrait, no one has posted the passage from HT's latest newsletter, a sentence of which is intriguing:

4.jpg

Another Backstage picture from our Production Team, thousands of these perfect painted John Connor 1/6 scale collectible figures are now on the way to our warehouse. Take a closer look on these production samples, you'll know your wait is worthy! One more special news for you � this figure is the first product to use a hard PVC material which the texture is more close to a life-like human's face, and able to present the details of the face sculpture perfectly. More than that, you can also see the final painting on these pieces is improved a lot, this is because our Art Director in Chief - JC Hong has been supervising the final paint-work in the factory throughout the month. You may experience this valued-added feature within this month. Stay tuned and get more news and updates from HotToys.com.hk soon!

New material, and John is the first figure to implement it. Now I'm a bit more excited to get the damn thing in my hands. :D

Hmmm.. is it posiible that THAT was the issue: New material, trial and error for paint apps?

Back