1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 302 - Avengers: AoU - Quicksilver

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get the whole "He comes with nothing" post. All he did was run around and get shot in the chest by Ultron in a jet. What were people expecting?

Apparently lots of weapons which he didn't have, or a battle damaged head, or battle damaged suit... oh wait, none of those really work..

Actually is there any 'extra' his sister has that he doesn't?.. The silly hand effects (which I must admit suit her better than the Iron Man booster effects..) is all I can think of..

Apparently lots of weapons which he didn't have, or a battle damaged head, or battle damaged suit... oh wait, none of those really work..

Actually is there any 'extra' his sister has that he doesn't?.. The silly hand effects (which I must admit suit her better than the Iron Man booster effects..) is all I can think of..
a box of tissues

I don't get the whole "He comes with nothing" post. All he did was run around and get shot in the chest by Ultron in a jet. What were people expecting?

I completly agree. With BW people complain that the guns are just stuff to raise or "justify" the price. With Hulkbuster people are saying eliminate extras to drop the cost. With vision, same thing. With thanos, same thing. With QS and Hill it's bare bones and hot toys is either lazy or blah blah. No matter what they do people want the opposite. If this came with some "streak" effects and a cool base people would say they just want the figure for less. With thanos they do the throne and people want it cheaper without the throne.

It doesn't matter what these companies do. People always complain and ask for the exact opposite.

Look at drax. For months al you heard was people just wanted him. #anydraxwilldo but since his pants are the wrong color..it's #ijustwannabitch

Only thing he really could have came with was a shot up bloody shirt as an exclusive, even then, he is dead in that scene, would make no sense posing him like that unless you are gonna have him laying down dead.

This was going to be $189, if you scroll over the cover pic it says "payment plans starting at $47.25", when you click link, then it says $52.50......I still like the sculpt of ATJ, but the price should have been $189, if HT or SS raised it I don't know. but at least the sculpt is there.

HT could have easily included this.
11822491_1150196131662684_5166764016181445151_n.jpg

And maybe a diorama base or a blurred backdrop. They could've added a 2nd 'running' headsculpt, obviously his hair looks totally different than when hes standing still.
Quicksilver_70556.jpg

I recall he briefly held an AK47. But I would prefer the power effects more than anything else.
Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-footage.jpg

If they can give Scarlet powers, and Thor lightening and Mark 45 lasers theres really no excuse they couldn't do it. HT didn't really put a lot of effort into this figure, just the bare minimum. It looks great, but as a product it feels unfinished.

HT could have easily included this.
11822491_1150196131662684_5166764016181445151_n.jpg

And maybe a diorama base or a blurred backdrop. They could've added a 2nd 'running' headsculpt, obviously his hair looks totally different than when hes standing still.
Quicksilver_70556.jpg

I recall he briefly held an AK47. But I would prefer the power effects more than anything else.
Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-footage.jpg

If they can give Scarlet powers, and Thor lightening and Mark 45 lasers theres really no excuse they couldn't do it. HT didn't really put a lot of effort into this figure, just the bare minimum. It looks great, but as a product it feels unfinished.

I gotta agree. It's not like it's a illogical complaint considering his price. I got Mandarin and Bruce Banner, and I feel like they have a lot more value and cost $30 less. I mean, they are pretty bare, but at least they come with something.

He'd be a great 2-pack with his sister... none the less I will still get him (and perhaps that's they reason why not to go the extra mile), but I had hoped for something like and extra head sculpt or a damaged sentry, or yeah, that jacket. It just helps make an otherwise basic figure pop a little bit more.

Honestly, that's all you really need for Pietro, though. I think I may be the only person satisfied that all we're getting is the figure and hands. XD

Do you REALLY need speed effects?

The extra jacket I can get though...I mean if they could put a fully sewn suit on TASM2 Figure AND give him a freaking best, beanie and scarf, they could have thrown in a jacket. Though I could totally live without it. I'm honestly just happy we're getting a figure of Pietro.

I completly agree. With BW people complain that the guns are just stuff to raise or "justify" the price. With Hulkbuster people are saying eliminate extras to drop the cost. With vision, same thing. With thanos, same thing. With QS and Hill it's bare bones and hot toys is either lazy or blah blah. No matter what they do people want the opposite. If this came with some "streak" effects and a cool base people would say they just want the figure for less. With thanos they do the throne and people want it cheaper without the throne.

It doesn't matter what these companies do. People always complain and ask for the exact opposite.

Look at drax. For months al you heard was people just wanted him. #anydraxwilldo but since his pants are the wrong color..it's #ijustwannabitch

From my short time visiting and posting on the various threads, I have to say you are right on the money with this post! I've literally read comments on everything you said. That's really something.

Is anyone outside of Iron Man, or maybe Cap or Thor likely to get a diorama base from this movie though?.... All the stands are otherwise colour varied copies of the same design... I can't see the more minor characters of the movie would have ever have gotten anything like Mk43 and Mk45 have..

The running sculpt would be a nice addition, one that I would probably pose him with, but it would probably raise the price.

I think he looks great, although his hair looks grayer than the more screen-accurate white. If I had a lot more money to blow on Hot Toys, I'd get him to stand with my Scarlet Witch :)

As I mentioned he looks good and at $210 I was on the fence a little but now it's gone up for pre-order in the UK for £200 ($310) I think i'll have to pass, if this is the new bare bones price for a bare bones figure my collecting days are numbered.

To each their own. I don't mind the figure coming without accessories.

Out of my 40+ Hot Toys, almost if not all the accessories don't get used. On that note I understand that some collectors want more bang for their buck and to a point they are correct. This hobby is not cheap and you want to come out of the transaction feeling like you got your money's worth.

Back