1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 498 - Ant-man and the Wasp - The Wasp

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this release date holds, we are getting close to a full year delay. At this point some kind of notification from Hot Toys about their current situation would be nice, so it?s not all in the dark.

Also before you all jump down my throat with your straw men ?bUt WhAt aBOut tHE pEoPLe?!?? I?m not saying these useless hunks of plastic are more important than their health and well being.

A year delay is not unheard of with Hot Toys. And with the factories shutting down left and right,
it just adds time to that delay. Nothing Hot Toys can do about that... and they have never "notified" anyone on their status,
even when it is their own internal delays. So why would they now?

If this release date holds, we are getting close to a full year delay. At this point some kind of notification from Hot Toys about their current situation would be nice, so it?s not all in the dark.

Head over to the JL Superman thread if you want to see what real delay looks like. January 2018 he was ordered. Over 2 years ago !!

Hot Toys never comments on why. It's the Chinese way.

So I wouldn't expect anything other than the stuff SS dreams up when you contact them asking for a simple explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's figures that are already approaching a year delay. Solo Mudtrooper and GotG2 will be at a year delay next month. There's **** going on in the world right now. There's going to be a **** ton of delays coming up. Just be glad you have your health and hope nothing actually important in your life is effected by this.

source.gif

Warning! Warning! Politics detected! ;)

Yeah, also got the notification that Wasp will be delayed. Been thinking that I am use these delayed to start cutting back in general on Hot Toys. Unless something amazing comes out in the next year.

I think their plans for this year is a mess at this point

Perfect chance to break the habit ... if one were so inclined

I am not so inclined...although I so wish I was! At this point all of my stuff is on pre-order and I figure when the issues clear up, I'll have a nice steady stream of new collectibles coming my way. I'll enjoy the financial break for a few months as things settle down...

I think this is just like Sars, Bird Flu, West Nile Virus, and Swine Flu; and a year from now no one will care and the news will be crying "apocalypse!" at the next viral outbreak that has a lower death rate than the common flu.

Its not often I think about posts on this forum weeks after I read them, but I have thought about this post everyday since reading it because I felt the same way back in January, and I still hear family members say this even today.

I am not so inclined...although I so wish I was! At this point all of my stuff is on pre-order and I figure when the issues clear up, I'll have a nice steady stream of new collectibles coming my way. I'll enjoy the financial break for a few months as things settle down...

If hot toys is still in business when this is all over

The margins on these dolls will be huge.
Hot Toys will be fine when it blows over.
Where the economy will be is anyone's guess when this subsides. Hot toys' other problem is the ages of people that start to develop major symptoms are in their 40s and older generally and those are probably the ages that buy the bulk of hot toys products.

Where the economy will be is anyone's guess when this subsides. Hot toys' other problem is the ages of people that start to develop major symptoms are in their 40s and older generally and those are probably the ages that buy the bulk of hot toys products.

Of course.
In the last year and a half, my own spending habits(Economy driven), have taken a nosedive, so i have fallen out of the equation for the most part.
I see it all over my own town, small businesses closing their doors, so i can only imagine how bad it's getting all over the world.
All i meant with my previous comment was that there will be monster profit levels with the like of Hot Toys and similar companies. All they'll need to do is batten down the hatches for a while, then ramp back up production afterwards.

Was pretty sure I was going to be cancelling this to help lighten my load even before I ever heard of covid.
I did want to keep in place most of the other pre-orders I had, especially when I was able to use a ton of reward points or hefty deposits.

Now that I have an inkling of just how severe the economic conditions are going to be in the very near future, almost all this stuff is going to have to get cancelled.
My income is made working at large events which see hundreds of thousands of attendees. I'm expecting to be fully out of work this year now. 0 income.

Was pretty sure I was going to be cancelling this to help lighten my load even before I ever heard of covid.
I did want to keep in place most of the other pre-orders I had, especially when I was able to use a ton of reward points or hefty deposits.

Now that I have an inkling of just how severe the economic conditions are going to be in the very near future, almost all this stuff is going to have to get cancelled.
My income is made working at large events which see hundreds of thousands of attendees. I'm expecting to be fully out of work this year now. 0 income.

Sorry to hear about your work situation. Hopefully this will end as quickly as it started and you can get back to making money. These toys are unimportant right now as there will always be more in the future.

I think this is just like Sars, Bird Flu, West Nile Virus, and Swine Flu; and a year from now no one will care and the news will be crying "apocalypse!" at the next viral outbreak that has a lower death rate than the common flu.

Interesting to look back at this post now.

I work in a lab at a major medical center and we are getting 100s of covid 19 specimens a day. I have some coworkers who still say this is just a flu, or it is no more dangerous than TB and we arent panicking about those. We also had panic with H1N1 and west nile but covid 19 is very different. So it just goes to show that even people who really should know better are still in denial.

We dont know how many infections there have been worldwide, we dont know the case fatality rate, but we do know that Italy has so many deaths they cant even collect bodies from peoples homes in a timely manner, doctors are making life and death decisions when patients come through the door like a ww2 triage on a battlefield. Iran is digging trenches the length of a football field in Qom to handle all of their bodies and they haven't even reported deaths in Qom yet.

Be careful out there folks.

I work in a lab at a major medical center and we are getting 100s of covid 19 specimens a day. I have some coworkers who still say this is just a flu, or it is no more dangerous than TB and we arent panicking about those. We also had panic with H1N1 and west nile but covid 19 is very different. So it just goes to show that even people who really should know better are still in denial.

We dont know how many infections there have been worldwide, we dont know the case fatality rate, but we do know that Italy has so many deaths they cant even collect bodies from peoples homes in a timely manner, doctors are making life and death decisions when patients come through the door like a ww2 triage on a battlefield. Iran is digging trenches the length of a football field in Qom to handle all of their bodies and they haven't even reported deaths in Qom yet.

Be careful out there folks.

It's scary when you realise that it's almost a given we will all get it(Barring a few shut ins that manage to escape going out).
That's not to say it will be fatal to most of us. Far from it. It depends on our state of health at the time. My Dad is 72 and has just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, but is generally in good health, so it's difficult to say.
Like you say, the denial is probably worse than effectively preparing for the worst.
I'm not even joking, when i say it seems like Thanos just clicked his fingers. We just need to wait and see who makes it to the other side of the click in one piece.
Be safe, everyone. Take all precautions you can, and don't be silly.

Take all precautions you can, and don't be silly.

Exactly. Then you have those kids who are doing the coronavirus challenge by licking doorknobs and toilet seats for clicks. We are doomed as a species.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back