1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this the acutal head sculpt we're getting? This is fantastic! The proto was really close, but this fixes the slightly off look of the proto. Very lifelike. If you could downgrade the photos a bit to make them look older, you wouldn't know it's a toy in some of those shots. Now just charge my last payment and send it already. It's been 2 years.

I agree with the general consensus that the final product is better than the proto. Perhaps it is merely just a better paint app instead of a better headsculpt, but it's still an improvement nonetheless. Is the headsculpt a home run in my opinion? No, but it's at least miles better than the Ruddgate one.

I will admit from the profile it looks very good, but when the shot is head on, it's kinda just okay.

I think part of it is the fact that Evangeline Lilly's ears stick out more than the average person, and that hairdo tends to exaggerate the "wingnut" effect even more. Ok, that's a little harsh but you know what I mean. :lol

I think part of it is the fact that Evangeline Lilly's ears stick out more than the average person, and that hairdo tends to exaggerate the "wingnut" effect even more. Ok, that's a little harsh but you know what I mean. :lol

She does have Dumbo ears...no denying that. :lol

OK my favourite pics !! That last one is killer !!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm really digging that rainbow effect on the wings, but is that actually gonna be on the figure or is that merely a photoshop effect?

I'm really digging that rainbow effect on the wings, but is that actually gonna be on the figure or is that merely a photoshop effect?

Looks more like an artifact from a polarized filter on the camera. Only certain reviewers have it but the patterning of the wings matches shot to shot on all of said reviewer's images, so it is part of the plastic. So you could probably see it in person only with polarized glasses or through a camera with a filter on it

I am so happy that she turned out amazing after all these years of waiting for her to release! Love that they upgraded and changed the wings from the prototype. When do you think Big Bad Toy Store will start shipping her out?
1fed02514346102f97c21b78124ac10977887c0a.jpg

I am so happy that she turned out amazing after all these years of waiting for her to release! Love that they upgraded and changed the wings from the prototype. When do you think Big Bad Toy Store will start shipping her out?
1fed02514346102f97c21b78124ac10977887c0a.jpg

my guess would be around Christmas.

Wow, this turned out great! Congrats to those picking this up. My Marvel collecting ended/is ending with Gamora due to shelf space and budget (hey Mando!) but this would be an amazing addition to any collection. I expect pics, people!

I bought the Ant Man figure recently on a whim and while the unmasked headsculpt is problematic, the costume and the figures’ articulation impressed me quite a bit. And I’m just going to assume that Wasp will have the same level of articulation, and if so I’m definitely preordering this piece.

I bought the Ant Man figure recently on a whim and while the unmasked headsculpt is problematic, the costume and the figures? articulation impressed me quite a bit. And I?m just going to assume that Wasp will have the same level of articulation, and if so I?m definitely preordering this piece.

Based off these photos it looks like she has really good articulation.

119260272_10157507802227344_7874943816512154876_o.jpg
119238404_10157507802352344_6798540904181597663_o.jpg

The arms won't be able to articulate as well as Ant-Man 3.0 since his arms were separate from the body. The Wasp looks like her arms are attached to the suit...also I'm seeing no ankle articulation...so I'm gonna go ahead and say The Wasp's articulation won't be better.

The arms won't be able to articulate as well as Ant-Man 3.0 since his arms were separate from the body. The Wasp looks like her arms are attached to the suit...also I'm seeing no ankle articulation...so I'm gonna go ahead and say The Wasp's articulation won't be better.

I?m not so sure actually. I was looking at the photos closer and it looks like the arms are separate from the body. They hid it well underneath the chest piece that moves into a shoulder pad. There?s a side angle where it looks like the arm tucks into the body so she may have the same separate arms as Ant-Man. Fingers crossed! Hopefully we see a review up soon!

I?m not so sure actually. I was looking at the photos closer and it looks like the arms are separate from the body. They hid it well underneath the chest piece that moves into a shoulder pad. There?s a side angle where it looks like the arm tucks into the body so she may have the same separate arms as Ant-Man. Fingers crossed! Hopefully we see a review up soon!

119212049_10157507792897344_597617021099722128_o.jpeg

Hmm, interesting...you guys might be right!

These days, that is a typical HT detail. Yondu, AOU Hawkeye and so many more have this now. Makes for smoother articulation

Yep. I just noticed that with the Captain Marvel figure that I received yesterday via Popcultcha. Though with CM, the material is probably less forgiving to creasing than the Ant-Man figure that I also just received last week.

Hmm, interesting...you guys might be right!

I just noticed that these photos someone posted earlier actually show the design change made to the chest piece/shoulder pad (top photo is the prototype, bottom photo the latest version).

tumblr_92d343ef68fb4d5065c085a960e15782_1fed0251_1280.jpg

That said, I'm still not sure the arm is separate from the underlying suit material. I think they may have just extended the chest piece over the shoulder to hide the underlying material, which on the prototype looks to have a some cloth in that area (see below).

PD15303574570th.jpg

Back