Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL saw it on Fb but was afraid to post the photo here as I was among the last people to post on the now closed Wolfman thread, I fear I might get a warning for it. Anyway, yeah, I look forward to seeing another photo of this guy under better lighting but so far IMO it looks more like Jackman but the hair still needs some refining. And the body looks good, and the attention to detail particularly on Jackma's weird-looking vein on his right bicep is a nice touch.

So before it is shut down again and post removed, any idea how /where these will be available to order being a knock off?

LOL at that being a bootleg? Unless they are offering the exact same accessories and same outfit and same box then it isn't a bootleg. There are tons of unlicensed figures for sale. I just thought that was funny DD shut the other thread down.

LOL at that being a bootleg? Unless they are offering the exact same accessories and same outfit and same box then it isn't a bootleg. There are tons of unlicensed figures for sale. I just thought that was funny DD shut the other thread down.

That didn't really help answering the question but glad you got a chuckle.....

I keep coming back to the last few HT figures I've gotten and how the panic was palpable in here about them based on the early pics....Jor-El looked almost candy-coated and Kal-El looked soft....but once I had them in front of me, well....Jor-El is one of my favorite figures right now. The sculpt is fantastic and the paint looks just fine. Same with MOS Superman. Sharp featured and clean looking sculpt, really well done. I also picked up the Mandarin...and THAT figure is awesome, period. Excellent sculpt, paint apps and tailoring...a total bulls-eye. HT can do it completely right....just not all the time like everyone expects, it seems.

The big difference I guess is that none of the figures you mentioned have likenesses questioned bid-time by the majority. Apart from the smoothness/softness/shine of the sculpt, Jor El looks like Crowe and MoS is a very good Cavill sculpt. Even the DX13 has some collectors saying that the sculpt's a bit soft on texture and that the blood smear may have been overdone, but the likeness is very good people just shrug the issues off. I thought maybe MMS220 can look more like Jackman with a professional quality repaint, but seeing in person how the sculpt's too square and wide than it should be, it could take more than just repaint to bring out Jackman as The Wolverine on that headsculpt. Again that's just my opinion after seeing the actual figure, though.

Here's a really off-topic question for TheObsoleteMan...Did you pick your name from the old Twilight Zone episode?...I only ask because Im running through season 2 of that show, and I forgot there's an episode called "The obsolete Man"...Was just curious...

Matt

Burgess Meredith rocks! And TZ rocks -- so ahead of its time! The Obsolete Man and Number 12 Looks Just Like You are just 2 episodes that prove TZ gave the 60's people a glimpse of the 21st century.

So before it is shut down again and post removed, any idea how /where these will be available to order being a knock off?

Five hours ago on Ex Figure's Facebook they wrote:

This is to confirm that we will be initiating Pre Ordering pretty soon through our website and Ebay. Secondly Price will be out with the Pre Ordering...

The website still isn't live yet.

I'm definitely grabbing this one. Sure it's not perfect but I'm not gonna let the stache ruin an awesome looking figure. By far the best looking Wolverine figure available.

Dam that boot leg actually looks like the actor unlike the official products damn Hot Toys what were you thinking guy has no upper lip you got up staged by the bootleg slippin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In terms of the mustache, it appears to me that Hot Toys confused stubble with facial hair. They may have gone off of the promo art in which Hugh seems to have a slight mustache. Either way it's not a deal breaker to me
heneba7u.jpg
pypaha8y.jpg
vy5a4epa.jpg
uhura9aq.jpg

Yeah, it had its own thread for a bit. But because it's an unlicensed figure the thread got removed.

Not merely b/c it's an unlicensed figure. HT is now making Dave close threads of unlicensed figures that HT has the license to. I guess that HT trying to be interwebs police and shutdown anyone trying to one-up them :lol

That was helpful, thank you.

Be careful if you pre- order. They were Fireside/Fire-whatever Figures collectibles before and were promoting their knock-off Assassins' Creed figures until Ubisoft saw them and got involved to shut them down. From all accounts, everyone got their pre-order money back but I'd still be careful if I were you.

Not merely b/c it's an unlicensed figure. HT is now making Dave close threads of unlicensed figures that HT has the license to. I guess that HT trying to be interwebs police and shutdown anyone trying to one-up them :lol

That's complete BS then. Hot Toys does not own this board. When I sent my money to be a premium member here I didn't send it Hot Toys.

Be careful if you pre- order. They were Fireside/Fire-whatever Figures collectibles before and were promoting their knock-off Assassins' Creed figures until Ubisoft saw them and got involved to shut them down. From all accounts, everyone got their pre-order money back but I'd still be careful if I were you.

Completely agree. I wouldn't even think of PO'd it. I would though buy it once it is released. The Steve Jobs figure got shut down but it is alive and well.

The HT's sculpt isn't bad, it just needed some tweaking. But someone thought it was a good idea to just hurry up the figure and release it as is. This arrogance is the reason why you are going to see an unlicensed company make a better figure. It's not our fault HT's doesn't listen to their fans. You know, the people that actually buy their products and pay their salaries.

That's complete BS then. Hot Toys does not own this board. When I sent my money to be a premium member here I didn't send it Hot Toys.

It could easily be Sideshow asking Dave to take it down(Unless Dave just did it himself). Dave has affiliate status, and Sideshow are the official US importers of Hot Toys, so if someone at SS got wind of that bootleg, they could easily have asked Dave to take it down.
More likely is that Dave just took it down for those same reasons, to avoid damaging his affiliate status.

exactly but if it was a customizer on here theres no issue.... :cuckoo:

Back