1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really good to me. Never planned to use the unmasked sculpt but glad it came out well. The costume and masked sculpt of both this and Antman are very well done. For that matter, the MCU in general crushes the interpretation from comic to screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I guess it's time to upgrade the Asmus' Evangeline Lily (wannabe) as Tauriel headsculpt..

review_tauriel_3 copy.jpg

review_tauriel_5 copy.jpg

Damn! I was really hoping this one would come out on the same level as Rudd's so that I could skip both of them. :lol

But seriously, this one is a nice improvement over the prototype and I placed an order. But now I'm really tempted to get V.3 Ant-man even though the sculpt is freaking terrible and I'm one of those that likes to display the figure with the helmet off.

P.S. - The wait for Gamora continues...

Looks great. Hot Toys is sure pushing these out a a brisk pace. This is what they should be doing instead of looking at ebay prices and reissuing figures.

I think this turned out great. I hope we get her in the states before the end of the year.

I think this looks fantastic, and is way better than the prototype. I have this on preorder and may actually prefer to use the headsculpt...which in turn MAY make me use smiley Rudd next to her.

Yeah the sculpt definitely seems much improved from the proto. But the outfit is still so boring and generic that I have a hard time getting too excited for this, so think I'll just wait for the third movie and see what improvements they make for that.

Yeah the sculpt definitely seems much improved from the proto. But the outfit is still so boring and generic that I have a hard time getting too excited for this, so think I'll just wait for the third movie and see what improvements they make for that.

I am thinking the same but on the other hand ... I was planning to wait for Black Panther 2 figure and we all know how did that turn out :(

Ant-Man 3 movie is about 2 years away ...

Looks great! A full headed version of the Ant-Man 1 smirk sculpt with the new suit would have made these two the perfect pair

She looks amazing.

Having the first two Ant Man figures, I held out from getting the third one but now that I see Wasp looking fantastic, I'm tempted in picking up both.

I honestly think it's the same headsculpt with better paint app or more toning of the face with the paint. I bet if somebody takes a photo of it with flash or increased exposure, it's gonna look like the ones seen on HT's promotional photos.

I agree with the general consensus that the final product is better than the proto. Perhaps it is merely just a better paint app instead of a better headsculpt, but it's still an improvement nonetheless. Is the headsculpt a home run in my opinion? No, but it's at least miles better than the Ruddgate one.

I will admit from the profile it looks very good, but when the shot is head on, it's kinda just okay.

Back