1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 302 - Avengers: AoU - Quicksilver

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Added Hawkeye!
13086810_10156773766545394_658773747711700115_o.jpg

Excellent display!! :clap :rock I love how you've posed Hawkeye and Scarlet Witch! :)

I should be receiving this figure on Tuesday, as my last flex payment is Monday. Looking forward to pairing him up with SW and just the AoU gang in general.

Added Hawkeye!
13086810_10156773766545394_658773747711700115_o.jpg

Looks awsome!! I couldnt get that many together in one display, I'm not brave enough to pose my figures without stands. It does show how lame it is that hot toys keeps making these big rectangular stands; they are too wide and take up too much space. You'd think hot toys would make the stands as small as possible-the more display space the stand takes up the less space available for the figures themselves and the less people will buy do to space limitations.

I am curious if sideshow would replace a figure that fell to its doom if it wasn't on the stand?

I personally preferred the oval stands. Not only were they less spacious, but I like the fact that you're able to move or rotate the stand itself in any direction to acheive a particular angle that you want the figure at. With the rectangular stands, they don't look very neat if they're positioned diagonally.

I personally preferred the oval stands. Not only were they less spacious, but I like the fact that you're able to move or rotate the stand itself in any direction to acheive a particular angle that you want the figure at. With the rectangular stands, they don't look very neat if they're positioned diagonally.

:exactly: I much prefer the old style stands too - new ones are nice but they do take up a lot of my precious space! :gah:

I got this on Thursday and like it quite a bit. Really simple figure but it looks good and Hot Toys nailed the head sculpt.

Mine is coming friday. Just Ultron Prime left and I'm done with AoU and my wallet can take a breather.

Thanks! Yeah, he is pretty solid. Very sturdy figure, great sculpt and I like the material of the clothing. Being that he literally comes with no accessories (other than the hands) and really doesn't have any clothing that requires futzing of any sort, he's pretty much just one of those open the box and put him on the stand figures.

There's really nothing on him that could potentially break or go wrong.

Nice review. Great job. :clap

My only constructive criticism would be not to expound too much on why you do or don't like what Marvel (or DC, whichever) chose to outfit a particular character in because that really has no bearing on the figure itself and has nothing to do with HT. I would also perhaps talk about and demonstrate articulation points on the figure.

Other than that, I concur with everything you said. I personally really like the figure being that I'm going to end up having close to the entire AoU line. And like you said, he's not going to have another figure. The tailoring is awesome, the body seems to be very sturdy and the sculpt is pretty spot on, in my opinion. There's not a lot that can really go wrong with him because there's really no intricate parts to his suit or any accessories, like you mentioned. I also only really see an interest in him if one is looking to complete an AoU collection or is a fan of the Maximoffs. Not really a figure one would buy as a stand alone.

Cool pose also. Might have to steal that one. :duff

Quicksilver arrived today! Wasn't too excited about him turning up really! But in hand he is a much better likeness than he appears in pictures! Glad I got him plus he is the only one that can catch Loki from making it off with the stones
e86118a5f9a9763982707661794b5dd5.jpg

I told myself that I'd get at least one figure of each Avenger, but i'm having such a hard time pulling the trigger on this... I watched AoU again this morning, and all I could think of is that I would own this by now if he came with the jacket he was wearing for about 3/4 of the film.

Quicksilver arrived today! Wasn't too excited about him turning up really! But in hand he is a much better likeness than he appears in pictures! Glad I got him plus he is the only one that can catch Loki from making it off with the stones
e86118a5f9a9763982707661794b5dd5.jpg

Great picture!

He is indeed a pretty cool figure for what he is. The sculpt does bear a really good likeness.

Back