Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol Blame the sculptors for not giving him bigger lips :p

The proto's mouth was less pursed...Not sure why they went this direction lol

Just looked at the proto shots, and can see no difference.

In fact the proto shot I just looked at appeared to have a fatter head. So much is in the angles and lighting.

The only differences I see are in the painting. And even then, the moustache was always evident.

The Plastic Enemies pics look pretty good. Some looked bad than others looked really good. So still have to wait and see it in person. Hopefully next week I get him. Get charged Tuesday so should be shipping the next day. Crossing my fingers. Want the worries to be put to rest.

Can anyone please confirm if they are having loose hip leg issues on this new wolverine for those of you that have it? Mine has loose hips fixed it with rubber bacnd to give it tension but want to know in case I buy another one thanks!!!

Damn that's sort of annoying. I will tell you if I have any issue in that area when I receive mine. If this is on going than it's a definite defect. Hopefully not.

Just looked at the proto shots, and can see no difference.

In fact the proto shot I just looked at appeared to have a fatter head. So much is in the angles and lighting.

The only differences I see are in the painting. And even then, the moustache was always evident.

:exactly: while I am certain the fig may have some differences, it isn't that noticeable to me (yet). The other items (body, price etc.) haven't changed either so not sure why the hate. I am looking forward to shipping notice and announcement from DOFP. One can never have too many Wolvies (even tho I admit none capture Hugh's likeness 100%).

:exactly: while I am certain the fig may have some differences, it isn't that noticeable to me (yet). The other items (body, price etc.) haven't changed either so not sure why the hate. I am looking forward to shipping notice and announcement from DOFP. One can never have too many Wolvies (even tho I admit none capture Hugh's likeness 100%).

Comparing the upper lip area with the production piece shows that in production the upper lip has a FAR thicker mustache, that's basically the issue people have. I still have no idea where they got that mustache from, it's like they didn't even watch any source material :/

George-Michael-wallpaper_.jpg

Anyone else see the likeness? lol
Looks more like George Michael than Hugh...
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I finally got to see the actual figure today on display at the local dealer's shop. It was a hot topic at the shop today (there was a gathering/event that collectors filled out the whole floor for a short while). Even in person, I'd boldly say that it's not one of those sculpts which would have the majority agree that it's a good sculpt. The reaction it got from everyone was just like hearing the things that we read ad nauseum on this thread. Some say it's okay, some say it's great, some say it's ugly, etc.

I was hoping that my being underwhelmed by the earlier photos of the figure would be changed upon seeing this figure in person. That didn't happen :( I find the sculpt and paint weak, and the overall package lackluster. That's just me though -- your mileage may vary. I think no professional photography or lighting can change its weaknesses. It would take more than that. Like I said before the likeness could be there and a very good repaint can make it shine more similar to how Hathaway's likeness came out when the Selina Kyle sculpt was repainted, but IMO the sculpt is too wide, too square and it throws off even the other features that are definitely Jackman.

The suit hangs well on the figure and is well tailored. I just can't say anything about the material as I was not able to touch the clothing.

Again these are just my thoughts upon seeing the figure in person. If you get to have it in hand and you think that it's a great figure, then I'm happy for you as that's what's important :) I look forward to HT bringing in the DOFP version and may that be the best HT Wolverine we've all been yearning for.

Attached photo is too bad in quality it can only prove my being in front of the figure and nothing else. I was able to capture a better photo with my girlfriend's phone but I forgot to get a copy from her before I went home.

20140215_171919_zpsc2b7732a.jpg

EX Figures just updated their page with another photo of their Wolfman. The shot and lighting on the photo shows good likeness, but the hair can be refined more. The arms look a little weird (possibly just the angle), but it's the little details that caught my eye -- those guys even had to copy Jackman's weird vein mapping on his right bicep!

cancelled this figure. Average figure with soft features. I will just stick with my Wolverine Origins figure. At these prices, HT should be stepping up the quality of the sculp. This is like the Indy figure. No excuse for this at this price.

Seems like Hot Toys is having a lot of quality challenges as of late:

-Tumbler & '89 Batmobile scratches/stains/breaks etc.
-Way too many delays with Amazing Spider-man
-Rumored problems/issues with the die-cast metal (hence why we've seen a reshuffle of some figure release dates)
-Larger Man of Steel head sculpt so body was made larger to compensate (though this could be intentional)
-Wolverine head sculpt paint applications (mainly the mustache)
-Weaker head sculpts as of late (Wolverine, Loki v2, Crow to name a few)
-Final Products looking inconsistent with prototypes

Last edited:
Back