Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The boots are from the Armor Test Stark (maybe other figures too) but with an actual paintjob. I just noticed that. They look really good when they aren't just black plastic.

Okay, so the mustache is way too dark. Anyone offering repaints on that area? I'm serious.

I'm not a huge fan of the funeral look. I really like the brown pants/blue shirt combo he had in the movie. So here's mine. I dyed the Royce shirt navy blue, since it's already tailored to the body...
64549767-56D0-45B6-9CB2-3EB4AC9D1172_zpsxmdjzrkl.jpg

AC5FD55D-53A0-4710-BAEB-53EBF5183810_zps3pwvotl1.jpg

F90DEE0D-3FA9-4150-84EE-4ECF8F0BA594_zpsonuyzlvh.jpg

E5E791E0-9F0B-4273-9E46-8F9CC4CAB2AA_zpszprfdr0x.jpg

My Wolverine arrived today and I'm happy with him. My wife thinks it's the poorest likeness of any of my hot toys - but I'm satisfied with it (May or May not be cognitive dissonance at work, but I see Hugh in it).

Anyway, I'm a horrible photography using an iPhone for a camera, but I thought this turned out cool in an unintentional way....

View attachment 96121

I love it! Looks like a screenshot from film!

I can't believe I've been missing out on this thread, since last year I've been in the wrong The Wolverine OMG photo review thread and was wondering why things are so slow and today I somehow discovered this thread, and yet things are hot and running on this thread. :slap

Hot Toys presents....

The real Wolverine.

I did the muscular body poses, he's on a terminator body and I think it really compliments the figure so long as the feet pegs are not used and the shins go directly into boots (bane), but will heed stand to support him.

Without the pegs it also reduces his height to correct level and looks very natural, for example when Hugh was seen almost nude in screenshots, that is what I wanted to depict.

Currently working on this custom.

This one is on another Terminator body, sorry for the messy desk.

It's like the Burt Reynolds rug photo all over again...only you had to use a white rug so -everything- stands out. I will never look at Logan the same way now. Where is my bleach? Lol

In other news! Started my repaint. Some success and some failure. Mostly not getting a good flesh wash with the skin tone I chose. I think I need to revist the paint store for some better options. I removed the soul patch and really thinned out the chin. My HS is looking more like Logan from X-1, at least facial hair wise. I didnt flesh wash the stache to dumb it down and now it looks more like stubble. I also darkened the chops and added that inch or so of facial hair on Logan's upper lip at the corner of his mouth. I used some dry brush techniques to add it in as single hairs and I think the effect is awesome. I used the same technique for the chops to thicken them up and bring them higher up, like closer to the HS cheekbones. Looks killer. Atm Im just having issues with the underside of the mouth area. It isnt blending as fluidly as the rest of the HS and I dont want the appearance that there is a quality difference in the paint application. I think I just need to use thinner coats to get it right. Worst case, I remove some paint with nail polish remover and try again.

I also drew up rough sketches of some new poses. When Im done with the HS I will pose him up and show off some style like Kanine's great pics.

Progress photos on the repaint tonight. Give you guys and idea of what Im talking about.

hey guys if i buy this on sideshow right now its still under preorder but i know they have been shipping them out does anyone know how long it will be til i get it

Back