Hot Toys-MMS 220-The Wolverine-Wolverine 1/6th Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful if you pre- order. They were Fireside/Fire-whatever Figures collectibles before and were promoting their knock-off Assassins' Creed figures until Ubisoft saw them and got involved to shut them down. From all accounts, everyone got their pre-order money back but I'd still be careful if I were you.

Thanks for the tip. Await for the release then, no biggie.

I'm trying to decide if I should keep this order. The promo pics had me really stoked for this figure. Not a big fan of the movie, but it was alright...a little boring and stupid at times.

The in hand pics don't make this look like a $225 figure to me anymore.

Any suggestions?

I'm trying to decide if I should keep this order. The promo pics had me really stoked for this figure. Not a big fan of the movie, but it was alright...a little boring and stupid at times.

The in hand pics don't make this look like a $225 figure to me anymore.

Any suggestions?

I don't think it was worth 225 in the first place, maybe $200 considering that man o steel is $200 and is far superior. I would say wait for the reviews, this is not going to sold out and there is always a coupon from sideshow. I personally would get this for the sake of my youtube channel because I do reviews, but if I don't, I would most likely wait for other reviews.

I don't think it was worth 225 in the first place, maybe $200 considering that man o steel is $200 and is far superior. I would say wait for the reviews, this is not going to sold out and there is always a coupon from sideshow. I personally would get this for the sake of my youtube channel because I do reviews, but if I don't, I would most likely wait for other reviews.

I assume the only reason Wolverine is priced higher than MOS would be the licensing fees. Cavill's likeness probably comes cheaper. For now...

Did anyone see this?

995860_361917033951363_1740005297_n.jpg

Headsculpt isn't bad, but the body is perfect. Friggin lazy Hot Toys reusing old bodies...

I guess when hot toys started their director George Lucas figure was officially licensed from Lucasfilm

Be careful if you pre- order. They were Fireside/Fire-whatever Figures collectibles before and were promoting their knock-off Assassins' Creed figures until Ubisoft saw them and got involved to shut them down. From all accounts, everyone got their pre-order money back but I'd still be careful if I were you.

True to some degree. It wasn't that Ubisoft "found out"..."fans" went tattling to Ubisoft letting them know that unlicensed AC figs were being created. It's a bit of two faults here: 1) the fans who tattled 2) FireFigures being stupid using the AC symbols/logos and names.

I believe now they are a bit wiser calling this The Wolfman and the others are The Italian and The Pirate.

We just have to hope that those same "fans" don't run to Ubisoft all over again if we want these figures which I certainly do

That's complete BS then. Hot Toys does not own this board. When I sent my money to be a premium member here I didn't send it Hot Toys.

Dave said it himself. Well I guess you can say they've "asked" him to close the threads to unlicensed figures to which they have the license to. That's why in the DC Section "CEO" not-Lucius Fox thread got closed as well as a few other 3rd party figures.

It could easily be Sideshow asking Dave to take it down(Unless Dave just did it himself). ....
More likely is that Dave just took it down for those same reasons, to avoid damaging his affiliate status.
Not according to what he said in previous now locked threads. At least from what I can remember. Not trying to put false words in the man's mouth, just reiterating what I remember being said

I believe he got more elaborate in another still open thread but here's what he posted in some of the threads that have been closed
Darklord Dave said:
Thread closed at request of real licensee.

Please do not start another thread about this figure.

Last edited:
Not according to what he said in previous now locked threads. At least from what I can remember. Not trying to put false words in the man's mouth, just reiterating what I remember being said

I believe he got more elaborate in another still open thread but here's what he posted in some of the threads that have been closed

I stand corrected.
I was just thinking out loud.

How do I order this figure ?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-the-wolverine-hot-toys-902128/

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10482&mode=retail

I assume the only reason Wolverine is priced higher than MOS would be the licensing fees. Cavill's likeness probably comes cheaper. For now...

Agreed. But I think after his next Superman film, his likeness is going to be more. Especially if "World's Finest" is a hit.

Thanks for the tip. Await for the release then, no biggie.

While it's not in your neck of the woods, there might be wider access to the figure (beyond Ex Figures' site and their Ebay), since OneSixthBruce in the UK posted on their Facebook today:

Ex Figures - THE WOLFMAN (5 photos)
Yes, very likely we are selling this amazing figure from our friends EX Figures

Please wait for news.

Thx Maggie :)

I stand corrected.
I was just thinking out loud.
No worries Barry :wink1: wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything just wanted to try to clarify :)
One way would be to use acetone, and very lightly brush away the top layer of paint.
I'd just buy the bootleg and pfaff about with that to see what works.
:goodpost:
Yep that's exactly what I would do. Get the bootleg and mess with that while leaving the original mint

No worries Barry :wink1: wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything just wanted to try to clarify :)

:goodpost:
Yep that's exactly what I would do. Get the bootleg and mess with that while leaving the original mint

I have asked my normal bootleg dealer if she knows if the eyes will be added looking straight ahead on the bootleg, rather than the bizarre sideways glance the HT one has.

Out of curiosity, how do people think this suit would fit a TT-Advanced? Im thinking of using it for my Ras Al Ghul custom.

Cancelled.

Will either pick up some parts only or wait til this goes to the gift card list along with the other Wolverine and Hot Toys countless attempts at price gouging their fan base.

It could easily be Sideshow asking Dave to take it down(Unless Dave just did it himself). Dave has affiliate status, and Sideshow are the official US importers of Hot Toys, so if someone at SS got wind of that bootleg, they could easily have asked Dave to take it down.
More likely is that Dave just took it down for those same reasons, to avoid damaging his affiliate status.

I'm perfectly okay with SS asking. But who are we paying our money to and for what? If everything on this board gets censored then what's the point of a premium membership? I'm not upset about this just a bit of rambling. Guess I'm the only one. I would think this board has brought a TON of business Sideshow and Hot Toys way than a "thread" about a figure would not mean anything to HT's or SS. It's not like DD himself is promoting selling the figure. End of rant. Be gentle.

I'm perfectly okay with SS asking. But who are we paying our money to and for what? If everything on this board gets censored then what's the point of a premium membership? I'm not upset about this just a bit of rambling. Guess I'm the only one. I would think this board has brought a TON of business Sideshow and Hot Toys way than a "thread" about a figure would not mean anything to HT's or SS. It's not like DD himself is promoting selling the figure. End of rant. Be gentle.

only problem with your rant is it completely ignores LAW... :lol

Back